Martins

Guest K9

Toon ace oba up for sale says Shaun Cuntis of the Sun.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1202314.ece

NEWCASTLE are trying to flog Obafemi Martins.

The Toon sounded out Liverpool about buying the Nigerian but Martins’ advisors have rejected the idea.

However, Chelsea and Arsenal have been alerted by developments.

Martins, 23, has a £13million buy-out clause in his contract which Newcastle originally asked to take out in exchange for a £90,000- a-week, five-year deal.

But outgoing chairman Chris Mort recently made it clear Newcastle would not pay players ridiculous wages.

It seems Martins has now fallen into that category.

It is bad news for Michael Owen, who wants to extend his £110,000- a-week deal while Toon expect him to take a wage cut.

A Toon insider said: “Oba’s future is uncertain. Newcastle are testing the water to see how strong the interest is.

"It’s surprising they would want to sell him but there is a definite shift in the way the club are operating.”

Hang on.

'Martins, 23, has a £13million buy-out clause in his contract which Newcastle originally asked to take out in exchange for a £90,000- a-week, five-year deal.

But outgoing chairman Chris Mort recently made it clear Newcastle would not pay players ridiculous wages.'

How does that make sense? We offered to take out the clause in exchange for £90k, but we wouldn't pay it as it's too much? Eh?

Hang on.

'Martins, 23, has a £13million buy-out clause in his contract which Newcastle originally asked to take out in exchange for a £90,000- a-week, five-year deal.

But outgoing chairman Chris Mort recently made it clear Newcastle would not pay players ridiculous wages.'

How does that make sense? We offered to take out the clause in exchange for £90k, but we wouldn't pay it as it's too much? Eh?

Might have meant when we first signed him, either that or it's shit journalism, probably the latter.

Hang on.

Might have meant when we first signed him, either that or it's shit journalism, probably the latter.

I thought it was Mort who was doing the 'take clauses out' business, as he did with Owen. Or why would we put the clause in when we first sign him them immediately want to take it out?

Either way, this twat wants to make his mind up.

Hang on.

I thought it was Mort who was doing the 'take clauses out' business, as he did with Owen. Or why would we put the clause in when we first sign him them immediately want to take it out?

Either way, this twat wants to make his mind up.

I was thinking that we were wanting to pay 90k a week instead of the clause but he wanted it in, I'm clutching at straws really.

So we signed him on his terms originally rather than our own? Do me a favour. Custis that is, not you.

Whatever his bullshit story is, he wants to write it better.

Custis has been peddling this story from the moment Martins arrived. The bloke's a total shit-stirring cunt and the fact that he purports to be a Newcastle fan is disgusting. Arsehole.

Custis has been peddling this story from the moment Martins arrived. The bloke's a total shit-stirring cunt and the fact that he purports to be a Newcastle fan is disgusting. Arsehole.

Ditto Alan Oliver.

I'm sure last season Custis had Martins flogged to Man U.

Once he finds out Beye was player of the season he'll be flogging him to Chelsea.

Scum of the Sun, what else would you expect really.

Last summer, Custis says we are flogging Owen.  This summer, Martins.  I will never understand how sport journalists in the UK get away with this stuff, even if it is The Sun.  You can lie through your teeth, never cite a source (ever) and not only get it past an editor and printed but earn a fortune in the process.  Great work I suppose.

Guest Guinness

Custis is a complete wanker, for someone who supposedly supports us he doesn't half write some shit.