FFF president 'reassured' Houllier not moving to Tyneside

NSG

Guest elbee909

“I love Newcastle,” Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, has said. “I love that raw passion. I remember being there once and hearing newspaper vendors shouting, ‘Sensation! Andy Cole toe injury!’ Most people use the word ‘sensation’ for ‘[John] Major resigns’ or ‘Aids spreading over country’. It’s unbelievable.”

:lol:

Or if you throw a boot at one of your best players' face, etc. etc.

“I love Newcastle,” Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, has said. “I love that raw passion. I remember being there once and hearing newspaper vendors shouting, ‘Sensation! Andy Cole toe injury!’ Most people use the word ‘sensation’ for ‘[John] Major resigns’ or ‘Aids spreading over country’. It’s unbelievable.”

Easy to say when you've won all those f****** trophies. :hmm:

(I laughed too btw)

Its all patronizing crap tbh -  Fergie just comes out with this stuff when he thinks we are no threat to him..

In his book, he slagged the club off royally about the transfer of Andy Cole 'Newcastle have never been a club able to keep good players' ....etc. etc.

He doesn't fool me for one minute... just watch what he says in the unlikely even of the club ever being able to challenge them again before he retires......!!

Easy to say when you've won all those f****** trophies. :hmm:

(I laughed too btw)

Its all patronizing crap tbh -  Fergie just comes out with this stuff when he thinks we are no threat to him..

In his book, he slagged the club off royally about the transfer of Andy Cole 'Newcastle have never been a club able to keep good players' ....etc. etc.

He doesn't fool me for one minute... just watch what he says in the unlikely even of the club ever being able to challenge them again before he retires......!!

yep

the wait is killing me....i know that good times are just round the corner.... :banghead:

Same, haha.

I'm checking footy sites daily for any news at the mo and its wearing me down. Whomever is chosen is going to get backed by Mike but it looks as if there'll be no new players in this window so I guess its summer spending only.

the wait is killing me....i know that good times are just round the corner.... :banghead:

Same, haha.

I'm checking footy sites daily for any news at the mo and its wearing me down. Whomever is chosen is going to get backed by Mike but it looks as if there'll be no new players in this window so I guess its summer spending only.

chill man. ride it out. we've been here before and been let down. hopefully this time is different. but it's pointless getting too worked up over every bit of speculation

Hitzfeld is obviously still the best choice from those three, although we wouldnt be able to get him until the summer, he said bayern would be his last club to manage and is reputedly all but signed up to manage the swiss national side.

If he was up for it, there would be few better, but I think that one came and went.

Van Gaal would be great, (was appointed manager here last friday according to Wiki!) someone that could really get under the skins of the top guys in the league and I dare say out wit them too. Would bring great things here but again he is very happy where he is and like Hitzfeld has done all he wants to do with clubs and fancies a national side next.

He actually released quotes to that effect last week, so id assume thats what the independant are talking about, although you can never say never, im sure he would fancy the premiership if not us. He would also fit in perfectly at this time...

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=546079

Houllier is a cracking manager, but not an attacking one, I dont see him being a popular choice here, there is no charisma. Given time and support he would build us a formidible team imo. Starting at the back, we would be slick and very technical, not too dissimilar to Svens Man City.

I would be suprised if he was Ashleys choice though.

Guest Harry-Norway

Give us KK an Big Al in a duo and we will be back on track again,we have to try Al as a manager sooner then later!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be no silence at St.James before Al been in the chair,that for sure

Houllier Shearer partnership mentioned this morning

Link? Source? Sauce?

in one of the papers i will try and find it now

I think that could work to be honest. Shearer is obviously quite attacking minded since he was a striker, while Houllier is more of a defensive minded manager based on his time at Liverpool. Cant say that i know much about the french league so I have no idea how Lyon is playing though.

Shearer manager, Houllier DoF?

unless he completely changed his style in two years at lyon he'll be hated at SJP, liverpool were horrible under him

plus he's the manager that failed to qualify france for the 1994 world cup and blamed the whole thing on david ginola...if memory serves he actually called ginola a murderer (or something equally hyperbolic) for losing the ball before bulgaria scored in paris to put them out

good man management skills like