Bobby Robson - "Geremi old", Shearer for job

nufc4eva

Not to mention the fact that the club was given information about Geremi but Allardyces arrogance still prevented him from listening.

This is very unfair to Big Sam though. Everyone has an opinion. SBR knowing that Geremi's legs are gone is just like SAF knowing Mclaren will make a very good manager.

If Big Sam signs a player, I trust that he has all the information he needs. He may have made the wrong judgement, but I don't think one could fault him for lack of homework.

It was Mourinho that told SBR that Geremi's legs had gone - SBR told the club..

If Allardyce was still stupid enough to sign him he deserves all the criticism he gets.

Judging by the fact that he mentions that this was before Ashley bought the club, I assume that Sir Bob's less than amicable relationship with Shepherd and co. meant that club employees were instructed not to listen to any advice he gives.

I would be surprised if his words ever reached Allardyce's ears.

I think the point is, though, that Geremi was a player who was performing way under par and had lost the confidence of his manager, and not only did Allardyce not see this and sign him, but he also made him captain, meaning he was almost forced to start him in every game.

Even worse, though, after Smith's run with the club has been so poor, he made him captain during Geremi's absence, committing the same error twice.

I think the point is, though, that Geremi was a player who was performing way under par and had lost the confidence of his manager, and not only did Allardyce not see this and sign him, but he also made him captain, meaning he was almost forced to start him in every game.

Even worse, though, after Smith's run with the club has been so poor, he made him captain during Geremi's absence, committing the same error twice.

Search those topics that support Geremi as our captain before the start of our season, please.

I don't think that appointment is very wrong though, base on the performance during the pre-season friendly.

Agree with the Smith one, and probably his reign as our captain has finished.

Guest mikefin

mourinho with sir bobby assisting him, plus im sure we can fit in shearer somewhere in there, now that would be perfect!

I have to choise this one. Sounds more than perfect.

mourinho with sir bobby assisting him, plus im sure we can fit in shearer somewhere in there, now that would be perfect!

I have to choise this one. Sounds more than perfect.

I read and i LIKE!

The best defender is taylor though. I don't think any of our other defenders are any better at all

Beye, Faye and possibly Enrique.

It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth the way he was let go. As he was getting older he would have been perfect to move upstairs and help out a new manager. That way we wouldn't have to gone into panic mode and appoint Souness we could have got a younger manager who Bobby could have helped tutored.

Don't think he is well enough to have a hands on role at the club but as some kind of advisor that would be great.

The best defender is taylor though. I don't think any of our other defenders are any better at all

Beye, Faye and possibly Enrique.

;)

It rhymes too.

but the best defender is still a home-grown boy Taylor

Jesus, not like Sir Bobby to be so wide of the mark.

He is though - not great, but by far the best. Just shows what a pile of crap the rest are though.

Beye Faye and Enrique (yes, it does rhyme nicely) are not playing up to their abilities though.

Rozenhal and the athritic Brazilian are not up to it.

An excellent article with no bullsh** in it!! Refreshing...

I don't think he could become DOF as he is pretty ill, would be a good idea to recruit him as some sort of consultant.

Go on yasell Bobby!!

Excellent aricle by Sir Bobby, the man is a legend in the english and world game, as his 10 minute standing ovation at the bbc sports personality of the year 2007 told us.

After reading that I am starting to come round to the idea that Alan Shearer flying solo would be a good choice, after all as some have said in the media this week, Newcastle have always had managers with experience and we still haven't won anything, so why not take a chance on Big Al?

He seems like the only logical choice at present, and as Sir Bob says whoever takes the job will have Shearers shadow hanging over them until he takes the position, so (and I know this is a complete reversal of opinions from my rants the other day) I would hand Shearer the keys to the office.

Taylor and Faye are without a doubt our best defenders.

??? Taylor over Beye?

I don't mind Taylor, i think he's alright. Faye, Beye and Enrique (soon enough) will all be ahead of him though in my opinion. He's a good option to have alongside Faye though, it's a really brusing backline.

Beye--Taylor--Faye--Enrique is such a promising defense, imo. If we played that week in, week out - it'd be good.

Taylor and Faye are without a doubt our best defenders.

??? Taylor over Beye?

I don't mind Taylor, i think he's alright. Faye, Beye and Enrique (soon enough) will all be ahead of him though in my opinion. He's a good option to have alongside Faye though, it's a really brusing backline.

Beye--Taylor--Faye--Enrique is such a promising defense, imo. If we played that week in, week out - it'd be good.

Enrique looks poor, overall. Faye has made some bad, bad mistakes, but gotten away with many of them. He's been ok, but there should be better to come. Beye has done well, he's been v good.

Not really fair to compare full backs to centre backs, though. I think Taylor and Faye would be a good partnership, once Faye properlly beds in, and once there is a decent LB next to them. I genuinely think Taylor will come on next to the likes of Beye, as well. Can only be good for the development of a player that i think can becoem a very good centre back.

Enrique looks poor, overall. Faye has made some bad, bad mistakes, but gotten away with many of them. He's been ok, but there should be better to come. Beye has done well, he's been v good.

Not really fair to compare full backs to centre backs, though. I think Taylor and Faye would be a good partnership, once Faye properlly beds in, and once there is a decent LB next to them. I genuinely think Taylor will come on next to the likes of Beye, as well. Can only be good for the development of a player that i think can becoem a very good centre back.

I don't think Enrique looks poor, like the others he's had his moments but needs games.

I don't think Enrique looks poor, like the others he's had his moments but needs games.

I reckon Allardyce was half-right in holding him back, but then you don't get up to speed without playing. Should have been playing in the games against shit teams when he was inexplicably on the bench, not given one of his only starts at Old Trafford against one of the world's best players.

I reckon Allardyce was half-right in holding him back, but then you don't get up to speed without playing. Should have been playing in the games against s*** teams when he was inexplicably on the bench, not given one of his only starts at Old Trafford against one of the world's best players.

He probably was right keeping him out of some games but like you say not against the shit and certainly not at home.

Yup.

Cacapa and Geremi need jetisoning immediately.

I reckon Allardyce was half-right in holding him back, but then you don't get up to speed without playing. Should have been playing in the games against s*** teams when he was inexplicably on the bench, not given one of his only starts at Old Trafford against one of the world's best players.

True and to be fair to Enrique he didn't do too badly in the first half and it was understandable that he ran out of legs in the second half given how much football he's played and how much of a runaround we were being given.  He looks every bit as promising as Taylor to me.