The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

They're a lot weaker now, though. They don't have players of Gerrard's and Torres' ilk when they were firing on all cylinders.

Have an awful feeling they'll spawn their way into 4th, mind, since they're, well, spawny bastards.

They're a lot weaker now, though. They don't have players of Gerrard's and Torres' ilk when they were firing on all cylinders.

Have an awful feeling they'll spawn their way into 4th, mind, since they're, well, spawny bastards.

Reina

Johnson              Skrtel                      Agger              Jose

Adam                      Gerrard

Bellamy                      Suarez                      Downing

Carroll

Are you telling me if you get them playing together they couldn't challenge?

Behave. I hate Liverpool as much as the next guy, but that's as good as the current shite being turned out at all the other 'Big' clubs, with the possible exception of Citeh. Only difference is the manager, The King is so deluded he can't see what everyone else can, he's rivaling Wenger in the deluded stakes.

They couldn't win it with Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Gerrard in form and a better manager never mind the overpriced mediocre lot they have now.

I daresay if we were able to put out Krul, Simpson, Colo, Taylor, Santon, Marveaux, Cabaye, Tiote, Jonas, Ba, HBA (or any variation you like that you think is our strongest fit XI) every single week, you could argue that's a better side on the infamous paper than that Liverpool one.

I daresay if we were able to put out Krul, Simpson, Colo, Taylor, Santon, Marveaux, Cabaye, Tiote, Jonas, Ba, HBA (or any variation you like that you think is our strongest fit XI) every single week, you could argue that's a better side on the infamous paper than that Liverpool one.

That team, drool.

A good table would be how many of Liverpoo's chances has Andy Carroll wasted? :D

Harsh on Carroll IMO. .

He could be a success there if they just played to his strengths. Ridiculous to think that Chelsea and Liverpool have both spunked so much wedge on strikers and then completely ignore them when setting up their teams and tactics.  :idiot2:

They haven't really ignored the team and tactics though. They bought Downing because he was supposed to be crossing the ball onto his head and Adam for his set pieces.

Fact of the matter is Carroll simply isn't playing well at all. You can put crosses into the box all day long but the striker has to be anticipating the ball. Carroll hasn't been doing it at all, he doesn't gamble or try to get into the right areas. Even when he does get to the ball he fluffs the headers, which is one thing I always said when he was here - he's not actually got a fantastic heading technique considering his strength aerially. He's getting bullied by just about every CB in the league. He's not even working hard FFS, and if he's not doing that then he may as well pack it in now because it's not like he's got the natural technique, pace or intelligence to play his way into games.

It's a train of thought to say that Liverpool aren't playing to his strengths enough and this excuses Carroll, but I don't buy it at all. In fact I think they are trying to but he's simply playing terribly for whatever reason.

Reina

Carroll

Half of the defence isn't good enough, the forward isn't built to play the way they do, Bellamy's too old and Downing doesn't create enough goals. Oh and Adam's overrated.

They sort all that out and they're a shoe-in for the title though  O0

Reina

Carroll

Half of the defence isn't good enough, the forward isn't built to play the way they do, Bellamy's too old and Downing doesn't create enough goals. Oh and Adam's overrated.

Reverse Gerrard's ageing as well. Easy. :thup:

Fuck's sake, add an extra fullback and striker option into the mix.  :drool:

I'll buy that Carroll has been playing poorly, but nowhere near as bad as is being made out. He's being held up as a scapegoat to excuse the shitness of Dalgleish. I haven't seen loads of Liverpool this season but I've have seen a few occasions where Carroll came off the bench in place of Downing, which made little sense to me. 'On Paper' they took good players and made them play average. It's the managers job to get the best out of them, to find a way that to make it work. I'm not saying I know how they should play, just that I can see quality in there that isn't being realised.

I'll also buy that the current team is inferior to the one of Alonso, Mascherano, Torres et al, I'll even buy that Benitez was a better manager, but in my opinion he was the reason why they didn't win it. He made some ridiculous decisions at times and undermined the quality of the team. It speaks volumes that he has been out of work as long as he has.

For me the only team with real strength in depth is City. The rest are much of a muchness. It's a mediocre premier league and the top teams have been getting steadily worse over the last couple of years. It's why we should be pushing on as we have a great chance of achieving something, mainly due to how piss poor the rest of the league is.

Reina

Carroll

Their defence is superb, in fairness to them.

I'll buy that Carroll has been playing poorly, but nowhere near as bad as is being made out. He's being held up as a scapegoat to excuse the shitness of Dalgleish. I haven't seen loads of Liverpool this season but I've have seen a few occasions where Carroll came off the bench in place of Downing, which made little sense to me. 'On Paper' they took good players and made them play average. It's the managers job to get the best out of them, to find a way that to make it work. I'm not saying I know how they should play, just that I can see quality in there that isn't being realised.

I'll also buy that the current team is inferior to the one of Alonso, Mascherano, Torres et al, I'll even buy that Benitez was a better manager, but in my opinion he was the reason why they didn't win it. He made some ridiculous decisions at times and undermined the quality of the team. It speaks volumes that he has been out of work as long as he has.

For me the only team with real strength in depth is City. The rest are much of a muchness. It's a mediocre premier league and the top teams have been getting steadily worse over the last couple of years. It's why we should be pushing on as we have a great chance of achieving something, mainly due to how piss poor the rest of the league is.

Maybe Downing, Carroll, Adam etc are simply average players?

I've always thought Downing and Adam were and Carroll is certainly smashing my previous assesment of him right now.

Reina

Carroll

Their defence is superb, in fairness to them.

It's probably the only part of their team currently functioning. Bellamy might be getting on but he's shown enough this season to suggest he has 60-70 minutes in him, considering his work rate that's pretty impressive. Downing has quality, but it's inconsistent. He's been one of the top creators over the last few seasons, it's dried up for some reason. Adam is overrated, but that doesn't mean he isn't a decent player, just not as good as the media would have everyone think. I think they'd rather play Lucas in there but as he's crocked that isn't an option.