The 'SSN sources' thread...

Dave

I'd also like to add that Ashley is mates with that Spurs big nob. He maybe influenced by the fact that he has just seen his mate pluck a foreign coach out of europe and gain instant sucess.

Why would he choose Redknapp or Hughes if he's seen the benifit of a foreign manager.

Good point.

I'd also like to add that Ashley is mates with that Spurs big nob. He maybe influenced by the fact that he has just seen his mate pluck a foreign coach out of europe and gain instant sucess.

Why would he choose Redknapp or Hughes if he's seen the benifit of a foreign manager.

Because the Spurs guy wanted Redknapp instead of Ramos.

Did Redknapp not say this morning that he has already turned down a bigger job than Newcastle this season. Im assuming he is talking about Spurs then? If he thinks the Spurs job is bigger than Newcastle then he shouldn't really be considered anyway.

I think people are getting away from the point here aren't they. Do people not find it very strange about Sams departure. What reasons other than the fact we have a manager lined up could there be for Allardyce going. Surely Mort didn't just finish his dinner and decide " hmm i think i want a change". There must be circumstances thar led to him leaving (being ejected) and i hate to say it but Oliver's theory seems to be the most likely.

I don't think for a second that any of the managers mentioned (hughes, redknapp etc) will get the job. I believe it will be an experianced, foreign coach such as Houllier, Jol, Klinsmann or even better Lippi or Mourinho. Just because i get the feeling that is the standard Ashley will set, as apposed to Mort.

Just my feeling.

Totally right mate. We can waste hundreds of pages here speculating and wishing, but the decision is already made.

seen his mate pluck a foreign coach out of europe and gain instant sucess.

Wait, what?

Referring to Ramos and his impact at Spurs. It's no surprise they are looking the part under Ramos. Ashley will have taken note.

Wait, what?

Referring to Ramos and his impact at Spurs. It's no surprise they are looking the part under Ramos. Ashley will have taken note.

Aye, but the word is that Redknapp was offered the job prior to that. Harry himself said he recently turned out what he considered a "massive job" in the Premiership. Who else could that be? Chelsea?

Wait, what?

Yeah, I was well aware that you were referring to Ramos' arrival at Spurs, I just fail to see how he's been an 'instant success'. He's done a good job since taking over there, as long as you disregard the small matter of the organistion of defence at set pieces.

Where has it been said that nationality wont be an issue? SSN have implies that we're actually looking for a Brit manager who's already in a job. Why?

The first thing they said last night was that club sources stated that we're after an experienced British manager and we'd be going through the proper channels, that then changed to "Sky Sports News Understands" and then a few hours later it changed altogether to say that NUFC sources were now saying that "nationaility did not come into it."

The safe money is still on Redknapp, Hughes or Shearer - but the majority of fans want foreign, and as has been stated, most want Mourinho.

Wait, what?

Yeah, I was well aware that you were referring to Ramos' arrival at Spurs, I just fail to see how he's been an 'instant success'. He's done a good job since taking over there, as long as you disregard the small matter of the organistion of defence at set pieces.

Footballs all about opinion. In my opinion (as much as i hate to say it) i think Spurs are looking a class act under Ramos and will only improve. If you disagree, thats fair enough but i think it will have influenced Ashley.

On the subject, Kemsley has almost confirmed that Ashley will have someone lined up.

Does anyone believe that Ashley/Mort have not made a move on a manager, so little as an enquiry?

This would in my mind rule any possibility of it being Redknapp because he says he hasn't had any contact. Hughes is a possibility but i can't see it.

Where has it been said that nationality wont be an issue? SSN have implies that we're actually looking for a Brit manager who's already in a job. Why?

The first thing they said last night was that club sources stated that we're after an experienced British manager and we'd be going through the proper channels, that then changed to "Sky Sports News Understands" and then a few hours later it changed altogether to say that NUFC sources were now saying that "nationaility did not come into it."

The safe money is still on Redknapp, Hughes or Shearer - but the majority of fans want foreign, and as has been stated, most want Mourinho.

But just recently SSNhave just said that (in response to a fans email for Jose) we are looking for a British manager who's already employed, ruling out Jose.

Man, im so confused and excited, its this decision which shapes the future of this club for the coming years, it'd be mad of them to rule out anyone. Harry would be so uninspiring but if he produced good football onthe pitch then i could quite easily support him.

Kelmsey wanted Harry, i imagine Ashley will rate him the same. Harry said he turned down what he considers a big job (Spurs), i think he'll of turned them down becuase of Comolli. We wont have that problem.

It'd would be nice to see the board actively seeking bigger options though, even if they didnt get them.

But just recently SSNhave just said that (in response to a fans email for Jose) we are looking for a British manager who's already employed, ruling out Jose.

Man, im so confused and excited, its this decision which shapes the future of this club for the coming years, it'd be mad of them to rule out anyone. Harry would be so uninspiring but if he produced good football onthe pitch then i could quite easily support him.

Kelmsey wanted Harry, i imagine Ashley will rate him the same. Harry said he turned down what he considers a big job (Spurs), i think he'll of turned them down becuase of Comolli. We wont have that problem.

It'd would be nice to see the board actively seeking bigger options though, even if they didnt get them.

Find it hard to get excited, been here so many times before and ended up with second or third rate managers.

Me neither. If you had asked me before he'd been sacked whcich few managers will be linked with the job strongest i would have said Redknapp, Hughes and Pearce. TBH Noone knows anything, it's pure speculation.

KENWRIGHT RUBBISHES MOYES-TOON LINK

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright says there is "no truth whatsoever" in rumours David Moyes is being lined up as Newcastle's next manager.

Kenwright said he had spoken to Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, who assured him they were not chasing Moyes.

"Mike came on the phone and I said: 'Listen, do you know there's rumours sweeping round Newcastle and Liverpool that you are after David?'," Kenwright told Sky Sports News.

"He said: 'Even if David was the greatest manager in the world - and I know you think he is - there's no way on God's Earth we would ever, ever do that kind of thing to Everton'.

"There is no truth in it whatsoever."

Kenwright added that he understood the pressure chairmen are under, but believes that managers do need an amount of time at a club in order to make changes.

"At the end of the day it's all about loyalty," said Kenwright, adding: "David Moyes is the man that we are privileged to call our manager."

www.sportinglife.com

SHOCKED MARTINS BACKS BIG AL

Obafemi Martins is eager for the Newcastle board to bring Alan Shearer back to the club.

The Nigerian striker spoke of his surprise at the sudden departure of Sam Allardyce but suggests Shearer could be the man to take the club forward.

Speaking to Setanta Sports, Martins said: "I'm surprised that Sam has left the club.

"Alan Shearer knows the club perfectly.

"I believe he could be a good coach for Newcastle, but that decision is up to the board and as players there is little we can influence."

While Shearer was inevitably the first name on many peoples' lips, he has since attempted to distance himself from the postition.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3036892,00.html

Maybe Martins means he wants Shearer back as attacking coach to teach him how to get a shot on sodding target

Guest Guinness

Redknapp has not been approached meaning that he's probably not the man we're after. Surely Ashley and co. would have already approached their number 1 choice?

Redknapp has just ruled himself out AGAIN on SSN, but I bet they keep mentioning him.

I still think it'll have to be a big appointment if they want to please everyone with their first big decision.

he didnt rule himself out, just said he's had no contact so has nothing to say.

SHOCKED MARTINS BACKS BIG AL

Obafemi Martins is eager for the Newcastle board to bring Alan Shearer back to the club.

The Nigerian striker spoke of his surprise at the sudden departure of Sam Allardyce but suggests Shearer could be the man to take the club forward.

Speaking to Setanta Sports, Martins said: "I'm surprised that Sam has left the club.

"Alan Shearer knows the club perfectly.

"I believe he could be a good coach for Newcastle, but that decision is up to the board and as players there is little we can influence."

While Shearer was inevitably the first name on many peoples' lips, he has since attempted to distance himself from the postition.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3036892,00.html

Maybe Martins means he wants Shearer back as attacking coach to teach him how to get a shot on sodding target

Putting words in his mouth tbh. I bet the question was: "Do you think Alan Shearer would be a good coach for Newcastle?". Martins wouldn't say "BRRRAAAAAAAAP, NO".

Guest Geordie_krispy

SSN blatantly made up this british only thing, or someone mis-understood or something, i've not seen one quote to back it up

"not looking abroad"

So he could be foreign, just living in the uk :)

Temuri Ketsbaia - knowledge of the English game, management experience abroad and in European competition.

O0

Hehe i was thinking of him earlier aswell, imagine how crazy he could go on the sidelines, would probably end up body slamming Mort one day though.

KENWRIGHT RUBBISHES MOYES-TOON LINK

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright says there is "no truth whatsoever" in rumours David Moyes is being lined up as Newcastle's next manager.

Kenwright said he had spoken to Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, who assured him they were not chasing Moyes.

"Mike came on the phone and I said: 'Listen, do you know there's rumours sweeping round Newcastle and Liverpool that you are after David?'," Kenwright told Sky Sports News.

"He said: 'Even if David was the greatest manager in the world - and I know you think he is - there's no way on God's Earth we would ever, ever do that kind of thing to Everton'.

"There is no truth in it whatsoever."

Kenwright added that he understood the pressure chairmen are under, but believes that managers do need an amount of time at a club in order to make changes.

"At the end of the day it's all about loyalty," said Kenwright, adding: "David Moyes is the man that we are privileged to call our manager."

www.sportinglife.com

Trying to imagine what Ashley and Kenwright would have to talk about...

Nah, mind's blank.