The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Didier Deschamps I tell thee!!! and I don't like being ignored.

He is coming to Newcastle.

They like the fact he played in the prem and he speaks English. He likes the fact that he will have the freedom to bring in who he wants.

So whose celebrating with me?

Not sure how I'd feel about this, what kind of experience does he have of top flight football? I'm aware that he brought Juventus back into Serie A but he left to be replaced by Ranieri didn't he?

Taking Monaco to a champions league final not "top flight" enough for you?

They like the fact he played in the prem and he speaks English. He likes the fact that he will have the freedom to bring in who he wants.

Not sure how I'd feel about this, what kind of experience does he have of top flight football? I'm aware that he brought Juventus back into Serie A but he left to be replaced by Ranieri didn't he?

Taking Monaco to a champions league final not "top flight" enough for you?

Many thanks, I wasn't quite sure of his CV.  :blush:

Guest nufcfan76

Another stat to chew on for all the 'Arry fans:

Pompey have failed to score at home since, wait...

September.

Cue rolling sage bush.

If this idiot is coming then MA is having a mighty big laugh.

Guest LucaAltieri

To be fair, my nan could have taken Juve back into Serie A.

Good point, particularly with the squad they had at the time!

Would she be interested inthe toon job?

Guest DONTOONER

By all means Harry is a decent manager but BS was suppose to be just as quality as him. However what i couldnt understand is the need for spending a fortune on another manager that couldnt bring us into the top 4. Being a billion air like Mike, i surely expected more of a gamble from him. He should have the ability to calculate the probability of how much success a manager can bring. I would be greatly disappointed with his decision if its Harry, it was probably down to him having differences with BS that has lead to this appointment.

Man city and recently Spurs seemed to be headed the right way....with the right people at the helm. Without a doubt they have proved now that they can give the traditional top 4 teams challenge in a one off match. And it aint surprising that they are not the english coaches that might have already been in the scene for the last ten years.

Ultimately if BS is 7 out of 10

Harry is probably 7.2 on short durations or probably a 6.8 on a long haul.

Guest LucaAltieri

Probably not. She's holding out for the Liverpool job at the end of the season.

Probably not. She's holding out for the Liverpool job at the end of the season.

Smart move

By all means Harry is a decent manager but BS was suppose to be just as quality as him. However what i couldnt understand is the need for spending a fortune on another manager that couldnt bring us into the top 4. Being a billion air like Mike, i surely expected more of a gamble from him. He should have the ability to calculate the probability of how much success a manager can bring. I would be greatly disappointed with his decision if its Harry, it was probably down to him having differences with BS that has lead to this appointment.

Man city and recently Spurs seemed to be headed the right way....with the right people at the helm. Without a doubt they have proved now that they can give the traditional top 4 teams challenge in a one off match. And it aint surprising that they are not the english coaches that might have already been in the scene for the last ten years.

Ultimately if BS is 7 out of 10

Harry is probably 7.2 on short durations or probably a 6.8 on a long haul.

Good point, the teams around us such as Villa, City, and Spurs have shown some real improvement since last season (albeit Spurs only recently, and after a very good managerial coup). The bar has been raised. If we want to keep up with these teams then I think we need to show similar ambition in this next appointment.

BTW, Mandaric on the BBC website has tipped Harry to take the job

Guest bluegeordie

anyone seen coach carter? great film. thats who we need as manager

f*** that.  Mr Miyagi

Chuck Norris is your man.

They say god wanted 10 days to build the world, Chuck gave him 7.

An ambit claim, obviously. Any money says Chuck would've settled for 8.5 :coolsmiley:

Guest nufcfan76

If MA was actually in the UK he might stop, look and listen to what the fans want- he'd be killed for bringing this idiot in. Of all the people, why 'Arry????  :idiot2:

Pay Chelski the pocket change and get in JM. And in all fairness, they just might be working out the details ("Proper Channels"). But this waiting for credible news from the club is killing us all.

Guest neesy111

Any updates i havent seen any news for a few hours??

whats this about dechamps?

no news is good news and tht is what is happening

i think if the club wanted him, today was the best chance to get him and thankfully it looks like they are looking else where