Mark Hughes

James

Guest elbee909

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have Blackburn ever done for us?

Not really thought about it but its clear Hughes is interested and basically the job is his for the taking unless he has an Redkanpp style epithany. Morts said they've spoken to other candidates and if hughes hasnt been contacted already then why would he not just rule himself out the job knowing that we wouldnt be intersted.

Am gonna pray that he does have a Redknapp moment because that will force Morts hand to go foreign, i cant see Hughes inspiring the fans to behonest it has disaster written all over this one. After Hughes there surely cant be anyone in Britain bar Shearer and Keegan.

He's got a cheek!

Souness would love Newcastle return - without Shepherd

Former Newcastle boss Graeme Souness admits he would return to St James' Park "in a heartbeat" now that Freddy Shepherd has left the club.

Harry Redknapp on Saturday turned down the role following Sam Allardyce's exit - and Newcastle have been told by Portsmouth they will be wasting their time making any more bids for the 60-year-old.

But Souness, who endured a difficult spell from 2004-06 as Magpies boss under Freddy Shepherd, admitted he would be happy to return to Tyneside under new owner Mike Ashley and chairman Chris Mort.

Asked on Sky Sports 1 if he would be interested in going back, Souness said: "With [there now being] a different chairman, most certainly."

When pressed on whether he would take the job if it was offered to him, he added: "In a heartbeat. It is a big club, one of the big clubs out there.

"It has got the potential to be one of the best. But it's not a quick fix, and whoever goes in there is going to need certainly a minimum of three or four years."

undecided on this, part of me says give him a chance, he's done well so far, part of me says i dont want to see us just kicking people while he gets the basics right, oh and he's possibly the most boring man in football, and there's some stiff competition

To be blunt, Hughes could actually be just what we need at this point in time. Someone who can get performances from difficult players, like McCarthy, Savage etc could be just the ticket right now. He's also proven his mettle in signing some class players in recent windows, and has a track record of rectifying the mistakes made by Souness. So he could be just what we need. Not a glamour signing like Jose would be, but a good, solid, strong leader with the right temperament to weather some stormy times.

He's got a cheek!

Former Newcastle boss Graeme Souness admits he would return to St James' Park "in a heartbeat" now that Freddy Shepherd has left the club.

Harry Redknapp on Saturday turned down the role following Sam Allardyce's exit - and Newcastle have been told by Portsmouth they will be wasting their time making any more bids for the 60-year-old.

But Souness, who endured a difficult spell from 2004-06 as Magpies boss under Freddy Shepherd, admitted he would be happy to return to Tyneside under new owner Mike Ashley and chairman Chris Mort.

Asked on Sky Sports 1 if he would be interested in going back, Souness said: "With [there now being] a different chairman, most certainly."

When pressed on whether he would take the job if it was offered to him, he added: "In a heartbeat. It is a big club, one of the big clubs out there.

"It has got the potential to be one of the best. But it's not a quick fix, and whoever goes in there is going to need certainly a minimum of three or four years."

Yeah I reckon Souness could do a job for us again, why the fuck not.

To be blunt, Hughes could actually be just what we need at this point in time. Someone who can get performances from difficult players, like McCarthy, Savage etc could be just the ticket right now. He's also proven his mettle in signing some class players in recent windows, and has a track record of rectifying the mistakes made by Souness. So he could be just what we need. Not a glamour signing like Jose would be, but a good, solid, strong leader with the right temperament to weather some stormy times.

Would he fit in line with Ashleys attacking football criteria?

I just think the most important thing about this appointment is how it inspires the fans, it has to be one where the fans will be 100% behind him from the start, i just dont see Hughes being able to get all the fans on his side. Which would be the single biggest problem. He'd be a dead man walking if you ask me.  

He's got a cheek!

Yeah I reckon Souness could do a job for us again, why the f*** not.

I won't bite. If it ever happened.....well I can't imagine what would happen but it certainly wouldn't be good.

Nobody's going to fit that particular bill. You can't please all the people all the time, etc. But in this case, we're talking about the need to win over the fans, them clearly NO, Mark Hughes isn't the right man for us.

I just see him as a steady pair of hands.

Nobody's going to fit that particular bill. You can't please all the people all the time, etc. But in this case, we're talking about the need to win over the fans, them clearly NO, Mark Hughes isn't the right man for us.

I just see him as a steady pair of hands.

Absolutely no doubt, i agree that he would be a safe pair of hands, but i think there are other managers out there who would inspire us more, the obvious ones, whether we'd be able to them is a different matter. Failing that it'll be Shearer and Keegan.... :undecided:

I just think that this club wont get itself out the doldrums until there is someone (skillful or less  skillful) who will inspire fans. Thats why people are ok with Shearer being considered espite having no experience as well as Keegan, but not someone like Redkanpp or Strachan etc....

This guy is earmarked for the Man United job-short term appointment -not for us please.

You think Manu are going to hand over the club to a manager who's won nothing or managed a continental club?

That's the equivalent of us handing Shearer the job, only Manu arn't so desperate last time i looked.

This guy is earmarked for the Man United job-short term appointment -not for us please.

Him or Keane. Thinkit'll be foreign though. they sounded out candidates like Hitzfeld and Capello when Fergie was retiring, cant see much changing now these kids are on the blocks, after all , neither of them will ever ever prove anything in the EPL.

Wait and see.Who else connected to Old Trafford is better qualified.

Why would they want a connection?

They don't have too, they could potentially snap up any manager they want.

Mourinho or Hughes?

No contest.

He'll be the next one asked, surely, whether he'll say "yes" or not is another matter.

I have a feeling he will.

Not sure about it, tbh. Wouldn't mind having a dirty/physical team who play attacking football mind.

Wait and see.Who else connected to Old Trafford is better qualified.

Why would they want a connection?

They don't have too, they could potentially snap up any manager they want.

Mourinho or Hughes?

No contest.

They spent 30 years finding the right one so surely they'll appoint somebody who 's experienced the MUFC ethos.I think Hughes is stick on next Man U manager.Internatinal and Euro experience to boot.