Toughest games to come

Rob W

Mike Wrays Wonderfull spreadsheet allows you to calculate the toughness of the opposition played so far and to come

needless to say we have by far the toughest to come  of any team in the PL  :kasper: :kasper: :kasper:

Don't worry - we seem to play better against the better teams (in fact, we've done this for years).  Now if we were facing a series of matches against the lower-placed relegation fodder, that's when we'd need to start worrying...

We've always played better against the top sides.  But we've still aways gotten far more points from the lesser teams.  IMO we're going to finish around 14th this season unless Allardyce changes his ways.

We've always played better against the top sides.  But we've still aways gotten far more points from the lesser teams.  IMO we're going to finish around 14th this season unless Allardyce changes his ways.

I'm now thinking between 12th and 14th, that's simply not good enough.

Does anybody think Allardyce should be here next season if we finish as low as 12th?

Don't worry - we seem to play better against the better teams (in fact, we've done this for years).  Now if we were facing a series of matches against the lower-placed relegation fodder, that's when we'd need to start worrying...

Yeah, our home game against Liverpool is an example of how well we play against the big clubs.  mackems.gif

Yeah, our home game against Liverpool is an example of how well we play against the big clubs.  mackems.gif

I wouldn't necessarily say we play well against the big teams, but we definitely play shit against the crap teams. For years we have been dragged down.

I wouldn't necessarily say we play well against the big teams, but we definitely play shit against the crap teams. For years we have been dragged down.

That i do agree with!  :laugh:

Does anybody think Allardyce should be here next season if we finish as low as 12th?

I don't even bother looking at the league tables any more, I wrote off this season after the Reading game. All I'm looking for at the moment is the slightest hint of progress, or team structure game by game.

Ditto.  I don't care where we finish - we're not going to get into Europe, but we're not going to go down.  I just want to see the players working well together as a team and giving us something to build on for next season.

Might not be a bad thing since we seem to get more motivated for the "big" games.

We didn't seem to get motivated at all against the most succesful team this country has ever produced.

and it was a milners flukey cross that went in to rescue us

No, I don't Mick - you can't justify this however you try and as for doing better against the top sides, how have we performed this season against Liverpool and Pompey at SJP..?? OK, we got a 'fighting' draw against Arsenal, but does anyone think we will do the same to Man U(twice),Arsenal(Away), Villa(away)and Liverpool(away)?? And I haven't even mentioned Everton(away) or Spurs(away - vastly different proposition under Ramos since we beat them earlier this season)..

From those 7 games, I will be surprised if we get more than 3 points, so that leaves another 14 points to get from 12 games if we want 43 points........

No, I don't Mick - you can't justify this however you try and as for doing better against the top sides, how have we performed this season against Liverpool and Pompey at SJP..?? OK, we got a 'fighting' draw against Arsenal, but does anyone think we will do the same to Man U(twice),Arsenal(Away), Villa(away)and Liverpool(away)?? And I haven't even mentioned Everton(away) or Spurs(away - vastly different proposition under Ramos since we beat them earlier this season)..

From those 7 games, I will be surprised if we get more than 3 points, so that leaves another 14 points to get from 12 games if we want 43 points........

when written like that we have a frightening, frightening end to the season ahead of us...

Guest Ridzuan

We have only ourselves to blame for not taking full advantage of every home games we have dropped point this season.Forget about the likes of Manchester United,Arsenal and Liverpool away because the result is obvious.But if we put in better performance in matches against the likes of Toffess,Spurs,Pompey away then we certainly should have no real problem to think about.They are strong at home,but they are not unbeatable.We just need some fighthing spirit and Im sure we will survive the tough times ahead,and also we need to make sure that every home games from now,we will take full advantage of them and try our best to get all the 3 points.

Where did Villa finish in their first season under MON, and did the fans see positive things, like was the line-up building up to what it is today? - Guess Brummie can answer?

I'm not sure I see these positive things in us - Smith in midfield, Zoggy at LB etc, just don't see them turning us into a top 6 team in the next 2 seasons.

Where did Villa finish in their first season under MON, and did the fans see positive things, like was the line-up building up to what it is today? - Guess Brummie can answer?

I'm not sure I see these positive things in us - Smith in midfield, Zoggy at LB etc, just don't see them turning us into a top 6 team in the next 2 seasons.

I think Villa went 19 games without a win last season, if we went through a run like that we'd have sacked 3 managers by the end of it.