Deschamps jumps from 80/1 to favourite with bookmakers

Guest hindu times
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some French football correspondent (Xavier something or other -  he's been on Talksport with Gabriel Marcotti in the past) was on an Irish radio station (Newstalk) this evening saying he had been in contact with Deschamps' agent and was told the Newcastle lead is way off, but that the Ireland job is a possibility.

Deschamps is starting to sound too good to be true.

was nice while it lasted.

What about his quotes though?

Is this Xavier guy not the guy who just a few hours ago told Talksport it's Deschamps we're going for?

Dunno. I mean the quotes from Deschamps as reported by the Telegraph.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48952.msg1159531#msg1159531

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Some French football correspondent (Xavier something or other -  he's been on Talksport with Gabriel Marcotti in the past) was on an Irish radio station (Newstalk) this evening saying he had been in contact with Deschamps' agent and was told the Newcastle lead is way off, but that the Ireland job is a possibility.

Is this Xavier guy not the guy who just a few hours ago told Talksport it's Deschamps we're going for?

Dunno. I mean the quotes from Deschamps as reported by the Telegraph.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48952.msg1159531#msg1159531

What about Ashley's quotes in NOTW?

Guest kinaldo

He (Xavier) completely dismissed the idea, said it won't happen. And that Houllier would be mad to join Newcastle coz he's such a Liverpool fan and has a cosy job in France.

the quotes saying "no approach"?  :undecided:

by tomorrow the chase will probably have moved on to pastures new.

His agent might think that Xavier is a total knob though, so deliberately threw him off the scent to make him look a fool (probably because he knew he would go on every radio station conceivable and blab about it)

Hard to know what to believe nowadays

He said "No official approach", think about it...

I'm torn.  One geezer (Xavier) dismisses it, while it seems the rags are ready to go all out and say were after him, with supposed quotes from the man himself saying he'd find it an interesting challenge.

More bollocks.

I was very sceptical about the bookies odds and the papers reporting of Redknapp but eventually there was something in it.

I am guessing that some kind of conversation has taken place with him and/or his advisors, its probably the level of those talks that are being expanded out of proportion

tbh I wish Kevin "I won't rule anything in or out" Keegan would go back to his f****** cave and steer clear of the media

its embarassing.

Thats very harsh on him, from what i saw he was pretty pissed off the media were hounding him and theres nothing wrong with what he said.

tbh I wish Kevin "I won't rule anything in or out" Keegan would go back to his f****** cave and steer clear of the media

its embarassing.

Yes, how dare he walk home in a public place and have a camera and microphone shoved in his face. The fucking cheek of the man.

Considering how badly the whole Redknapp thing looked I'm sure we have told each person we spoke to to keep it quiet as there are a number of candidates we are looking at.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have spoken to both Houllier and Deschamps and they have been told to be discreet i.e. no blabbing to the media.

its embarassing.

Yes, how dare he walk home in a public place and have a camera and microphone shoved in his face. The fucking cheek of the man.

How Sky could call that an Interview I will never know.

Considering how badly the whole Redknapp thing looked I'm sure we have told each person we spoke to to keep it quiet as there are a number of candidates we are looking at.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have spoken to both Houllier and Deschamps and they have been told to be discreet i.e. no blabbing to the media.

PRIZEWINNORRRMMMMGZ.

Didier Deschamps quit as coach of AS Monaco 16 months after leading the team to the final of Europe's elite Champions League.

Deschamps resigned after the club slipped to 15th in the 20-team French first division standings. Monaco lost, 2-0, at home to Rennes on Sunday, its fourth loss in seven matches.

omg.