Paul Robinson

Pascal Cimbonda

Jermain Defoe

Lee-Young Pyo

Anthony Gardner

Hossam Ghaly

Wayne Routledge

Paul Stalteri

Who if any of these do you think could improve our squad?

I would try and pick up Chimbonda, Defoe, Lee and Routledge personally. Chimbonda can play centre back or right back, Lee can play left back or left midfield and would offer good cover, Routledge has pace and needs games. I thought he was a good player when spurs signed him but he was never really given the run of games he needs and Defoe is a natural goalscorer if we were to bid rid of Oba.

Guest Ridzuan

I would love to have Defoe here but I think our main area of concern now is in the midfield.To be honest,I dont think anyone of them could improve our squad significantly but getting a new midfielder,probably Routledge would not be such a bad thing to do now.Our whole midfield looks dead at the moment.But I dont like the feeling that we are buying players that are unwanted anymore,its like finding food to eat from the garbage container,if it is still good enough to eat though.

I would love to have Defoe here but I think our main area of concern now is in the midfield.To be honest,I dont think anyone of them could improve our squad significantly but getting a new midfielder,probably Routledge would not be such a bad thing to do now.Our whole midfield looks dead at the moment.But I dont like the feeling that we are buying players that are unwanted anymore,its like finding food to eat from the garbage container,if it is still good enough to eat though.

I know what you mean about looking at rejects but our hands are tied pretty much at the moment. The other option is to look at smaller clubs and get their prized assets, however, I am sure there would be many that would criticise that policy as well. THe two players that we have been heavily linked to Brown and Diarra at least are good young players that the clubs that they play for don't really want to leave, its not as if either is on the transfer list. Defoe would be different he doesn't want to leave but again that could work in our favour, if the guy is pushed out he would be even more determined to prove Spurs wrong!! Well thats my positive spin on things anyway!!

I've never really seen him play but would Young-Pyo be worth a short solely for the reason that it free's Zog up to play further upfield since Enrique is not getting the chances to adapt.

Chimbonda and Defoe are the only two with any ability to improve our squad. However I don't think either of them are the type of person we need right now in our dressing room. And besides Defoe wont leave London and if he did it would only be for a massive wage packet, which would not be appropriate for his level of talent.

Chimbonda is a good player, but is a Charlie Big Bollocks and would be trouble.

I don't think Defoe would leave London.

Totally agree about Chimbonda, partially about Defoe - he might just leave London if the right offer came along..

Defoe for me. Not too sure about that Chimbonda, I suppose he is better than what we got but then again I like Beye.

Who is keeping him out of the Spurs team?

No sure he's any better than Beye who seems to be improving / adapting the the Premier League all the time.

According to reports Ramos is prepared to allow the following to leave:

Paul Robinson - no comment needed

Pascal Cimbonda - absolute c***, look at his past, particularly French (i think) club he was at before Wigan, reason Wigan got him on a free was because he basically f***** up the entire club leading to their relegation. Obviously can't blame it all on one man, but his transfer request on the last day of the season when playing for Wigan summed up what sort of person he is. Nowhere near as good as Beye,

Jermain Defoe - No way, always offside, totally frustrating and would leave to Martins leaving, who has infinite times more potential and is a good few years younger

Lee-Young Pyo - awful awful awful. If you think Enrique is bad you haven't seen this guy play. My friend who is a massive Spurs fan almost immediately admits defeat when he's in the team.

Anthony Gardner - As above

Hossam Ghaly - As above. For attitude see Chimbonda, Pascal.

Wayne Routledge - promising teenager but since Spurs move has been on loan to various premier league and championship teams and done precisely FA. He is a winger and we don't need another one of those.

Paul Stalteri - Canadian.

I would try and pick up Chimbonda, Defoe, Lee and Routledge personally. Chimbonda can play centre back or right back, Lee can play left back or left midfield and would offer good cover, Routledge has pace and needs games. I thought he was a good player when spurs signed him but he was never really given the run of games he needs and Defoe is a natural goalscorer if we were to bid rid of Oba.

Comments above

Sadly, aside from Toon matches, Spurs and Arsenal are probably the teams I watch the most, living in London and having lots of mates who support both. It’s one thing taking players from Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester reserves (and even that has very limited success – see Smith, Babayaro, Geremi and even to a lesser extent Duff and early days Butt), but taking players who are rejects from a team below us in the league is unfathomable. None of them would offer anything extra. I can see why people say Defoe but if we’re going to spend £7-10m on a striker there is so much better on offer – Fred & Ashton are both players I’d rather see us spend that sort of money on. Defoe is a one trick pony who is nowhere near as young as people think (will be 26 this year) and will only get worse as he loses his pace a la Owen. I really hope we are slightly more inventive with who we look to buy than just taking chuck outs like this. I know we can’t aim for the very top drawer players but the least I would expect is to go abroad / to the lower leagues and try and pick up a gem rather than punt on average players we know will never be the best.

According to reports Ramos is prepared to allow the following to leave:

Paul Robinson

Pascal Cimbonda

Jermain Defoe

Lee-Young Pyo

Anthony Gardner

Hossam Ghaly

Wayne Routledge

Paul Stalteri

Don't slate me, but I always thought that Lee is not a bad player?!?!? :-/

I know what you mean about looking at rejects but our hands are tied pretty much at the moment. The other option is to look at smaller clubs and get their prized assets, however, I am sure there would be many that would criticise that policy as well. THe two players that we have been heavily linked to Brown and Diarra at least are good young players that the clubs that they play for don't really want to leave, its not as if either is on the transfer list. Defoe would be different he doesn't want to leave but again that could work in our favour, if the guy is pushed out he would be even more determined to prove Spurs wrong!! Well thats my positive spin on things anyway!!

Brown is 28.