Deschamps jumps from 80/1 to favourite with bookmakers

Guest hindu times
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest jimmy1982

Still trying to think of a song that would suit him!

He's not got the most lyrical name in the world!

We Are Deschampions

Still trying to think of a song that would suit him!

He's not got the most lyrical name in the world!

Deschamps hates the mackems, Deschamps hates the mackems, na na na na, na na na na

?

Sometimes simple is best!

It's starting to take over my life now.

I think I'd be happy with a Gary Megson-esque appointment if it means being able to get some work done!  :lol:

Full week now isn't it?

I know were all supposed to be impatient cockends etc...but i think a wasted week in the transfer window is a serious offence by the board.

Get someone in man FFS.

For crying out loud mate!! Sure, it would be nice to have had someone in place who will have enough time to spend some money on new players. But is that more important at this minute than finding the right man for the job?

If the board rushed an appointment just to catch the bloody window, fans will piss and moan that they rushed and got the wrong man. Damned if they do, damned if they don't!

Get a grip...sort of :p

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Argh stop fucking linking to that wankfest of a forum.  It makes my eyes bleed everytime I look at it.  They are obsessed with us on there.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

The length of time it takes us to appoint / sign anyone you'd think they'd have to fly in to London and take a horse 'n cart up to Newcastle.

Guest Christian Hayne

Most people thought there was something in the reports about Deschamps last night, however now that his agent has come out and said that there has been no contact with Newcastle, the odds have drifted right back out to 8-1 in places. Can't see him flying in today if no contact has been made at all.

Craigy going on about Faith Terim now!

Fatih Terim?

He'll certainly get something out of Emre. Turkish coach if I'm not mistaken.

yup.  Only caught his name, but it was Craigy talking about it.  I'll keep an eye out and see if its repeated.

He said that Sir Bobby had put Faith Terim's name forward as a possible candidate.

Ahh right.  Well there you go.

Guest Urban Fox

Deschamps could go and nick Nedved who would do the job we've been screaming out for someone in black and white to do this season - never mind his age, he could be to owen what beardsley was to cole.  He'd probably cost nowt too!

Keegan and Hughes have gone back to favourite and second favourite with Deschamps down to third.

This whole press speculation shambles is getting silly now, especially SSN, i mean they've came up with another name today, Fatih Terim, they clearly dont know anything.

You also have to remember that with three of our transfer signings this summer (Rozehnal, Cacapa, Beye), the French press knew what was going on and reported it long before the British press had any proper inkling.

Keegan and Hughes have gone back to favourite and second favourite with Deschamps down to third.

This whole press speculation shambles is getting silly now, especially SSN, i mean they've came up with another name today, Fatih Terim, they clearly dont know anything.

I think Sky Sports News has turned into an extended betting scam to be honest.

I think Sky Sports News has turned into an extended betting scam to be honest.

Its starting to look that way, what price for Terim being favourite by the end of today?