Somebody IS listening!

Dave

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article682592.ece

SIR JOHN HALL claims Newcastle fans never wanted Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp.

And the ex-owner and club chairman believes the Toon should court former Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier instead.

He said: “I am pleased that Harry has dropped out.

“None of the fans I have spoken to were behind him. They did not feel he was any better than Sam.

“I have a high regard for Gerard Houllier and he could do a job at Newcastle. He did well at Lyon.”

And Hall poured cold water on a potential partnership between Geordie icons Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer.

He added: “Alan is the most dedicated professional I have ever met.

“He will probably be a tremendous manager but I do not think he would be prepared to come in yet.

“Kevin has maybe had his time in football and is now doing other things.”

Hall is confident owner Mike Ashley and chairman Chris Mort can turn things around, even if he did not support the decision to sack Sam Allardyce.

He added: “I have a certain sympathy for Mike Ashley and Chris Mort.

“Ashley and his team are dedicated to the club. He has just come into the game and it takes time to get into the passion of the club.

“However I cannot understand the timing of Allardyce’s departure. I would have let him stay until the end of the season.

“The players let Allardyce down. The displays has been abysmal - probably some of the worst I have seen in 20 years.”

Agree, word for word. :thup:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article682592.ece

SIR JOHN HALL claims Newcastle fans never wanted Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp.

And the ex-owner and club chairman believes the Toon should court former Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier instead.

He said: “I am pleased that Harry has dropped out.

“None of the fans I have spoken to were behind him. They did not feel he was any better than Sam.

“I have a high regard for Gerard Houllier and he could do a job at Newcastle. He did well at Lyon.”

And Hall poured cold water on a potential partnership between Geordie icons Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer.

He added: “Alan is the most dedicated professional I have ever met.

“He will probably be a tremendous manager but I do not think he would be prepared to come in yet.

“Kevin has maybe had his time in football and is now doing other things.”

Hall is confident owner Mike Ashley and chairman Chris Mort can turn things around, even if he did not support the decision to sack Sam Allardyce.

He added: “I have a certain sympathy for Mike Ashley and Chris Mort.

“Ashley and his team are dedicated to the club. He has just come into the game and it takes time to get into the passion of the club.

“However I cannot understand the timing of Allardyce’s departure. I would have let him stay until the end of the season.

“The players let Allardyce down. The displays has been abysmal - probably some of the worst I have seen in 20 years.”

Agree, word for word. :thup:

Though he does go on to say Robert Martinez of Swansea would be an ideal candidate.... :-X

I was searching the swansea team page and the guy did something wonder and I beleive we have to find some jem like him from somewhere. We have to give time for Shearer first though.

Our fans would probably give him about two seconds. Maybe less.

I just checked, he's only 34! Just a year older than Butt.

I was searching the swansea team page and the guy did something wonder and I beleive we have to find some jem like him from somewhere. We have to give time for Shearer first though.

Butt's legs are actually 42  :cheesy:

Butt's legs are actually 42  :cheesy:

Geremee and Butt fight over oldest legs award in new toon trophy dilema?!  bluerazz.gif

I have to say, after him advocating Roberto Martinez earlier today I thought he'd lost it, but a lot of that rings true.

See the thing is... a lot of our fans, and especially on this messageboard, always wonder why we don't have the board which possesses the vision to uncover and employ a gem of a manager, as Arsenal did with Wenger. Granted, Wenger had had a bit more exposure before he moved to Arsenal. But remember, he was brought in from Grampus 8. Many would have thought if he was good enough, he would have been managing in Europe.

So why the immediate shooting down of an idea of a man from total obscurity like Martinez?

Yes, we must give tiem to a man with no managerial experience, and who has never shown any hint that he'd be a good manager. That's critical.

He has actually turned Swansea from a decent League 1 team to one of if not the best League 1 team. Leeds would be top if they didn't have their points deduction this season but at times Swansea have been awesome lately.

Martinez has got Swansea playing free flowing football but the team can get stuck in aswell.

Don't think he is quite right for the Newcastle job at the moment. He has only been in management for a year and a half and has yet had to deal with a crisis or a major drop in form. A good test next season will be if Swansea do get to the Championship, it will be a tough old season there.