Definitely Ashley - "I want our team to be admired for brilliant football"

nufc4eva

Its truly incredible the amount of negative comments being written here.

Laughable bunch you lot are. You're all like "Well get some players in then!" - do you think he's sitting on his f****** arse? do you think Morts pissing about on Minesweeper or something? you lot assume too much. Impatient buggers, they're considering all candidates for the job right now and trying to get things right. Its pretty rare you get an owner making a statement of intent like that and you're all picking at it like parasites, see the big picture like hes doing. Yes we've been burnt in the past and we all know how that feels but nows the time to have a bit of spirit about us in these dark times, we need some leading so just wait for the new manager and shut the f*** up for now.

You don't what you've got til its gone and the amount of clubs around that would kill for an owner like ours, jesus. Can't wait til he eventually shuts you all up and you're thankful for once.

Brilliant! :laugh:

You could have saved yourself a lot of typing though mate and just used this smilie -> :explode:

:lol:

you're going to marry that smiley.

you love it

It is true, madass - I can deny it no more...I love this smiley. :explode:

I also like this one too.. :gm:

We really need the club to just get on with announcing the next manager mug who will walk away after 6 months with a huge pay-off...because things are getting silly on here now.

Why doesn't he shut up and get on with delivering us these promises? Because all I can see right now is a managerless club with a barren transfer window ahead.

If he hadn't said anything the board forum would be full of people wringing their hands and weeping, asking "Why doesn't he come out and say something."

It's only the second time he's given an interview about the club and you're asking him to shut-up?

I'm not complaining about how often he speaks, I'm objecting to the timing and the content.

ffs, tbh

Laughable bunch you lot are. You're all like "Well get some players in then!" - do you think he's sitting on his f****** arse? do you think Morts pissing about on Minesweeper or something? you lot assume too much. Impatient buggers, they're considering all candidates for the job right now and trying to get things right. Its pretty rare you get an owner making a statement of intent like that and you're all picking at it like parasites, see the big picture like hes doing. Yes we've been burnt in the past and we all know how that feels but nows the time to have a bit of spirit about us in these dark times, we need some leading so just wait for the new manager and shut the f*** up for now.

You don't what you've got til its gone and the amount of clubs around that would kill for an owner like ours, jesus. Can't wait til he eventually shuts you all up and you're thankful for once.

So true.

I really think some of you people are from Sunderland.

Guest elbee909

So true.

I really think some of you people are from Sunderland.

Would be a lot closer to Newcastle than a lot of the people who post on here with massively inflated egos.

Me included. :)

Ashley was reported yesterday as saying it was time to put his black and white shirt away and take more of an active role in the running of the club. Newcastle denied this, however. “As usual, Mike will be sitting with Newcastle fans at the next away game,” a source said. “The idea that he is going to be hands-on in the boardroom from now on is incorrect.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article3182549.ece

So they reckon their source has better information about Ashley's plans than the man himself....interesting  :lol:

Must be the same source in the Indie:

Quotes attributed to Ashley yesterday were said to be erroneous by Newcastle. Ashley will not be relinquishing the terraces for the boardroom as has been said and will not be switching his day-to-day concentration and workload from his company Sports Direct to Newcastle United.

One thing is for certain, whoever comes in will be under no illusions as to what brand of football is required. Can only be a good thing.

Not necessarily. Been pondering those Ashley comments and if you're being really cynical it sounds like he's after a "yes man" rather than a Mourinho.

Does a manager in the Keegan mould exist these days? Would managers like Redknapp/Hughes have altered/alter their own philosophies on football and team selection, etc?

It's a very funny one.

One thing is for certain, whoever comes in will be under no illusions as to what brand of football is required. Can only be a good thing.

Not necessarily. Been pondering those Ashley comments and if you're being really cynical it sounds like he's after a "yes man" rather than a Mourinho.

Does a manager in the Keegan mould exist these days? Would managers like Redknapp/Hughes have altered/alter their own philosophies on football and team selection, etc?

It's a very funny one.

I was speaking purely as a football fan. Watching teams pitch up for a goalless draw is rubbish, whoever the teams are.

As always, I just hope for the best, and that the comments aren't meant as you say. Ashley deserves a bit of slack on the first few goes at this IMO.

It's a very funny one.

I was speaking purely as a football fan. Watching teams pitch up for a goalless draw is rubbish, whoever the teams are.

As always, I just hope for the best, and that the comments aren't meant as you say. Ashley deserves a bit of slack on the first few goes at this IMO.

All we can do is hope, really, and support whoever accepts the job.

I think it's plain to see that I'm now back in Hull... and that it's Monday tomorrow :blush:

It's a very funny one.

All we can do is hope, really, and support whoever accepts the job.

I think it's plain to see that I'm now back in Hull... and that it's Monday tomorrow :blush:

The fightback begins today.

MA will be 'in the office'.

Onwards and upwards.  :celb:

Didnt think he gets back til Tuesday?

Its good we are talking to a few people and actually picking the best person, but we do need to keep to a decent timescale if there is any chance at all of getting at least one player in before the window closes.

Guest johnson293

From NUFC.Com this morning....

Interview:

Ashley quotes denied

Sunday's edition of The News of the World included an exclusive piece supposedly penned by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley setting out his own "sexy football" agenda.

However it's now become clear that Ashley has not spoken to that newspaper and the source of the quotes is therefore dubious in the extreme.

:rolleyes: