FFF president 'reassured' Houllier not moving to Tyneside

NSG

Guest LondonMag

i am quite sure that Hiddink has a clause in his contract that says that he can't manage other football team.just the Russian National team

Quique Sanchez Flores?

Would be up there as one of my top choices but seems to get strangely ignored... Plays the type of football we'd want to see and the Valencia board did what our board did to Robson, sacking him after just a few games of a new season. Isn't working at the moment as well. Can't see it happening though.

i am quite sure that Hiddink has a clause in his contract that says that he can't manage other football team.just the Russian National team

:lol: he'd be a muppet to sign that wouldnt he?

Dutch coach Dick Advocat was claimed to be on our list by one of the papers yesterday.

Not many people on here have mentioned him though.

Anyone have any thoughts?

No way, just turned down a the Australia job after getting a huge payrise from Zenit.

Dutch coach Dick Advocat was claimed to be on our list by one of the papers yesterday.

Just recently signed a massive new deal with Zenit St Petersberg. Only after pulling out of a deal to coach the Australian national team

No way, just turned down a the Australia job after getting a huge payrise from Zenit.

:lol:

Well maybe he's trying to make up for it by working with at least one Australian in Mark Viduka?

Guest Geordie Racer

Dont want Houllier

Maybe you don't - but I'd be happy enough.

I don't want Houllier either. Hiddink or Hitzfeld for me, who are the two names I wanted when Big Sam was appointed, interesting how times (don't) change.

Mort met up with Houllier in Manchester airport on thursday. Shows that he was honestly saying more than one candidate was being spoken to, as well as at least Redknapp.

(source: family member)

Your family member or Houlliers' family member?

This is quite critical.

I certainly believe Mort ahead of Redknapp. I believe Redknapp wanted the job as long as he could continue to live down south (because his wife wouldn't let them move) and we weren't having it and so he then came out and said he turned it down. I think that would have come up pretty early and so I doubt we offered him the job.

Dont want Houllier

Maybe you don't - but I'd be happy enough.

I don't want Houllier either. Hiddink or Hitzfeld for me, who are the two names I wanted when Big Sam was appointed, interesting how times (don't) change.

exactly the same mate them two since Robson left

Mort met up with Houllier in Manchester airport on thursday. Shows that he was honestly saying more than one candidate was being spoken to, as well as at least Redknapp.

This is quite critical.

I certainly believe Mort ahead of Redknapp. I believe Redknapp wanted the job as long as he could continue to live down south (because his wife wouldn't let them move) and we weren't having it and so he then came out and said he turned it down. I think that would have come up pretty early and so I doubt we offered him the job.

My family member, saw them face-to-face.

It doesn't mean we will get Houllier, but when all the crack on Thursday and Friday was that Redknapp was gonna be offered the job, it shows its bullshit made up by SSN/press.

I guess Mort was going to approach Pompey to talk to Redknapp (just like he was talking to Houllier). Doesnt mean he was offered the job at all.

This is quite critical.

It doesn't mean we will get Houllier, but when all the crack on Thursday and Friday was that Redknapp was gonna be offered the job, it shows its bullshit made up by SSN/press.

I guess Mort was going to approach Pompey to talk to Redknapp (just like he was talking to Houllier). Doesnt mean he was offered the job at all.

interesting makes you wonder who else he has had a meeting with

This is quite critical.

More than anything I'm glad it shows he is looking at foreign managers too, though if we are talking to Van Gaal for example, i would have thought rumours would be coming out from Holland, which they aint.

If Ashley wants exciting attacking football, I don't think Houllier is the man.

I'd prefer someone else, but I wouldn't cry if he came, like I would have if Redknapp came.

Do you not think the "attacking football" is just made up by the press though? I think Ashley and Mort will naturally want winning football with trophies.

This is quite critical.

More than anything I'm glad it shows he is looking at foreign managers too, though if we are talking to Van Gaal for example, i would have thought rumours would be coming out from Holland, which they aint.

Van Gaal has ruled himself out.