Deschamps jumps from 80/1 to favourite with bookmakers

Guest hindu times
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've been doing a bit of scouring on t'net, and so far the only sites that are mentioning the "no french schools" story are the Guardian and a shitty site called MyFreeFoot, which says:

"It remains to know his intentions and his envy of the moment. One could, however, hamper the arrival of the Basque in northern England: the absence of a french high school in the town for his son.  So Deschamps at the helm of white and black? The coming days will give us the answer."

The Guardian claim that L'Equipe are reporting it, but i can't find anything on their official site.

Sounds like they are "suggesting" it could be a problem more than anything. Probably because of the Man City thing in the summer.

Right now we are holding our hopes on threads of information, ridiculas betting odds and poor non stop coverage from SSN. I urge people to calm down.

All we can be sure of is that Mort and Co are identifing possible european candidates such as the likes of Deschamps and Houllier. This for me means they are going down the correct sort of chanells. Even if the Deschamps stuff was a tad premature they will be well aware of him now and hopefully having a look at the same sort of stuff we have been.

On 5M a year he could buy a fookin french school.

On a serious note, the papers are loving this, stop lining their two faced pockets and wait for an announcement.

If it was Deschamps, I would not be too disappointed.  He would certinaly need more than 24 games however.  Would the fans give him this?  Not so sure.

We would expect a 7-0 win against Bolton.

Guest elbee909

On 5M a year he could buy a fookin french school.

On a serious note, the papers are loving this, stop lining their two faced pockets and wait for an announcement.

If it was Deschamps, I would not be too disappointed.  He would certinaly need more than 24 games however.  Would the fans give him this?  Not so sure.

I'd settle for an 8-0 home win. ;)

To do what, win the league?, don't be stupid..

That French bloke from France Football has just been on Talksport again and is still convinced that Deschamps will be the one.  Said that if he did come, there would be a lot of transfer activity (in and out) before the end of the transfer window but would not discuss names until he had been appointed!

France Football is highly reputable, which gives me hope the Deschamps link is more than bollocks.

EDIT...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/6743165.stm - France Football say Henry is on his way to Barca, agent threatens legal action

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6238712.stm - Henry completes move to Barca a fortnight later

Guest jimmy1982

France Football is highly reputable, which gives me hope the Deschamps link is more than bollocks.

Aye it is a quality publication.

Guest bluegeordie

Why does he want to go to French school? Surely he already knows French?? There's plenty of good English schools up here, that's what he needs.

Absolutely. After all, he might want to manage a shop one day :coolsmiley:

Alan Oliver, today in the Chronicle:

Meanwhile, I was contacted by the Deschamps camp by Jamie Ladjemi, a leading agent in French football, who were keen to put the claims of their man who captained France to victory in the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000, as well as leading Monaco to its first Champions League final as coach in 2004.

Ladjemi told me today: "I have spoken to Chris Mort about Didier, but he has not come back to me."

Deschamps turned down the chance to manage Manchester City before Sven-Goran Eriksson because there was no suitable French school for his son in the North West.

I believe that that is where we are with all of this manager stuff. We've had brief conversations with reps of each candidate, and now we're mulling it over. before approaching who we want.

That would really confirm for me that he is interested in the job or their would be absolutely no reason for them to "come back to me".

Aye it is a quality publication.

According to wiki "It's one of the most reputable sports publications in Europe, mostly because of their photographic reports and accurate statistics"

Someone obviously agrees with you.

Meanwhile, I was contacted by the Deschamps camp by Jamie Ladjemi, a leading agent in French football, who were keen to put the claims of their man who captained France to victory in the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000, as well as leading Monaco to its first Champions League final as coach in 2004.

Ladjemi told me today: "I have spoken to Chris Mort about Didier, but he has not come back to me."

Deschamps turned down the chance to manage Manchester City before Sven-Goran Eriksson because there was no suitable French school for his son in the North West.

I believe that that is where we are with all of this manager stuff. We've had brief conversations with reps of each candidate, and now we're mulling it over. before approaching who we want.

That would really confirm for me that he is interested in the job or their would be absolutely no reason for them to "come back to me".

by the way his agent (ladjemi) lived in newcastle for ages so theres a good chance he has been talkin us up to deschamps.

by the way his agent (ladjemi) lived in newcastle for ages so theres a good chance he has been talkin us up to deschamps.

Really?

How do you know this?

Really?

How do you know this?

and what school did his kids go to?