Toon turning to Shearer and Keegan

stozo

Don't usually read many papers outside of The Times, Telegraph and Independent when it comes to football, and the former has been particular good over the past week or so, if you ask me. For all the slatings the press get - most of which are justified - there are some decent journalists out there at the moment who seem to have a finger on the pulse.

Guest Anders Rye

What have Keagan been doint the last couple of years, nothing!

what have klinsman been doing the last couple of years ? but him now going to manage munich bayern

Hmm.. Good argument acutally, I am now warming a bit up to this pairing:)

what have klinsman been doing the last couple of years ? but him now going to manage munich bayern

:lol: That was easy

:lol: That was easy

:clap:

Don't usually read many papers outside of The Times, Telegraph and Independent when it comes to football, and the former has been particular good over the past week or so, if you ask me. For all the slatings the press get - most of which are justified - there are some decent journalists out there at the moment who seem to have a finger on the pulse.

But then again, there's this: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article3177770.ece

I hope Mr. Lovejoy feels better, having got that out of his system. It must be a burden being the voice of "fair-minded fans" and determining who has "ideas above their station."

There was not as much money as he had been led to believe, and he had to cut his cloth accordingly. Hence the need to buy players from the second rank, such as Alan Smith, Joey Barton and Geremi, when he really wanted Nicolas Anelka, Richard Dunne and Croatia’s Luca Modric.

Well I suppose we will have to take Lovejoy's word for it.  Very well connected isn't he?

Dealing with a bitter and hostile national media must be one of the bigger challenges (and there are several) that comes with the job of manager.  No other club gets anything near this sort of treatment. 

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

I suppose its an inverted compliment.

But the 'reality check' we've all been advised to take has come thru: I never realized how many snivelling drips and sneering schoolgirls there are out there these days.

Can this appointment work? Alot of people on here seem so sure it won't work and I am not sure what they are basing it on. Look at our other appointments barring Souness and Roeder.

Dalglish, Gullit and Allardyce. All were experienced and had relative success elsewhere before the Toon. On paper these would be far more qualified than Shearer to be successful at Newcastle but they all failed miserably. The majority of fans thought that Dalglish would be the missing link between us and success and is was a disaster.

At the moment Shearer is the man I would like to see manage us. It is a gamble but so would Mourinho or anyone of that ilk, there would be no guarentees of success if Ferguson or Wenger took charge.

In an ideal world it would be Mourinho but if we are not going to get someone like him I sooner see Shearer in charge than someone like Harry Redknapp.

Experience is important but not everything. Mark Hughes at the time turned around Welsh football. He came in with no experince and was a whisker away from qualifying for a major tourney, we should have really, a excellent away draw with Russia and we brought them back to the red hot atmosphere of the Millenium Stadium and we blew it. Since the Welsh job he has done well with Blackburn and brought in good players.

Experience needs to be gained somewhere, but there is no guarentees that if Shearer spent 3 seasons at Darlington and did well that he would be any better qualified to be boss of Newcastle.

Guest The Libertine

absolute suicide, think we'd go down for sure, the mans spent the x amount of months in a fucken football circus for christs sake

what makes anyone think he could do anything with us on the pitch?

christ

so he's got experience managing clowns playing football?

keegan in.

absolute suicide, think we'd go down for sure, the mans spent the x amount of months in a fucken football circus for christs sake

what makes anyone think he could do anything with us on the pitch?

christ

Not my first choice but he's been there and done that - he's far from inexperienced. He wouldn't come without being assured about having money to spend and he's never been relegated before!