Official Statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

The fact is they sacked a manager they clearly didn't want from the start. If we'd have been where Man City are having played the way they've played this season he'd have been given more time, but he hasn't impressed them at all and they don't trust him with any more money. He was clearly going to be asking for more funds for players this month so i can absolutely understand their timing. Better spending no money than have Allardyce throw another 8m away.

He did himself no favours at all.

Despite what a lot of you are saying Redknapp would've been a huge improvement on Allardyce, not least because he believes in going out to win games. He'd have got us creating and scoring goals and i reckon we'd have been challenging for a European place by the end of the season.

Anyway that's by-the-by now. As the board said they've a number of people in mind and hopefully we'll end up with a decent one.

The fact is they sacked a manager they clearly didn't want from the start. If we'd have been where Man City are having played the way they've played this season he'd have been given more time, but he hasn't impressed them at all and they don't trust him with any more money. He was clearly going to be asking for more funds for players this month so i can absolutely understand their timing. Better spending no money than have Allardyce throw another 8m away.

Despite what a lot of you are saying Redknapp would've been a huge improvement on Allardyce, not least because he believes in going out to win games. He'd have got us creating and scoring goals and i reckon we'd have been challenging for a European place by the end of the season.

Anyway that's by-the-by now. As the board said they've a number of people in mind and hopefully we'll end up with a decent one.

:thup:

People need to get a grip. How is it Mort and Ashleys fault that the Redknapp stuff was made public. They haven't said a word the entire time.

Good statement in my opinion, basically confirming what we all believed anyway - that Redknapp wasn't the only person we are talking to.

mackems.gif

*Man speaks from alternate universe.*

That is a big first sentence.

People who take over companies almost always bring in their own people. People they trust to deliver the results they expect. I'm sure that Ashley and Mort would've wanted to start their tenure with their own man in charge.

They are clearly very unimpressed by FF and the way he ran the club so i'd be surprised if they wanted to keep his man in charge of the team. But as they say 'it's a results business', and if we were winning games under Allardyce then they would have had no choice but to keep him. As it is he was fcuking dreadful so good riddance.

People who take over companies almost always bring in their own people. People they trust to deliver the results they expect. I'm sure that Ashley and Mort would've wanted to start their tenure with their own man in charge.

They are clearly very unimpressed by FF and the way he ran the club so i'd be surprised if they wanted to keep his man in charge of the team. But as they say 'it's a results business', and if we were winning games under Allardyce then they would have had no choice but to keep him. As it is he was fcuking dreadful so good riddance.

Can we justify throwing the baby out with the bath water though?

On the park, it may have been woeful...but what about the backroom improvements/medical/health improvements?

That is a big first sentence.

Not really to be honest.

I think they decided to give him a chance, but I don't believe that they would have appointed Sam in the first place, given Ashley's apparent desire to see good and entertaining, which Sam has never even shown an interest in delivering.

they said the same on 5Live. their interest cooled when they found out that he wanted to stay living in thre south and fly i and out of Newcastle

To be fair, that would be an absolutely ridiculous set of circumstances.

He rejected us though, at the end of the day.

Everytime I wake up/log in, this situation gets more ridiculous/embarrassing. They actually fired Sam with no concrete replacement, in the middle of the transfer window? That's something right there.

Everytime I wake up/log in, this situation gets more ridiculous/embarrassing. They actually fired Sam with no concrete replacement, in the middle of the transfer window? That's something right there.

But we don't know the exact circumstances - personally I think Ashley didnt trust SA with his money and wouldnt give him much in the window, SA got fed up, and so they mutally parted. Might not have been as simple as Mort just getting rid.

I'm increasingly considering the possibility that Mike Ashley is actually Freddy Shepherd in some sort of comical zip-up-at-the-back type humanoid disguise. It's all been a mirage...

Guest shaun11177

Basically they will go thru the Lge-Arsenal nah no point ringing them up, Man Utd nope,Chelsea never heard of him-Man City ah too bloody late for that one etc etc Pompey 8th-tried that one. Who's 9th Blackburn oh try him then.

But we don't know the exact circumstances - personally I think Ashley didnt trust SA with his money and wouldnt give him much in the window, SA got fed up, and so they mutally parted. Might not have been as simple as Mort just getting rid.

I agree that the actual circumstances are obfuscated by the speculation and rumor, but the one thing we do know is that moments before he "mutually parted", Sam was at a press conference apparently under the impression that he was preparing for the Man United game. A reporter mentioned the rumor that he was no longer employed, he said he had no idea about that and left to speak with the chairman. An hour later he was gone.

If the above is true, then Ashley and Mort were well aware of Sam's future long before he even suspected there was a problem. With that in mind, there has to be a surreptitious way to contact out of work managers and gauge their interest in the position. Right now it seems like they all walked into a room, sat down, undid their jackets, sipped some water, looked at one another and said "'arry? Right. 'arry then." and fucked off to Hong Kong.

I agree that the actual circumstances are obfuscated by the speculation and rumor, but the one thing we do know is that moments before he "mutually parted", Sam was at a press conference apparently under the impression that he was preparing for the Man United game. A reporter mentioned the rumor that he was no longer employed, he said he had no idea about that and left to speak with the chairman. An hour later he was gone.

If the above is true, then Ashley and Mort were well aware of Sam's future long before he even suspected there was a problem. With that in mind, there has to be a surreptitious way to contact out of work managers and gauge their interest in the position. Right now it seems like they all walked into a room, sat down, undid their jackets, sipped some water, looked at one another and said "'arry? Right. 'arry then." and fucked off to Hong Kong.

mackems.gif

....they couldn't find Nappies number and had to call Olivah for it. :laugh:

I'm increasingly considering the possibility that Mike Ashley is actually Freddy Shepherd in some sort of comical zip-up-at-the-back type humanoid disguise. It's all been a mirage...

Sigh.

Sigh.

What's up George?

f*** me, not again.

what?

HE KNOWS NOTHING. YOU KNOW NOTHING. I KNOW NOTHING. PEOPLE ON CITY FORUMS KNOW NOTHING.

Get it? I'm not even sure Ashley and Mort know what the fuck is happening.

Sigh.

What's up George?

Nothing Dave.