The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Papers just telling it like it is all along shocker.

Not quite true.

A lot of the opinion pieces have been utter s****.  But I couldn't really argue with any of the match reports that said we were s*** the last few months.

Of course Martin Samuel, Jimmy Greavous and the rumour mongering twats will be in no way compelled to chow down on humble pie.

I remember in the season we went up, Ian St John and Jimmy Greaves were still doing that Saturday morning preview show. They had just showed highlights of us beating yet another team and extending our lead at the top further. Ian St John ask Greaves about it and all he said was "Well the best team in that league is the 'appy hammers".

That comment has stuck with me for a long while we won that championship at a canter and when given the opportunity to praise a truely worthy achievement, a cockney biased wanker like Greaves chooses instead to promote a lesser team from his neck of the woods.

Fuck me, I thought I hated Jimmy Greaves, but your resentment goes back over a decade. Top stuff.

Guest fraser

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/martin_samuel/article3517413.ece

I particulary appreciated rereading what the scruffy, fat, dandruff-ridden (did you see him on Sunday Supplement last Sunday?) buffoon Samuels wrote on March 10th.

What knowledge and understanding he showed of football, what prescience and acumen!

His article annoyed me on first reading; this time it made me giggle. You'd think he'd find another job.

What will he write now. Now that Kevin Keegan is proving him wrong.

It really rankles when a pygmy in terms of sporting achievement like him can be given free rein to personally attack the credentials of a footballing giant like Kevin Keegan.

Who is he to pontificate to the rest of us that KK does not understand modern football.

Samuels needs to look in the mirror and shape up and shut up.

The Geordies are back to ram his words back down his poisonous throat.

Bugger, am I the only one still debating on this thread :) Well it's make a pleasant change to be not riddiculed for my ridiculous statements :)

Load of bollocks.

lol

Not quite true.

A lot of the opinion pieces have been utter s****.  But I couldn't really argue with any of the match reports that said we were s*** the last few months.

Of course Martin Samuel, Jimmy Greavous and the rumour mongering twats will be in no way compelled to chow down on humble pie.

I remember in the season we went up, Ian St John and Jimmy Greaves were still doing that Saturday morning preview show. They had just showed highlights of us beating yet another team and extending our lead at the top further. Ian St John ask Greaves about it and all he said was "Well the best team in that league is the 'appy hammers".

That comment has stuck with me for a long while we won that championship at a canter and when given the opportunity to praise a truely worthy achievement, a cockney biased w****** like Greaves chooses instead to promote a lesser team from his neck of the woods.

f*** me, I thought I hated Jimmy Greaves, but your resentment goes back over a decade. Top stuff.

Yeah I've read that back, jeez I do sound ever so petty but it was just one of those little comments that has stuck in my mind. I wounder if I ever bumped into him (well his zimmer frame probably by now) and said "Do you remember when you said...." he would have a clue what I was on about ?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/03/31/tottenham-1-4-newcastle-89520-20368725/

The comment of 'Newcastle humiliated them to such an extent that White Hart Lane was virtually empty by the time the final whistle blew as disgusted fans voted with their feet. The supporters who did stay until the end booed their own players off and rightly so.' manged to really get my back up - apparently by the looks of it any other  fans can walk out on or can boo their Champions League winning team (Liverpool) or Minor Cup winning team (Tottenham) and it's rightfully justified, but we can do the same watching possibly the worst football produced since the Premier League was formed and we're a bunch of twats who are responsible for getting rid of the greatest manager since Brian Clough popped his drunken clogs.  Bastards.

Not quite true.

That comment has stuck with me for a long while we won that championship at a canter and when given the opportunity to praise a truely worthy achievement, a cockney biased w****** like Greaves chooses instead to promote a lesser team from his neck of the woods.

f*** me, I thought I hated Jimmy Greaves, but your resentment goes back over a decade. Top stuff.

I was living in the midlands during that season and the Football match shown on ITV was different per region.  So had to listen to Greaves  prattle on after crappy midlands Division one games.  One week we were playing Swindon live (Not sure how Swindon was classed as a midlands team).  The game ended 0-0 and was probably the best 0-0 game I had seen.  A really fantastic performance from both teams if I remember correct.  It came time to give the man of the match.  Greaves gave the man of the match to the entire Swindon team.  I am still pissed off to this day about that :rant:

I posted this somewhere else but it's probably relevant to this thread now.

Rather than health warnings and government sponsored campaigns to make young people aware of the long term consequences of binge drinking, they should just look and listen to Jimmy Greaves.

That would scare anyone to moderation.

Guest sombrero

iv only just read the article and what a bastard, hate when ppl talk way too soon for their own good!

McManaman was full of praise for us on his show on Setanta last night. The presenter was saying how Keegan wants 5-6 new players to get us up into the top 6-8 places, and asked Macca if he was realistic with that, and he replied something along the lines of...

"Add 5 or 6 players and do I think an already fantastic squad can finish top 6? Definitely."

Thinks we have the pulling power with the likes of Owen, Viduka, Martins and many other international players to be an attractive proposition to other top players.

Aye the press have been pretty kind this week. Most of the match reports I have read have praised us for a slick passing game and playing football "how it should be played" calling it "Keegan football at it's brilliant best". This is a good article: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sunsport_columnists/article1006538.ece

not quite everybodys `2nd favourite team` yet but if we keep playing like we are we might get there sometime again

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/martin_samuel/article3517413.ece

I particulary appreciated rereading what the scruffy, fat, dandruff-ridden (did you see him on Sunday Supplement last Sunday?) buffoon Samuels wrote on March 10th.

What knowledge and understanding he showed of football, what prescience and acumen!

His article annoyed me on first reading; this time it made me giggle. You'd think he'd find another job.

I know he'll probably not read it, but I've sent him an email just reminding him what he wrote and what an idiot he is. Made me feel better anyway.

They are fairly spouting some shite on sky sports news right now. They are making out that Keegan is going to be unhappy in the summer when the board don't make the signings that he wants and that he might be working under Wise and Veterre.

They are fairly spouting some shite on sky sports news right now. They are making out that Keegan is going to be unhappy in the summer when the board don't make the signings that he wants and that he might be working under Wise and Veterre.

Just mentioned it in the pre-match thread. Simply a load of bollocks based on nothing.

:lol:

So Keegan is going to walk because he won't be signing the players, we'll need to spend £80M to get 'anywhere near' the top six, the recent change in form has been due to Viduka's return alone and everybody wanted to leave before the Birmingham game.

Right-o.

Guest Chubby Jason

Can I just note that Paul Merson must have very compromising pictures or video footage of Rupert Murdoch to continue to be paid by BSKYB. Not only can he not talk properly/not even bother paying attention to any other teams apart from Arsenal, POMPEY and Villa when he does try to give an opinion on a team that obviously cares very little for he comes out with the biggest load of drivel you will hear anywhere on a Saturday afternoon. I just heard him say that NUFC will have to spend £80million+ to "even threaten the top 6". WHAT?! The man really is a fool; probably his worst character trait is when he just starts chuckling to himself for no real reason while the rest of the panel have to join and laugh along even though there is no reason to what-so-ever.

What a prick that man is.

Guest Chubby Jason

Haha Chubby Jason, bored of the other forum? ;)

Oh yes you could say that.

That place has become a bad joke, I decided I was going to stop posting there when they threatened to delete my account because I disagreed with something Mark said. That and it is now impossible to make a single post without Deffy responding with poorly written reply explaining as to why he's going to "lock" the thread.

No one posts there anymore anyway, and it's plain to see why.

Guest Knightrider

I canceled my SKY subscription the other week because of the shite they spout about NUFC. Fuck them. Can honestly say I don't miss it and that extra 45 quid a month gives me an extra night out after the match, money well spent as opposed to wasted.

I had to smile when I heard Ian Danter on Talksport talking about Newcastle's recent up turn in form the other day.

He started talking about the fact that the improvement has happened since Keegan "Stumbled" upon the 3 pronged attack formation of Owen, Viduka and Martins.

Fuck off you Blue Nose twat. Give Keegan some credit for working it out himself and making it happen.