The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think it's pretty clear that he'll be backed, I personally see this as the most sensible thing to do in these circumstance, unlike Allardyce he needs to be able to implement his style on the club and the best way to do this would be to sign the players he wants. It would be extremely difficult for him to try and enforce his style on players which arent his signings and so arent moulded to hs fashoin.

From what i read, Allardyce was unwilling to change his style and with this transfer window in full flow was looking for signings which would reinforce his style which isnt the route that Ashley and Co wanted to go.

If Redknapp comes in and is backed when it is imperative for him to be backed then i will be fully behind his appointment.

I think it's pretty clear that he'll be backed, I personally see this as the most sensible thing to do in these circumstance, unlike Allardyce he needs to be able to implement his style on the club and the best way to do this would be to sign the players he wants. It would be extremely difficult for him to try and enforce his style on players which arent his signings and so arent moulded to hs fashoin.

From what i read, Allardyce was unwilling to change his style and with this transfer window in full flow was looking for signings which would reinforce his style which isnt the route that Ashley and Co wanted to go.

If Redknapp comes in and is backed when it is imperative for him to be backed then i will be fully behind his appointment.

u-turn of the decade

Guest Geordie Racer

Redknapp is a mercenary who has never won anything. Not the kind of appointment to rejuvenate the club and inspire the fans and players. Here we go again....

u-turn of the decade

Thought you'd say that, but the subtlty to waht im saying is that it wouldnt be practical and sensible to to leave Redknapp in this window with no finanace to make his own signings and work with them. I still dont think that Allardyce should of got too much backing because he didnt get anyhting out of anyof his signings from the summer.

Redknapp or any other manager need to be able to manage a squad which they can call there own the only way to do this is to have there own signings at the club.

So not quite a u-turn, just a sensible analysis of the current situation.

u-turn of the decade

Thought you'd say that, but the subtlty to waht im saying is that it wouldnt be practical and sensible to to leave Redknapp in this window with no finanace to make his own signings and work with them. I still dont think that Allardyce should of got too much backing because he didnt get anyhting out of anyof his signings from the summer.

Redknapp or any other manager need to be able to manage a squad which they can call there own the only way to do this is to have there own signings at the club.

thought you'd try and deny it.

The sensible thing was always to attempt to get into europe. It's a huge u-turn mate, pure and simple.  :coolsmiley:

As this looks like only becoming a: "it is a u-turn" .vs. "no it isn't" battle, with nowt interesting about it, how about the pair of you just leave it and let people make up their own minds?

To add to that: it is a bit of a u-turn, from what I've seen, but there is no law about people changing their opinions once more evidence comes to light, etc. It's gray again, as usual, not black or white. But like I've said already, like many I tend to refrain from reading quote pyramids, so I could be wrong.

There are more important things afoot than vendettas though, fortunately.

As this looks like only becoming a: "it is a u-turn" .vs. "no it isn't" battle, with nowt interesting about it, how about the pair of you just leave it and let people make up their own minds?

He's behind you!

SSN says no-one knows where Harry is, speculate he might be sitting at home laughing at them having people looking for him all over the country.

EDIT: They don't think he's in Newcastle, more likely still down south.

u-turn of the decade

The sensible thing was always to attempt to get into europe. It's a huge u-turn mate, pure and simple.  :coolsmiley:

If you dont understand what a u turn is mate then thats your problem. A u-turn would be me saying Allardyce he needed  to be back this January, i.e contrary what ive said previously.

What im saying is actually different in the sense that a new manager always needs to make new signings, like Allardyce needed to make signings in the summer. The circumstances have changes now.

Saying Redknapp needs backing this Januray is not the same as me saying Allardyce needs backing this January, can you see the difference?

Probably not. mackems.gif

Janitor is right, im not gonna respond to be fair, i just think there are 2 completely different sets of circumstances. I still believe that Allardyce shoudt of been given too much money this Jan which fits in line with my original argumetns but think as this squad isnt Harrys and he wont ave another period to buy his own players till summer he will need backing, Thats all.

Seriously underwhelmed by Rednapp, would rather have had Coppell or Hughes if we had to appoint from the Premiership.

Is this really the height of our ambitions nowadays?  :undecided:

s****.

Fair enough if you're underwhelmed by Redknapp but I can't see what extra Coppell or Hughes bring to the job.  Potentially better in Hughes case but unproven.

Guest neesy111

Someone who claims to be security at Newcastle Airport now says he's there according to SSN texts.  :undecided:

shouldn't he be at work ffs

u-turn of the decade

If you dont understand what a u turn is mate then thats your problem. A u-turn would be me saying Allardyce he needed  to be back this January, i.e contrary what ive said previously.

What im saying is actually different in the sense that a new manager always needs to make new signings, like Allardyce needed to make signings in the summer. The circumstances have changes now.

Saying Redknapp needs backing this Januray is not the same as me saying Allardyce needs backing this January, can you see the difference?

eerrr.........no.

Guest neesy111

so where's this expected approach then as we need to make public we've made one and this doesn't look likely

anyone believing skysports for everything is crazy

so don't believe it will be redknapp

Guest LucaAltieri

Why do people hate Redknap as a person? Because of his bung stuff?

Must say it puts me off. It also put me off Allardyce... difference being Allardyce was never arrested.

I think we need to sign the right characters as well as the people with the right skills.

Was also against signing Barton on the same grounds, and why I feel like vomiting when people suggest signing Chimbonda.

Must say it puts me off. It also put me off Allardyce... difference being Allardyce was never arrested.

I think we need to sign the right characters as well as the people with the right skills.

Was also against signing Barton on the same grounds, and why I feel like vomiting when people suggest signing Chimbonda.

I never realised this Redknapp bung thing was in stone, i missed the Panorama thing so dont really know the extent of it all. To be honest asmuch as i dont want baggage at the club i can handle someone like Redknapp, Allardyces involvement in the bung thing didnt seem to affect me too much.

As for Barton, i was comletely against him as well, i just couldnt see the sense of gettin rid of Bellamy, Dyer, Bowyer et al then replacing them with possibly THE big troublemaker in the Prem.

Posted by Happy Face on Toontastic, not sure if he's posted the same thing on here.

This is the way to go now, and I hope it happens for the sake of the club.

Even if they sit down and can't agree terms, what do people expect to happen then?

"Oh well, let's see if Mourinho fancies it"?

Bollocks, the options will get worse and worse and it'll be an embarrassing hunt, the previous one of which ended with Souness, this one I guess ending with Mclaren.

An absoloute embarrassment if it happened.

Harry Redknapp's black and white army!

:thup:

That, what he did with the Southampton/Pompey situation and his willingness to comment on all things that don't involve him via the press.

His son/nephew don't help matters either.

Will still support him 100% though if he is the new manager regardless of this.