The 'SSN sources' thread...

Dave

Steve Coppell deserves it ahead of the likes of Redknapp, Hughes and Moyes.

Coppell seems to have a real football philosophy that works whoever Reading puts out there.

Hopes raised slightly at the forgotten man.

I wouldn't be against it.

Gamble, but yes, good manager.

You must understand that Coppell is doing well in a club with zero expectations.  He did well first year but did you see the stats every statistic basically made them out the third worst time in england besides the 'cross to goals ratio and shots to goals ration' where they were very very high.

a gamble.  i wouldnt trust him here.  had more faith in big sam myself.

redknapp is english otherwise no one.

I am totally fucking uninspired by any of redknapp, hughes, mcfuckingclaren, coppell, venables and the rest. It needs to be a foreigner. I felt gutted today because I genuinely thought sam could turn it round given time and thought we needed stability. But I now feel employing one of the british managers mentioned would be a sideways step and won't transform us like we want. If we employ anyone there we may as well have kept sam because the others would have struggled also I feel.

I also think whoever they employ they need to back him in the transfer window and get him in the next week. Otherwise this transfer window will pass us right by like so many other times. We have now prob lost out on diarra, brown and anyone else we were in for and need a manager in soon. Hopefully mort and ashley understand this and make the right decision. This decision will show us if we are any better off without shepherd really

You must understand that Coppell is doing well in a club with zero expectations.  He did well first year but did you see the stats every statistic basically made them out the third worst time in england besides the 'cross to goals ratio and shots to goals ration' where they were very very high.

a gamble.  i wouldnt trust him here.  had more faith in big sam myself.

redknapp is english otherwise no one.

That first sentence, I've heard it somewhere before...

Im not sure i  buy this "it wont be foreign" it doesnt sit right with me, i might be being overly optimistic or just grasping at straws but it doesnt sit right that something which will only just of been discussed at board level will already have been leaked to the press so soon.  

Im praying that the board hasnt made this decision and ruled out a massive pool of talent on the basis of nationality. That would be so short sighted and wouldnt fit right with anything that mort has been sayin over the past 6 months.

With the criteria bandied around the press so far i can only think of Hughes who would fit in or Mclaren. Venables seems too far off the radar to be an option.

Coleman??

Guest BooBoo

When i heard the news my immediate thought was that it had happened as there was a top quality replacement waiting in the wings.

If we are honestly going for Redknapp or Hughes the SJP crowd will be underwhelmed to say the least.

As for Coppell, forget it. He has big problems with stress, remember his spell at Man City?

Has there ever been an example of a club's 'sources' giving out completely incorrect information as a smoke screen on things like this?

Well the club could have an incentive to misdirect, but so too do news outlets that are affiliated to betting companies.

Betting suspended on Redknapp at some bookies

we cant get a manager that quickly surely

Betting suspensions normally just means a lot of money is going on someone. Whether it's good money or not doesn't matter much.

Well I would hope they would make money available being shrewd as they must be by being business men they must know the implications of sacking sam and not backing a new man. They must already know who they want else why sack now and not last week or week before or after the replay ?

The bright side of this whole sacking debacle is that the new manager whoever it will be, will atleast be backed in the transfermarket. Team Mort and Cashley wouldnt sack Big Sam and bring a new manager in without giving him (her?) a massive (here's hoping) budget. Thoughts?

Steve McClaren with 100m...

Well I would hope they would make money available being shrewd as they must be by being business men they must know the implications of sacking sam and not backing a new man. They must already know who they want else why sack now and not last week or week before or after the replay ?

Could Anal Olivers story actually be true, then? Maybe Mort DID loose his socks? :D

The bright side of this whole sacking debacle is that the new manager whoever it will be, will atleast be backed in the transfermarket. Team Mort and Cashley wouldnt sack Big Sam and bring a new manager in without giving him (her?) a massive (here's hoping) budget. Thoughts?

Steve McClaren with 100m...

steve McClaren with 1000million wouldn't excite me