Terry Mac Yesterday

Guest Micktoon

Guest michaelfoster

Spoke to a mate who's itk, apparently he doesnt do much in training, puts the cones out & collects them afterwards, draws the diagrams for tactics & spends match days playing hangman on his pad in the dugout*

* The last one may not be 100% accurate

McDermott - "Hey Mark, look at this - If you mix the yellow pen with the red, it goes orange!"

Viduka - "That's dynamite Terry, must dash."

bluelaugh.gif

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

I'm not sure whether to laugh at TM's childish discovery or Mark Viduka apparently getting read to lose his 'sprinting virginity'. Dash my a*** lol

Guest toonlass

My ITK reckons Terry Mac is the only one at Newcastle with an estate car, and so is kept on so that the club has someone to pick the crisps up from the cash and carry.

God, sometimes our fans don't do us any favours. Try and form your own opinions rather than jumping on which ever bandwagon the vocal minority are riding on!

Terry Mac was brought to the club by Keegan. Keegan valued him so much that he reportedly paid Terry Mac's wages out of his own pocket for an initial period. He was assistant manager, but his value to Keegan at least was that he acted as a buffer between senior players and manager, so that KK could keep a certain distance from players whilst still having good communication within the squad. He was act the club well before Shearer or before FFS was in charge.

Subsequent managers have retained his services, you cannot be naive enough to think that if any manager didn't want him around or want his own man then he still would be employed. I'm not sure why so much animosity is directed to him now, what has changed since he assisted Keegan transform the club - where you all aware of what he did then, but have forgotten since then. Or where you not supporting in those pre Premier League years?

Guest toonlass

God, sometimes our fans don't do us any favours. Try and form your own opinions rather than jumping on which ever bandwagon the vocal minority are riding on!

Terry Mac was brought to the club by Keegan. Keegan valued him so much that he reportedly paid Terry Mac's wages out of his own pocket for an initial period. He was assistant manager, but his value to Keegan at least was that he acted as a buffer between senior players and manager, so that KK could keep a certain distance from players whilst still having good communication within the squad. He was act the club well before Shearer or before FFS was in charge.

Subsequent managers have retained his services, you cannot be naive enough to think that if any manager didn't want him around or want his own man then he still would be employed. I'm not sure why so much animosity is directed to him now, what has changed since he assisted Keegan transform the club - where you all aware of what he did then, but have forgotten since then. Or where you not supporting in those pre Premier League years?

FFS lighten up man. There is little enough to have a bit of light hearted banter about when it comes to Newcastle United without someone from the politically correct aliance coming along and getting themselves in a lather about us taking the mick out of Terry Mac!

FFS lighten up man. There is little enough to have a bit of light hearted banter about when it comes to Newcastle United without someone from the politically correct aliance coming along and getting themselves in a lather about us taking the mick out of Terry Mac!

TBH, I think he's right and you're wrong.

yea but he looks funny tho

http://www.lfchistory.net/images/smith.tommy/smithmacca.jpg

Guest toonlass

That's your opinion and its fine. However I think I'm right and you are wrong.

Guest LucaAltieri

That's your opinion and its fine. However I think I'm right and you are wrong.

I think he's right and you're wrong, too.

Now what?  :crazy2:

people have no idea about this, you cant just claim somebody does nothing and is picking up a wage when you have no clue what goes on in the football club.

Totally spot on. We'll blame anyone and any 'omen' on us losing games and performing badly. He was there during the Keegan years and he's been there during the not-so-great years...ever thought that he isn't the direct cause for all the good or the bad?

• 1 month later...
During our interview, McDermott's mobile rings... with the rather appropriate tone of New Order and World In Motion.

"That's the John Barns rap, that is! And you know they call me Black Box here. Can't get rid of me! Plenty have tried," he joked, with reference to his spells as coach under Keegan, Kenny Dalglish, Graeme Souness, Glenn Roeder, Sam Allardyce and now Keegan again.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/2008/03/08/mcdermott-kevin-keegan-will-not-run-out-on-newcastle-89520-20344160/

Bobby had the right idea though

strange thing is when i used to take my nephew to watch them training terry mac was as involved as anyone but he still took stick off the fans for doing nowt.

possibly just cos he sounds thick when talks,people taking notice of how he says things more than anything else.