The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He spent 30m in the summer and they're only a few points ahead of us.

That's me won over.

Barring the £6m on Nugent, the rest has been very well spent. (£7m Muntari, £7m Utaka, £2m Diop, £3m Johnson, Distin Free...) He only spent £3m more than Allardyce, and before we get the "ooh, but the net spend blah blah", he didn't have big saleable assets to sell in the first place in the way we could get in £12m from Parker & Dyer.

That's me won over.

Yet you loved Allardyce after the shite he served up?

I didn't want Allardyce to be sacked, but it's clear enough to me that what we need is investment in the playing staff. I believe Redknapp to be a similar quality manager to Fat Sam, but if he's going to be given more cash, because Ashley feels he can trust him with it more, then he'll almost certainly have more success with the club.

Ok if its, Redkanpp im fully behind him, i actually think that he could have a Keegan-esque effect on us, i think that after seeing some truly horrendous football the past 6 months, that seeing a team play with passion and attacking flair could really lift the crowd and help us get behind the team once again. He might not be the most inspiring candidate but if he does his job and gets us playing football again then i truly think we could see the 12th singin proud again.

When Roeder took over  the same thing happened we played good football and were hugely relieved that the dire was gone, it even made us think that Roeder could of been a suitable candidate. The only difference is that Redknapp is proven to be pretty consistent whereas we deep down knew Roeder was dogshit all along.

Guest Knightrider

That's me won over.

I didn't want Allardyce to be sacked, but it's clear enough to me that what we need is investment in the playing staff. I believe Redknapp to be a similar quality manager to Fat Sam, but if he's going to be given more cash, because Ashley feels he can trust him with it more, then he'll almost certainly have more success with the club.

I think he's a worse manager.

Again all of this is FS logic, that's what worries me. On the pitch I can live with, off the pitch though we're getting back to our bad ways. Ashley has proven to me he's clueless and that has huge ramifications beyond mere football.

Man ... I feel almost embarrassed to say it now but I think Harry would be really good. I expected some people to be dissapointed but this is a shocking reaction. I hope if he is appointed that he is at least given some initial support. If we get behind him I honestly think he could be great for the club.

I'm sure people will calm down when he starts signing the likes of D'Alessandro and Farfan. My God I would be so happy.

Think about it the guy is coming here with orders from the owner to make us an entertaining side!He already enjoys playing good football with quality players, what the hell would he be like with a ton of money and the objective of making us a quality attacking outfit! It could be immense in my opinion.

Please give him a chance.

That's me won over.

Again all of this is FS logic, that's what worries me. On the pitch I can live with, off the pitch though we're getting back to our bad ways. Ashley has proven to me he's clueless and that has huge ramifications beyond mere football.

He's proven to you that he's clueless based on a departure of a former manager for whom you/we know few details about and the rumoured appointment of another?

That's me won over.

Barring the £6m on Nugent, the rest has been very well spent. (£7m Muntari, £7m Utaka, £2m Diop, £3m Johnson, Distin Free...) He only spent £3m more than Allardyce, and before we get the "ooh, but the net spend blah blah", he didn't have big saleable assets to sell in the first place in the way we could get in £12m from Parker & Dyer.

and at least redknapp cottoned on to the fact that nugent was shite very early on, allardyce meanwhile thinks smith is captain material after half a season of shite. i'm far happier with redknapp getting a warchest than i would be about allardyce getting the same.

In what way has he proven he's clueless? In my opinion if (and it's a big if) he wants to spend vast sums of his own (not the clubs) money then he has the right to bring in the man he trusts most with that money. Redknapp also seems to be able to spend money better than Allardyce on evidence shown so far. It's not like bringing Souness in to spend the clubs money.

That's me won over.

He was proven to you only a few month ago he was the best thing to happen to the club for ages.

Chill out, its a like for like in terms of talent, only the financial backing and football style is different.

We all had great plans for Allardyce, unfortunately one man didn't and he owns the club and its up to him if he wants to see some decent football instead of being bored to death for £250m.

Man ... I feel almost embarrassed to say it now but I think Harry would be really good. I expected some people to be dissapointed but this is a shocking reaction. I hope if he is appointed that he is at least given some initial support. If we get behind him I honestly think he could be great for the club.

I'm sure people will calm down when he starts signing the likes of D'Alessandro and Farfan. My God I would be so happy.

Think about it the guy is coming here with orders from the owner to make us an entertaining side!He already enjoys playing good football with quality players, what the hell would he be like with a ton of money and the objective of making us a quality attacking outfit! It could be immense in my opinion.

Please give him a chance.

Good post.

Guest Guinness

As has been pointed out Harry Redknapp being backed heavily would be better for us than Sam having little money. Still I can't help feel disappointed by the whole scenario and the way Sam was disposed of. If Redknapp is the man Ashley wants then we can only hope his backing and Harry's expertise in the transfer market pay off for us.

That's me won over.

and at least redknapp cottoned on to the fact that nugent was shite very early on, allardyce meanwhile thinks smith is captain material after half a season of shite. i'm far happier with redknapp getting a warchest than i would be about allardyce getting the same.

Exactly. It isn't an inspiring appointment, but if we're going to spend some money we'll be better off with someone who looks as though they can do it a bit better.

That's me won over.

and at least redknapp cottoned on to the fact that nugent was s**** very early on, allardyce meanwhile thinks smith is captain material after half a season of s****. i'm far happier with redknapp getting a warchest than i would be about allardyce getting the same.

Exactly.

And whoever said D'Alessandro before, could see that happening now.

That's me won over.

Nice to see you warming to the idea, Johnny. O0

That's me won over.

Nice to see you warming to the idea, Johnny. O0

What do you think Baggio about the whole thing?