The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Reckons Redknapp is the source

Ashley has offered private jet as commute

Redknapp has already accepted

In tomorrows papers

I am sure Mourniho would not say Newcastle who but we have to convince him he will give him enogh funds to sign quality players the club says we will go through proper channals to get his his approval and they seems working behind the scene to do this.

As for HTT we are averge right now but the potential of this club is unprecendt if we win things chapionships it will be  the biggest club in the country easily.

Guest markthompson11

I have this from two separate sources, one a mutual friend of Harry's and one a journo. It is Harry, and he will be commuting in MA's jet.

I said last night that, to me, Redknapp seems one of the most ludicrous suggestions possible. He'd have to be going senile to walk away from Pompey and take this job.

:lol:

You're taking it out of context.

I said last night that, to me, Redknapp seems one of the most ludicrous suggestions possible. He'd have to be going senile to walk away from Pompey and take this job.

:lol:

You're taking it out of context.

You said it's a ludicrous suggestion yourself, so why would you say it's him?

Guest markthompson11

The mutual friend tipped me off late last night, it was posted on the forum I mainly use. As I only lurk here I would not post anything I was unsure of, 15 minutes ago a corroborating story was obtained from the journo. I called my friend to reconfirm and he maintains that it is Harry.

I guess we will see, but I've just thrown money on Harry.

If Ashley and Mort appoint someone like Mclaren,Hughes or Redknapp they will be as stupid and incompetent as the previous board.

I just hope that they(Ashley and Mort) have realised that we need someone experienced who has won trophies in his career many many times and not just saved clubs from relegation

We need this:

Lippi

Mourihno

Del Bosque

Kuper

Van Gaal(not my favourite but...)

Scolari(after the summer)

Hitzfeld(after the summer)

I don't disagree, though Mourinho would have to be after the summer as well due the Chelsea departure clauses.

But as it's already been said the new man hopefully will be British, you can cross them all off the list! 

I've had £100 at 12/1 on Redknapp simply because the links between Redknapp and Ashley's best mate.  This is what I said a couple of months ago:

Generally speaking, I'd agree with you.  Redknapp has had his house outside Bournemouth since he first managed them and has refused to move even when he was managing West Ham.  But I know that Ashley and Kemsley have owned racehorses and that Kemsley and Redknapp have.  I was told yesterday that a couple were owned jointly by all three.  If that is right (and I've no reason to doubt it) that would put Ashley very close to Redknapp.  He'd never sell the Bournemouth place but whether he would move up to Tyneside is a bit more debateable.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=47106.msg1086582#msg1086582  (page 5)

Redknapp wouldn't be a bad choice for Newcastle, maybe just a bid short-termist.  I hope he gets it tbh.  He won't get me to Mauritius like Roeder but I could still get a decent break out of it! :lol:

Please let it be true!! :celb: :celb: :celb: