The 'SSN sources' thread...

Dave

When they mentioned British I shat myself that it may be McClaren but then they mentioned going through "proper channels" which suggests that they are already employed. The way they mention British suggests possibly Hughes, which I wouldn't be too against but his brand of football is non excatly beautiful is it, also I don't think the fans would have much more patience with him that they have been with Big Sam.

Then I seen Redknapp at 2/1 he gets his team playing to their max potential and plays nice stuff and dabbles well in the transfer market but would he suit a big club?

On the SSN betting list only Mourinho (who I think we got no chance of) really excites me but APPARENTLY foreign has been ruled out!

we would have been better off keeping Sam than appointing Hughes or Harry

completely underwhelmed

Perhaps Hughes or Redknapp will play a more entertaining style of football, but otherwise I'd agree 100%.

Especially with the "Completely underwhelmed" bit. I went from thinking "Hmm, this could be interesting. I wonder if they've got someone fantastic lined up?" to thinking "Ah, FFS, not again."

we cant get a manager that quickly surely

Given how quickly Ashley's purchase of the club went down, I wouldn't be surprised in the least with a quick appointment (with the background work already being done).  Mort and Ashley don't seem to move without a plan in place.

Then I seen Redknapp at 2/1 he gets his team playing to their max potential and plays nice stuff and dabbles well in the transfer market but would he suit a big club?

Just like sam pre newcastle then

"plays nice stuff"

UK manager? Realistic choices being hughes, redknapp or mclaren= severely underwhelmed and none better than what we had. Starting to feel like the circus is back in town, I hope Ashley has more sense and ambition

Thats the one difference Harry teams play good football and are effective but not sure thats enough to get me excited.

Alot of people would be underwhelmed by Harry and would be quick to get on his back if things went wrong, then again I am sure Jose would take stick if we started shite and he doesn't exactly play the beautiful game either.

Redknapp, Hughes, any of that calibre of manager would get less time from the fans than if they'd been appointed in the summer. People will want to see an instant improvement on Allardyce or else what was the point sacking him?

I would like to agree with the many in here that are saying why did we bother getting rid of Allardyce if we are going to replace him with someone just as qualified.

May as well have given him the rest of the season.

(replying to Tisd09)

No, Jose would get time because he's experienced and is PROVEN. Allardyce wasn't proven at this level; Redknapp, Moyes, Hughes and the rest of them aren't proven at the level that we're aspiring to get to, which is why they're all much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.

At least the thing Shearer has going for him is his potential and his reputation. It's not much, but at least with Shearer there's a chance he's going to be fecking awesome. And even though there's an equal chance that he'll be fecking awful, I'd rather as aim high, shoot for the stars, go all in and go for Shearer instead of appointing the aforementioned lot who won't get the necessary time from a big portion of the fans and who, like I've said, aren't experienced at that level. City got it right in the summer by appointing someone who's experienced. We'd get it right as well if we appoint someone like Houllier. But if it HAS to British, it HAS to be Shearer.

Guest LucasUnger

what happens with the all the work they did with bsa for the transfer window?

no signings until new manager is announced? then it takes at least a few days until he knows all the players and the staff.

will we see some new faces in january???

to be fair to shearer. I think he would understand what needs to be done because he has been part of all the shit that has gone on. He would command respect and I think has an idea of how the game should be played. My only issue is that I think the bloke is a legend and dont want that to be ruined

what happens with the all the work they did with bsa for the transfer window?

no signings until new manager is announced? then it takes at least a few days until he knows all the players and the staff.

will we see some new faces in january???

Sven knew what he was doing right away.

Any decent manager will already know which players are good and which ones aren't. You don't have to spend time watching Alan Smith in training to realize that he is shite as a midfielder ;)

Any decent manager will also know the style that he wants to play and will know the players that will help him achieve this. Even BS knew this, which is why he signed players like Faye and Beye, who iirc were targets for him when he was at Bolton (obviously Faye was actually there!).

Maybe the fact that Jose is proven at the highest level would work against him, people would expect instant success and whilst I would expect some improvement from the players wegot but realistically the team is not good enough for a consistent top 6 finish, which is eventually the minimum I would expect us to aim for each season.