Martins

Guest K9

After five minutes we were talking and laughing,' says Martins. 'He said to me, "Oba, if you do that again you're gonna pay a fine." And I said to him, "If you do that kind of thing again [substitute me], you're gonna pay a fine too." So we started laughing about it.'

:lol:

Joker.

Found this rather bizzare write up on Leadership Nigeria.

Newcastle United have seemingly found the right magnet to keep Obafemi Akinwunmi Martins at Saint James' Park, with The Magpies' top brass declaring Thursday night that their recent 90,000 pound-a-week offer to the former Inter Milan striker is a big price to give.

With Newcastle back to winning ways in the Premier League, talk about revived fortunes has led to better fortune for The Weapon of Mass Destruction.

Top of the new deal for Martins is that Newcastle owner, Mike Ashley is on the verge of announcing the new 90,000-pound-a-week deal for the striker, who has already agreed to an improved further four-year contract in principle.

http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/product_info.php?products_id=26321&osCsid=b537a64006b00ea4967ac2abc4065f26

Is that really what they call him bluelaugh.gif

Found this rather bizzare write up on Leadership Nigeria.

Newcastle United have seemingly found the right magnet to keep Obafemi Akinwunmi Martins at Saint James' Park, with The Magpies' top brass declaring Thursday night that their recent 90,000 pound-a-week offer to the former Inter Milan striker is a big price to give.

With Newcastle back to winning ways in the Premier League, talk about revived fortunes has led to better fortune for The Weapon of Mass Destruction.

Top of the new deal for Martins is that Newcastle owner, Mike Ashley is on the verge of announcing the new 90,000-pound-a-week deal for the striker, who has already agreed to an improved further four-year contract in principle.

http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/product_info.php?products_id=26321&osCsid=b537a64006b00ea4967ac2abc4065f26

Is that really what they call him bluelaugh.gif

Brilliant :lol:

Just keyed in The Weapon of Mass Destruction Oba Martins into Google & it does look like it is his nickname in Nigeria.

Who is going to be the first person to get: Weapon of Mass Destruction 9 on there shirt?

Haha that is quality.

Guest Stephen927

:lol:

Usually, I'm sceptical of players who say they want to stay at a club their entire career, but, league performances permitting, I genuinely believe Martins would stay here for the rest of his career.

Unreasonable to expect him to stay when a few Champions League clubs would jump at the chance to get his signature. I still don't think he's anywhere near as effective as he could be, but he's improving loads under Kevin.

He had a quiet game today, but similar to the rest of the team, just didn't really keep the ball or move well. Apart from the 2 goals, our general play was quite weak today; gave away possession too much, not enough movement up front, too much long ball at times and just didn't seem to be that up for it after the first goal.

Just keyed in The Weapon of Mass Destruction Oba Martins into Google & it does look like it is his nickname in Nigeria.

Who is going to be the first person to get: Weapon of Mass Destruction 9 on there shirt?

The first one to get navy seals knocking on their door

The problem again with bringing him off is that we have zero pace in attack and we spent more of the last 20 minutes in our own half than theirs, we become a lot easier to defend against because teams play a high line.

Not saying he shouldn't ever come off but the lack of pace the team has when he isn't on the pitch is something Keegan needs to address in the Summer.

As always the game stretches after the 60min mark, and the most valuable weapon for me when that happens is pace upfront against tired legs and minds.

We took it off, and even if Martins couldn't grab one himself he'd have caused so much havoc in the later stages i think we'd have bagged at least another goal.

But really in the end of the day 2-0 was enough and it didn't really matter too much but at the time i thought it was a stupid decision.

Don´t see the problem in the sub. There is no undroppable players. Quite tired of all the talk about Martins and Zog and what abuse they are getting through.

No one's debating the fact that there's no undroppable players in our squad with the exception of one or two players. Martins is virtually our only pacey player and I think people don't see the sense in subbing our biggest offensive threat at the time of game where he truly excels - running at tired legs and causing even more mayhem. The only one who's close to Martins in terms of pace and threat is Zog and imo if you're to bring Martins off, he is the only player who should be coming on.