Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

The way I see it is that Mort and Ashley wanted to appoint Redknapp. They sacked Allardyce and we were 'informed' from Kemsley that Ashley had something up his sleave "I know Mike well enough to know he doesn't make decisions rashly. He will know where he's going, he will stick to his plans and deliver what he believes will please the Newcastle fans. If you give him time, he will deliver exactly what the Newcastle fans want. I'm sure he's got a plan." Seems that it has backfired and we will get left with second best, similar to England and look at the clown that got appointed. Why should business men with no experience of football decide who is best to manage a football club, why not consult people with a football background like SBR about the managers position?

They haven't got a f****** clue like.

Can't put into words how annoying these sort of statements are. Exactly what do you know about whats actually going and not what you've read on here, in the papers and from 'ITKs'?

Wait till you know the full story.

They sacked Allardyce for one thing, and they had no one lined up at this crucial stage of the season. I couldn't give a s*** what the ITKs and SSN has said, i've slagged SSN off aplenty since Wednesday. But the above reasons qualify my statement imo. Apologies for annoying you so.

Crucial stage of the season?

How do you figure?

We're short on numbers, have money to spend, and it's the transfer window. It's halfway through the season and we're 7 points away from the bottom three, 8 points away from the top eight, and it's a make or break stage imo. Obviously we could, and probably will, just end up in mid-table but i can sympathise with those who questioned the timing of all these events.

Can't put into words how annoying these sort of statements are. Exactly what do you know about whats actually going and not what you've read on here, in the papers and from 'ITKs'?

They sacked Allardyce for one thing, and they had no one lined up at this crucial stage of the season. I couldn't give a s*** what the ITKs and SSN has said, i've slagged SSN off aplenty since Wednesday. But the above reasons qualify my statement imo. Apologies for annoying you so.

How do you figure?

We're short on numbers, have money to spend, and it's the transfer window. It's halfway through the season and we're 7 points away from the bottom three, 8 points away from the top eight, and it's a make or break stage imo. Obviously we could, and probably will, just end up in mid-table but i can sympathise with those who questioned the timing of all these events.

I dunno, I just see us finishing mid-table regardless tbh. Our fixture list is an absolute bastard from here on in so Top 6 is definitely out, relegation is much more likely and I really can't see us playing any worse than we did under Sam tbh so changing managers won't effect us adversely there.

Also worth noting that's it's been three days since Sam left, not like we're floating around in limbo for weeks on end, which would be a concern.

Get the new man in, he can evaluate the players between now and the end of the year and know what needs to be done in the summer.

How do you figure?

Like someone else said, if they were wanting to get rid of him - would you stick with him now, not putting your heart into supporting him both financially and personally, and get a new manager in during the summer... or would you just cut short the inevitable now and give it to someone who you fully support?

Either way, let's face it, this season is a bit of a write-off anyway.

Fair enough, i find that difficult to argue with - maybe i've exaggerated. I'm still concerned by what looks like a distinct lack of planning, lack of nous, whatever you want to call it (the man they wanted and thought they could get has turned them down after all) - but as has been said in another thread - if they make the right appointment eventually i'm willing to put it down to inexperience.

On the whole i'm pissed off that we've sacked a manager i was a big fan of. That's what it comes down to in my case, if i'm being honest.

if they make the right appointment eventually i'm willing to put it down to inexperience.

That's a good point that, end of the day both of them are very new to the football scene in this context, they're going to make mistakes. And given their position any mistake is likely to be significant in terms of the club as a whole. That's just how it is. In my opinion they've done everything else well, and as I've said countless times none of us here know the full story about what has gone on the last few days anyway.

if they make the right appointment eventually i'm willing to put it down to inexperience.

That's a good point that, end of the day both of them are very new to the football scene in this context, they're going to make mistakes. And given their position any mistake is likely to be significant in terms of the club as a whole. That's just how it is. In my opinion they've done everything else well, and as I've said countless times none of us here know the full story about what has gone on the last few days anyway.

They've made one (if its that) mistake, Allardyce made several every week yet people wanted to give him time.

So the board who's first job in football it is gets no time to get it right, but a man with no idea how to manage NUFC should be given at least a season possibly more?

Crazy.

Aye, my real gripes are with:

/ Sacking Allardyce when thinking that they could get their first choice in no probs

/ Sacking Allardyce with that particular replacement in mind

I can understand them wanting their own man in, and i suppose i can understand the timing (Wullie's post in another thread about the FA Cup draw makes a lot of sense), but i still think they've gone about the whole thing a bit blaze/over-confident.

From what we're seeing so far, their inexperience is standing out like a sore thumb and i really throw their footballing knowledge into question, given that Redknapp was their first choice.

Who's to say we won't end up with Mourinho though eh?

I was going to type a proper reply to that post Yorkie, but before I do anything, who said Redknapp was their first choice?

He might just have been the first to respond.

I was hoping that. :lol:

I was going to type a proper reply to that post Yorkie, but before I do anything, who said Redknapp was their first choice?

I was hoping that. :lol:

Someones got to be optimistic Dave ;)

Howay man! Are you telling me we've sent out five different contract offers, or something?

Redknapp was offered the job, offered a contract, and turned it down. He's said so himself.

He wasn't simply "sounded out" about taking over, or asked if he would be interested.

I applaud the optimism, but let's get physical... I mean "real".

Guest 3-1 NYD

Ashley's looking more incompetent by the hour, along with Jolly Hockeysticks Mort.

Who else would let that objectionable c*nt Kemsley do their bidding whilst away on business?

Amateurs!

I just think he probably was, that's just what i think and i'll probably stick to that. The Kelmsley connection, the fact that he's a Southerner (weak claim i know), and i know that they tell you not to listen to the media but jsut about every single respected paper was reporting the same thing.

Howay man! Are you telling me we've sent out five different contract offers, or something?

Redknapp was offered the job, offered a contract, and turned it down. He's said so himself.

He wasn't simply "sounded out" about taking over, or asked if he would be interested.

maybe the redknapp episode was an elaborate charade, a smokescreen to throw the media off the real scent. on monday we'll see mourinho unveiled, i'm sure of that...

End of the day we get someone class in who does the job, none of this will matter.

I'm thinking as long as we don't sound out McClaren, surely the only way is up (Hughes I feel is on a similar level to Allardyce).

End of the day we get someone class in who does the job, none of this will matter.

I'm thinking as long as we don't sound out McClaren, surely the only way is up (Hughes I feel is on a similar level to Allardyce).

...back to square one?

maybe the redknapp episode was an elaborate charade, a smokescreen to throw the media off the real scent. on monday we'll see mourinho unveiled, i'm sure of that...

A pig has just flown past my window, dressed in an expensive-looking grey woolen coat, so anything is possible.

Newcastle United FC Managerial Shopping List.

1.  Redknapp - Excellent so we'll go for him.

2.  Hughes (random name)- Shite but will do as 2nd choice.

3.  Mourinho (random name)- Shite but will do as 3rd choice.

4.  Lippi (random name)- Shite but will do as 4th choice.

I doubt Mort and Ashley will look at it that way.

We have failed to attract a manager who is no better than Allardyce, so what chance do we have of attracting anyone better?

So who do you think the potential candidates they have spoken to are?

Redknapp (obviously)

McClaren

Shearer - apparently would consider the job if approached so might rule him out.

...back to square one?

Pretty much - but the difference between us and Allardyce and us with Hughes or whoever were he to be appointed is that the man would be properly supported in a way that Allardyce wasn't going to be. So, in a roundabout way, if Hughes is on Sam's level, but better supported, then we'd be better off.

Am I making any sense? I don't know if I am.

A pig has just flown past my window, dressed in an expensive-looking grey woolen coat, so anything is possible.

You're meant to be the optimistic one! :lol: