FFF president 'reassured' Houllier not moving to Tyneside

NSG

Hitzfeld has never finished lower than 4th with any team his entire career.... nice.

He'd do I guess.

4th place would be no good to us - would still get the usual boo boys crying into their half time pies.

Guest elbee909

Hitzfeld has never finished lower than 4th with any team his entire career.... nice.

He'd do I guess.

4th place would be no good to us - would still get the usual boo boys crying into their half time pies.

INFIDEL DEFILERS. THEY SHALL ALL DROWN IN LAKES OF BLOOD.

Guest DCI Gene Hunt

Would love Hitzfeld here ASAP, the man who should have replaced Sir Bobby.  Get him in quick and sign Van Buyten from Bayern before the end of the transfer deadline. Although any of the three names would be preferable to McClaren, Hughes or Jol.

I thought Hitzfeld was still at Bayern till the end of the season with Klinsmann taking over?

Nowt to stop Klinsman starting early, it will not happen though as Hitzfeld will be the Swiss national manager next.

Guest elbee909

I thought Hitzfeld was still at Bayern till the end of the season with Klinsmann taking over?

Nowt to stop Klinsman starting early, it will not happen though as Hitzfeld will be the Swiss national manager next.

Wonder if he could do both jobs?  Don't exactly know what the Swiss job will entail, really.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/7185930.stm

Sir John Hall has suggested that managerless Newcastle could consider Swansea City boss Roberto Martinez as a candidate to go to St James' Park.

The Magpies life president and former chairman told BBC 5 Live's Sportsweek that Martinez might be an outside bet.

"Do you go for a big name, like the (Guus) Hiddinks, or do you try and find someone who can give us the football we had under (Kevin) Keegan," Hall said.

"There's the Swansea manager, Martinez, who seems to be turning them around."

Swansea are flying high in League One this season, three points clear of Nottingham Forest at the top of the table and with a game in hand.

The south Wales club maintained their momentum on Saturday by overcoming a spirited Luton, beating the financially stricken club 3-1 at Kenilworth Road.

Swansea had their own brush with liquidation in 2002 and Martinez has every sympathy with the Hatters' plight.

"It's a sad situation, a club like Luton Town with a huge history, to be in this situation and I think we all feel for them," Martinez said.

"We hope they will turn the corner very quickly and they will have a bright future."

Guest alankhaw

Wonder if he could do both jobs?  Don't exactly know what the Swiss job will entail, really.

Same as the England job with less players to pick from and less pressure from the press

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/7185930.stm

Sir John Hall has suggested that managerless Newcastle could consider Swansea City boss Roberto Martinez as a candidate to go to St James' Park.

The Magpies life president and former chairman told BBC 5 Live's Sportsweek that Martinez might be an outside bet.

"Do you go for a big name, like the (Guus) Hiddinks, or do you try and find someone who can give us the football we had under (Kevin) Keegan," Hall said.

"There's the Swansea manager, Martinez, who seems to be turning them around."

Swansea are flying high in League One this season, three points clear of Nottingham Forest at the top of the table and with a game in hand.

The south Wales club maintained their momentum on Saturday by overcoming a spirited Luton, beating the financially stricken club 3-1 at Kenilworth Road.

Swansea had their own brush with liquidation in 2002 and Martinez has every sympathy with the Hatters' plight.

"It's a sad situation, a club like Luton Town with a huge history, to be in this situation and I think we all feel for them," Martinez said.

"We hope they will turn the corner very quickly and they will have a bright future."

Not a big enough name for some fans, he would be booed after his first defeat

Guest Knightrider

Hitzfeld is arguably the best all-round manager in Europe, however I don't think even his appointment would pan out here as he would need quite a few years I feel as he's that type of manager, he's like Big Sam in that he likes to build things from the bottom up.

Houllier is a very good manager also and very experienced however his football doesn't tally with the owner's attacking football plans and he too would need a number of years and a great deal of money too and I wouldn't trust him with money as he bought poorly for Liverpool. He's also a negative or cautious manager. Big Sam with trophies in many ways.

Luis van Gaal wouldn't last 5 minutes here I feel and the players would soon get rid of him because they are either too thick or technically not good enough to deal with van Gaal's systems and coaching style. He is far more experimental, tinkering, arrogant and as confusing as Big Sam when it comes to coaching. If he was appointed it would be Gullit all over again in my opinion.

Out of those three I'd rather look at someone like Deschamps, Hiddink or an up and coming Italian manager if we are to go foreign and the more I think about it the more an Italian appeals. I've been rearing up on their game a lot over the past few months and it's now clear to see why so many Italian managers succeed outside their own country and that's because Italy actually has a coaching academy that trains their managers in every system, way of playing tactic and encourages them to learn new methods and to think outside of the box. The Italians are very adaptable and where football is concerned, they know the language very well, regardless of tongue. 

Manchini anyone?

That said I doubt we could attract any good foreign manager nor do I think that's what the owner wants, a foreigner in charge.

Would love Hitzfeld here ASAP, the man who should have replaced Sir Bobby.  Get him in quick and sign Van Buyten from Bayern before the end of the transfer deadline. Although any of the three names would be preferable to McClaren, Hughes or Jol.

I don't think that if he were to come, he'd bring van Buyten with him considering he's not getting many games in the current Bayern Munchen squad.

HTT man - I've the same reservations as you about v Gaal...and Ottmar Hitler too.

I think the only realistic and viable foreign coaches for us right now would have to be Jol or Houllier.

Guest Knightrider

Surely even our lot would have enough presence of mind to let Hitzfeld/Van Gaal/Houllier have a real go at the job, if appointed?

Wouldn't lay a bet on it, tbh.

If anything their names and pedigree would raise expectations even greater so I doubt it myself.

How easy it must be to slag off the fans who actually go and watch the dross every week.

Quite a chip on your shoulder there mate.

Well, actually, more of a licenced McCain's potato farm with on-site chip-processing factory, really...

But all entirely justified. They do like to kick us when we're down (which is far too often, tbh).

Guest alankhaw

The Telegraph is a very good paper in particular for sports and are usually very accurate with their information. They're fantasy football is good too. I don't work for them I swear

Vaan Gaal with loads of cash behind him would be awsome!

Arrogant as f*** as well, get him in!

So glad we dodged the Harry crapknapp bullet, je would have been no differen't.

Top foriegn coach loads of money behind him!  Can attract the top name players and has a supurb scouting system!

Step up Luis Van Gaal your time has come!