FFF president 'reassured' Houllier not moving to Tyneside

NSG

ONut I know you like your French Football.  How defensive a team was Houlliers Lyon side?

French football in general is pretty scrappy. He got the best out of Cris, the clown who made Ameobi look like Eto'o when he was at Bayer Leverkusen, so that gives me hope for Cacapa (who was his captain) & Rozehnal. There wasn't anything spectacular about it but he was by no means "negative".

Wasn't held in as high regards as his predecessors though, was he? Cris already established himself at Lyon under Le Guen IIRC.

Guest elbee909

According to David Craig there could be some news regarding Houllier at around 11:15.

houllier and shearer

you heard it here first

Probably because it's completely without grounds, yeah.

According to David Craig there could be some news regarding Houllier at around 11:15.

Did he seriously say that??

He said some serious news tbh.

It better not just be that the FFF will allow GH to leave or that GH is in England for a training day.

Talking about Houlier on SSN now.  GH's reps have confirmed they would welcome contact from Ashley.  AO says Shearer has said he would like to work with GH.  GH's people indicate he would like to work with Shearer.  GH apparently in "informal discussions" now.

Guest elbee909

Tbh, that was my shout some days ago, i'd be delighted if it happened.

Only if Shearer is no.1

Houllier works better as an assistant imo

Tell that to Roy Evans.

Houllier would welcome any conversation with Mort/Ashley and would welcome working with Shearer.

- David Craig via Houlliers associates

Informal discussions with Ashleys contacts held.

Get him in!

I'd be very f****** happy with a GH/AS combo, considering some of the other options we could end up with.  Certainly take it above Redknapp, Hughes, Jol, Keegan or a lone Shearer appointment.

amen

Guest Guinness

Shearer & Houillier is what Shearer wants, Houillier wants job as well according to SSN's

Great news to have Houllier interested, we could certainly do a lot worse. Him and Shearer would be a very interesting combo.