Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

I don't think people have said he is the best manager ever BUT he is ahead of SBR for me

Agreed - SBR was just as interested in money as KK ever was, hence the reason he turned SJH down when he was asked to take over from KK after he resigned in 97....SBR knew Barca were going to fire him and appoint LVG, but he wanted the pay-off. It was the second time he turned NUFC down as he was asked to be manager after Joe Harvey in 1975 when he was at Ipswich but refused again.

He may have had good reasons but the fact that he turned us down twice takes away any claim he may have had to be on a par with KK ; SBR was a self-confessed fan from boyhood too but he was past his best as a manager by the time he joined us although he did a great job in stabilizing the ship after Gullit. He was almost as old as Harry Redknapp is now and nobody on here would dream of having Redknapp as manager.

Was also waiting for an upstairs job at Barca too.

Guest Roger Kint

John Carvery's twitter?

Russell Gilmore ‏@Russell_Gilmore Feb 14

Couldnt disagree more when people heap praise on KK.Bailed on us twice, only succeeded to fail, had no tactics & couldnt hack mind games

John Carvery's twitter?

Couldnt disagree more when people heap praise on KK.Bailed on us twice, only succeeded to fail, had no tactics & couldnt hack mind games

:rolleyes:

Even if everyone in China rolled their eyes at this, it wouldn't be enough. 

Guest Roger Kint

John Carvery's twitter?

Succeeded to fail is the most galling part. As though his acheivements were nothing at all except a lost title race :rolleyes:

I don't think people have said he is the best manager ever BUT he is ahead of SBR for me

Agreed - SBR was just as interested in money as KK ever was, hence the reason he turned SJH down when he was asked to take over from KK after he resigned in 97....SBR knew Barca were going to fire him and appoint LVG, but he wanted the pay-off. It was the second time he turned NUFC down as he was asked to be manager after Joe Harvey in 1975 when he was at Ipswich but refused again.

He may have had good reasons but the fact that he turned us down twice takes away any claim he may have had to be on a par with KK ; SBR was a self-confessed fan from boyhood too but he was past his best as a manager by the time he joined us although he did a great job in stabilizing the ship after Gullit. He was almost as old as Harry Redknapp is now and nobody on here would dream of having Redknapp as manager.

You f***ing what? Considering he said it was out of a sense of loyalty, that's a shocker if you can back that up.

YOU f===king what..??? Can YOU back up your view - and it is ONLY a view - that he was 'loyal' to Barcelona ?? Would you be loyal to a firm you knew was going to replace you if your lifelong favourite company offered you the top job - UNLESS you knew the firing firm were going to give you a good pay-off..?

Get real - you need to get into the real world.

Fair point. I suppose I do.

Give me 5, just got to drop a post in the other thread then I'll split.

John Carvery's twitter?

Succeeded to fail is the most galling part. As though his acheivements were nothing at all except a lost title race :rolleyes:

Unfortunately that's the view of a lot of Newcastle fans who are too young to remember, there's a lad on another forum who hates Keegan and keeps trying to compare Pardew with Bobby Robson.

Basically the entire Geordie stereotype stems from those era's which they never got to experience first hand and there's a lot of resentment because of it so they make it their mission in life to prove that they're this grounded fan, the one sane and sensible geordie floating above the sea of delusion so they follow the general nationwide view (bottled the title, quitter, look at that video man get a grip etc) in order to fit in.

Or maybe that lad on the other forum is just genuinely insane, he did come out with this gem just one week ago;

"Also, I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years, and I genuinely can't think of many better CB's than Mike Williamson Newcastle have had in that time. - Seriously he's currently 4th."

John Carvery's twitter?

Unfortunately that's the view of a lot of Newcastle fans who are too young to remember, there's a lad on another forum who hates Keegan and keeps trying to compare Pardew with Bobby Robson.

Basically the entire Geordie stereotype stems from those era's which they never got to experience first hand and there's a lot of resentment because of it so they make it their mission in life to prove that they're this grounded fan, the one sane and sensible geordie floating above the sea of delusion so they follow the general nationwide view (bottled the title, quitter, look at that video man get a grip etc) in order to fit in.

Just dont know what the club was back in 92. A shit crumbling stadium without even the most basic of cover for the majority of fans, 15,000 attendences, literally no money for players and staring the old Division 3 square on in the face. Although credit must be given to others also I dread to think what would have happened if KK had chosen to remain on the golf course in Spain. Never won anything for us but he was the catalyst for what we became and what a ride that was.

Guest firetotheworks

John Carvery's twitter?

Or maybe that lad on the other forum is just genuinely insane, he did come out with this gem just one week ago;

"Also, I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years, and I genuinely can't think of many better CB's than Mike Williamson Newcastle have had in that time. - Seriously he's currently 4th."

Jesus Christ, that's staggeringly (and I don't use this word lightly) retarded.

John Carvery's twitter?

Dementia rates recently gone through the roof on Tyneside or what?

• 1 month later...
Guest antz1uk

not sure if it's just an after dinner speaker company type thing, he is probably contracted to them