Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

Okay someone has to flip this into a positive!!!!!

Best case scenario is that they have a few top foreign candidates who they have considered but only after trying for a Brit in Redknapp (hopefully he's the only Brit they wanted!).

Worst case scenario is that Jol will always be happy to take the job in my opinion, so if all else fails Jol will always be there, and he wouldn't be a complete disaster.

We'll be alright fellas.

only thing that would make me happy, would me jose... but thats dead in the water because jose would no way be second to 'arry

so only thing that would make me happy now is the keegan and shearer combo

i really thought they had a plan in place, i cant believe they sacked sam without first having a good manager nailed on as a replacement

i still think theres a twist to this, or rather i hope there is

Well, well, well.. Our below par first choice manager has rejected. our offer Doesn't seem like a top class manager was lined up after all. I'm starting to be underwhelmed by the decision making regarding the manager position so far.

I'm not sure if this 'first choice' thing is true.  I agree that the media has represented as such but I can't help but feel this is a bit of misdirection, in a way - and that things have been happening in other areas at the same time.

Not a big 'smokescreen' as such, it's just I'm not sure how a manager can be first choice until he's been sounded out properly, which would apply to other potential candidates too.

Welcome to the bitchin smokers corner in the dinning car.

I'm not celebrating Nappy isn't coming as it has revealed the scenario is actully worse than I suspected.

SA was sacked without a replacement onboard.

The only hope now is that we have 'talked' to 'others'.

It's clueless isn't it?  It looks like this is how it went:

* Ashley on phone to Mort *

"I've had it with that fucking wosname Chris.  I was at the match and I was getting slagged left right and centre, I had to get Big Phil to give 'em a dig to keep 'em quiet.  I want him sacked."

* Spluttering noises on the line *

"But Mike, we're in the middle of the transfer window, we've got no replacement, it'll cost a fortune....."

"Chris, Chris, remember 'He who dares wins' eh, eh, eh?  How difficult can it be?  Lots of good managers around.  Like that old red faced bloke, you know the one, old thingy, mulla'd us at our place."

"Harry Redknapp?"

"Probably.  Anyways, I want him sacked.  Now.  He'd better be gone when I get back.  Gottagochow"

"But Mike, we'll get murdered in the press.  Mike.  Mike?  Hello? Hello?  Oh, shit"

I think they'd be wise to look for an interim manger until the summer now, someone willing to step in and hold the fort until it becomes clearer who may be available and interested. Scrabbling around for a manger in a hurry now is hardly likely to result in the ideal candidate.

Putting yourself in this position by sacking your manager without a replacement ready and waiting in the wings was a major dropped bollock and it wasn't what anyone expected of the new regime.

Let's hope they learn from this and the mistake is never repeated.

f****** gobsmacked that they didnt have a plan tbh.

There plan looks like it was to get Harry Redknapp? have you not been paying attention? that's failed, so we have to see what plan b is.  So far nobody knows who that is as there has not been an approach to another manager yet.

We're going into the transfer window with no manager, no prospect of getting any new players; and the silence from Mort and Ashley is deafening.

Where's the reassurance?

Do Mort or Ashley need to stay much?

We tried for Harry, he said no.  I'd rather they spent their time thinking about who will be the next boss and making efforts to get that man in than telling us what we already know.

We're going into the transfer window with no manager, no prospect of getting any new players; and the silence from Mort and Ashley is deafening.

Where's the reassurance?

Do Mort or Ashley need to stay much?

We tried for Harry, he said no.  I'd rather they spent their time thinking about who will be the next boss and making efforts to get that man in than telling us what we already know.

We didn't know anything. We're left to rely on half-truths and snippets of information from London-based hacks.

The club is in limbo, and the fans are just expected to turn up and shell out money on this shambles.

f****** gobsmacked that they didnt have a plan tbh.

There plan looks like it was to get Harry Redknapp? have you not been paying attention? that's failed, so we have to see what plan b is.  So far nobody knows who that is as there has not been an approach to another manager yet.

And thats a plan to you??Thinking that we were going to get him?

Thats no kind of plan that any business should be using tbh,we are left without a manager and with egg on our faces again.

And yes i have been paying attention,obviously.

And because plan A was as shit as it was i dont even want to think of plan B.

Guest LucasUnger

we'll get our manager tomorrow or on monday after the manu game.

would u like to be presented to the toon army and then have to play manure at old trafford without knowing the players???

i wouldn't.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned but i just cannot believe this has become such public knowledge as well. Even in the past there have been strong rumours managers were coming but to actually have him come in front of the cameras and turn it down, that is really damaging - there is no way the board can bullshit their way around the new manager not being first choice. All this coming from Redknapp that he was offered another 'huge' role and turned it down and we're still guessing whether it was Man City or Spurs, whilst with us we've seen the guy stand there and tell the whole world he's turned us down. I for one am really worried about who we're going to end up with.

Guest The Libertine

they are now realizing just what they got themselves in for. i, for one, am waiting to see who is coming in before i jump to conclusions.

at the moment, it looks to be a very bad situation though. go out the cup on wednesday and there will be hell on.

Spurs - Sacked Jol and replaced him with someone who has won the Uefa cup twice.

Aston Villa - Sacked O'Leary and replaced him with someone who won virtually everything available in his time in Scottish football, and only cheated out of a deserved UEFA cup by Mourinho's cynical, diving, cheating Porto.

Man City - Sacked Pearce and replaced him with someone someone who has won Serie A, the UEFA cup with two clubs, the Cup Winners cup with another, and got to a UEFA cup and European cup final with another.

Contrast this with the mediocrity our club expects us to turn up and idolise without question.

The above three clubs, Everton who were lucky enough to find a diamond in the rough, and needless to say, the top four, will finish above us for some considerable time.

Well, well, well.. Our below par first choice manager has rejected. our offer Doesn't seem like a top class manager was lined up after all. I'm starting to be underwhelmed by the decision making regarding the manager position so far.

I'm not sure if this 'first choice' thing is true.  I agree that the media has represented as such but I can't help but feel this is a bit of misdirection, in a way - and that things have been happening in other areas at the same time.

Not a big 'smokescreen' as such, it's just I'm not sure how a manager can be first choice until he's been sounded out properly, which would apply to other potential candidates too.

Welcome to the bitchin smokers corner in the dinning car.

I'm not celebrating Nappy isn't coming as it has revealed the scenario is actully worse than I suspected.

SA was sacked without a replacement onboard.

The only hope now is that we have 'talked' to 'others'.

It's clueless isn't it?  It looks like this is how it went:

* Ashley on phone to Mort *

"I've had it with that fucking wosname Chris.  I was at the match and I was getting slagged left right and centre, I had to get Big Phil to give 'em a dig to keep 'em quiet.  I want him sacked."

* Spluttering noises on the line *

"But Mike, we're in the middle of the transfer window, we've got no replacement, it'll cost a fortune....."

"Chris, Chris, remember 'He who dares wins' eh, eh, eh?  How difficult can it be?  Lots of good managers around.  Like that old red faced bloke, you know the one, old thingy, mulla'd us at our place."

"Harry Redknapp?"

"Probably.  Anyways, I want him sacked.  Now.  He'd better be gone when I get back.  Gottagochow"

"But Mike, we'll get murdered in the press.  Mike.  Mike?  Hello? Hello?  Oh, shit"

That is exactly how it went. Throw in sushi bar noises in background.

Spurs - Sacked Jol and replaced him with someone who has won the Uefa cup twice.

Aston Villa - Sacked O'Leary and replaced him with someone who won virtually everything available in his time in Scottish football, and only cheated out of a deserved UEFA cup by Mourinho's cynical, diving, cheating Porto.

Man City - Sacked Pearce and replaced him with someone someone who has won Serie A, the UEFA cup with two clubs, the Cup Winners cup with another, and got to a UEFA cup and European cup final with another.

Contrast this with the mediocrity our club expects us to turn up and idolise without question.

The above three clubs, Everton who were lucky enough to find a diamond in the rough, and needless to say, the top four, will finish above us for some considerable time.

Post of the thread.

Post of the thread.

This can't be happening.

Post of the thread.

This can't be happening.

It's mad isnt it, I'm completely shocked to be honest. Lets just hope this is a blessing in disguise. Surely noone will want the job in england after having 'Arry turn the job down. This surely leaves us with only a foreign option.  :laugh2:

Post of the thread.

This can't be happening.

It's mad isnt it, I'm completely shocked to be honest. Lets just hope this is a blessing in disguise. Surely noone will want the job in england after having 'Arry turn the job down. This surely leaves us with only a foreign option.   :laugh2:

I've popped a couple of cowboy hats in the post for Mort and Ashers.

Post of the thread.

This can't be happening.

It's mad isnt it, I'm completely shocked to be honest. Lets just hope this is a blessing in disguise. Surely noone will want the job in england after having 'Arry turn the job down. This surely leaves us with only a foreign option.   :laugh2:

I've popped a couple of cowboy hats in the post for Mort and Ashers.

Cowboy hats?? Why didnt i think of that..... i just pooped in an envelope.

Don't see how this could be called Morshley's first test, they've got loads of stuff spot on.

Backed the manager with funds

Ensured financial stability

Conversed with fans

Competents on the bar at half time

Electronic clocks

etc.

People were praising them to the hilt until this week.

They HAVE failed this test though.

Don't see how this could be called Morshley's first test, they've got loads of stuff spot on.

Backed the manager with funds

Ensured financial stability

Conversed with fans

Competents on the bar at half time

Electronic clocks

etc.

People were praising them to the hilt until this week.

They HAVE failed this test though.

This is a real test hence the thread title...all the other stuff is workaday...