Bobby Robson - "Geremi old", Shearer for job

nufc4eva

This was from the second game of the season

Geremi and Smith were both sub standard today.  Geremi looked like he had lead in his boots and Smith ran round like a headless chicken, neither did anything with the ball.

Butt didn't distribute the ball well or cover the midfield, it was a return to old gloomy times for him today.

It was pretty obvious something was amiss

Sir Bobby seems to be the one person the plague of negativity in this club cannot touch.

People were perfectly willing to get negative about shearer, legend in his own right, when he was being talked about for manager.

But one word from Sir Bobby and Shearer for the toon becomes respectable again.

Sir Bobby seems to be the one person the plague of negativity in this club cannot touch.

People were perfectly willing to get negative about shearer, legend in his own right, when he was being talked about for manager.

But one word from Sir Bobby and Shearer for the toon becomes respectable again.

I'm not sure it's like that, really, or should be. Sir Bobby has talked some shite in the past and will again, even if his heart's in the right place.

Most of the article is spot on. Surely he can become a consultant for the club seeing as seems to know so many people and could really help Mort and Ashley out?

Anyway, doesn't it put a smile on your face when you see him say that we belong in the Champions League? It's the kind of ambition that the chairman and owner need to have, or acquire, and soon.

For all the absolute s**** that has masqueraded as journalism the past week that article pisses on the lot of it.

refreshing to read that isnt it, after the ill-informed bullshit that we've been fed recently

It will be intresting to see how 2 of our own do on the Sunday Supplement tomorrow. Shaun Custis of The Sun & John Richardson are on & both are Newcastle fans but Custis is big mates with Allardyce.

Shearer with Robson as director of football.

With the rejection of Harry Redknapp I think its very likely Mark Hughes will give us the same answer.

Mike Ashley must consider the alternative that alternative is appointing Alan Shearer but with the experience of Sir Bobby Robson as Director of Football to guide him and with all his contacts this partnership must be looked at if the "experience" factor is of such importance to Ashley and Mort in there next appointment.

He might be too old and too ill for any sort of full time position, but it might be a good idea (as well as a shrewd PR move) for Mort & Ashley to announce that they were appointing Robson to lead the search for the new manager (if Shearer doesn't want it, or Mort/Ashley don't want Shearer).  Someone universally respected who knows football and knows the club.  Would give us all more confidence, that much is for sure.  And I'd rather have him selling the club to a potential manager than anyone else.

He might be too old and too ill for any sort of full time position, but it might be a good idea (as well as a shrewd PR move) for Mort & Ashley to announce that they were appointing Robson to lead the search for the new manager (if Shearer doesn't want it, or Mort/Ashley don't want Shearer).  Someone universally respected who knows football and knows the club.  Would give us all more confidence, that much is for sure.  And I'd rather have him selling the club to a potential manager than anyone else.

Spot on. 

mourinho with sir bobby assisting him, plus im sure we can fit in shearer somewhere in there, now that would be perfect!

john anderson said on the radio today that if we dont try we wont get jose, so let us at least try, see what he says, im sure he loves a challenge! there's no bigger challenge in football really! get the toon to win a trophy, if someone can, jose is the man!!

For all the absolute s**** that has masqueraded as journalism the past week that article pisses on the lot of it.

refreshing to read that isnt it, after the ill-informed bullshit that we've been fed recently

It will be intresting to see how 2 of our own do on the Sunday Supplement tomorrow. Shaun Custis of The Sun & John Richardson are on & both are Newcastle fans but Custis is big mates with Allardyce.

Custis is a cock man.

Supports Man Utd more than us, or you would think so anyways.

Custis is a cock man.

Supports Man Utd more than us, or you would think so anyways.

Well his brother Neil Custis does cover Man Utd for The Scum.  Shaun was in the chopper with Sam when arrived at Newcastle & i think he is writing his ghost writing Sam's book.

Tbf to Shaun he does get nailed about Newcastle when he is on the Sunday Supplement.

I agree you wouldn't know he's a Newcastle fan from the amount of s*** he stirs.

Steve Bremner is The Sun's man on the north east beat as Olly would say. Shaun is chief football writer so is only going to write about us when it is shitty or Sam has fed him a good story.

The club would do well to enlist Sir Bobby as an adviser or just to talk to over the phone about things. I feel he could help us a lot in that sense.

This is what SHOULD have happened in the close season before they fired him....into the boardroom as DOF..

Not to mention the fact that the club was given information about Geremi but Allardyces arrogance still prevented him from listening.

This is very unfair to Big Sam though. Everyone has an opinion. SBR knowing that Geremi's legs are gone is just like SAF knowing Mclaren will make a very good manager.

If Big Sam signs a player, I trust that he has all the information he needs. He may have made the wrong judgement, but I don't think one could fault him for lack of homework.

It was Mourinho that told SBR that Geremi's legs had gone - SBR told the club..

If Allardyce was still stupid enough to sign him he deserves all the criticism he gets.