Official Statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest alankhaw

We can confirm socks from Primark are one of the socks the club have spoken to. However, Primark have made it clear they are happy with life as being a low cost sock company made in Nepal and we wish this pair well for the future.

We are now ready to approach Topshop to achieve the aim of being able deliver style, comfort, warmth and durability.

Guest Guinness

Oh dear, this would have come a lot earlier if it was true, they surely wouldn't have allowed the media to jump on the Redknapp story with all the stuff about him being the number one choice is this were the case.

Panic statement tbh. They went all this time without saying a word and now it's gone tits up they're desperately trying to make out they still know what they're doing.

That. Word for word.

It's also a desperate message to whoever they approach next that they AREN'T second choice, that indeed they planned to speak to them all along - they were just speaking to Harry first.

All bollox really, but after handling it the way they have then what choice did they have? Should have handled it better in the first place, of course. I think this'll be quite a learning experience for Mort and Ashley.

Panic statement tbh. They went all this time without saying a word and now it's gone tits up they're desperately trying to make out they still know what they're doing.

That. Word for word.

It's also a desperate message to whoever they approach next that they AREN'T second choice, that indeed they planned to speak to them all along - they were just speaking to Harry first.

All bollox really, but after handling it the way they have then what choice did they have? Should have handled it better in the first place, of course. I think this'll be quite a learning experience for Mort and Ashley.

there is no time for a learning period we are in a mess and with their targets we will not get out of it

That. Word for word.

That. Word for word.

there is no time for a learning period we are in a mess and with their targets we will not get out of it

What targets are these then, they've only just released their first statement which acknowledged they'd approached Rednapp. No-one connected - officially - with the club has given any names away.

The City will be laughing. This is his 2nd biggest mistake after the Sports Direct stock market case

Aye, but he looks like he could make over half a billion pounds from the sports direct 'mistake', this can only be causing a drastic decrease in the value of Newcastle United as an asset...

That. Word for word.

Whether you think there's time for a learning period or not, they're in one so you'd better get used to it. This is a new business for both of them and it will take time for them to adapt.

Personally, I'm quite prepared to cut them some slack, especially given all that they've done for the club since they took over. Everything they've done up until sacking Sam has been handled excellently and they've saved the club from god-knows-what that would have happened with the debt mountain that Fat Fred had mounted up.

Everyone needs to calm down a little and give them some time to see what they can do. This season's already a write-off so there's no hurry to even get an appointment before the end of the transfer window. If we end up with MacLaren, I'll be the first to get annoyed. But at the moment we haven't so there's no need to worry yet.

"That person will be someone we believe will be able to deliver successful results and performances to accompany that

I think this bit is the key to the entire statement, this to me suggests that they believe this "we need attacking football" myth. I think they've bought this myth and are therefore looking for someone who plays attacking football.

Just wait for the media to start banging on about Hughes just like they did with Redknapp.

I think Shearer will get the job.

I've got no bloody idea. I'm forgetting about the whole saga now and looking to today's match. It's out of our hands, no one's got a bloody clue.

If we don't get someone in by next week I can't see how we'll have enough time to get the players we need in the transfer window.

This season is another write off, so we dont need players, just a manager that can get the best out of the ones we've got and make sure that we dont get too close to danger.

To be honest, I'd rather the  new manager didn't get a penny this January and was forced to workwith the players he's already got, so that he  can't go out and hide behind his new signings.

If we don't get someone in by next week I can't see how we'll have enough time to get the players we need in the transfer window.

This season is another write off, so we dont need players, just a manager that can get the best out of the ones we've got and make sure that we dont get too close to danger.

To be honest, I'd rather the  new manager didn't get a penny this January and was forced to workwith the players he's already got, so that he  can't go out and hide behind his new signings.

But then surely he'll hide behind the fact that the players out there aren't his players!?

Guest DazzaNufc1892

think tbh the statement tells a lot of truth, they have probably drawn up a short list of 5 candidates, contacted all 5 to see who was interested. Redknapp was probably the first to say yes and the others are mulling it over e.g. shearer. I firmly expect al to be in the job by tomorrow

But then surely he'll hide behind the fact that the players out there aren't his players!?

Yes, but come the summer, he'd have a better idea of just how to improve the team.

Guest LucasUnger

to be honest, I'd rather the  new manager did get 100 million this January  and was forced to workwith the players he's already bought. ;)

I've got no bloody idea. I'm forgetting about the whole saga now and looking to today's match. It's out of our hands, no one's got a bloody clue.

Spot on, nobody has a clue, we might as well just wait and see what happens.