Mark Viduka

Baggio

Just so when the window closes and no one has signed i can be the first to say

SHEPHERD OUT

£70m spent in 2 years and that's what you come up with.  :lol:

Jesus wept!

Aye, but the money hasn't been spent wisely. We seem to get sucked into a last minute spending frenzy towards the end of every transfer window. What do we think of the purchases of Luque and Boomsong, to name just two?

Shepherd is directly responsible for this shambles!

In that case, blame Souness & Roeder. Shepherd can't be blamed for backing his managers.

Entirely his fault for appointing fucking Souness though.

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is the only dissapointment i have with the deadline day deals. We tried to call Middlesboroughs bluff and it backfired spectacularly, with us ending up with Antoine the great!!!

The Bridge transfer was always a priority but unfortunately was out of our hands. I am sure Roeder was confident on this deal as was Bridge howver with the Cole deal dragging on so long it was in the end impossible. I do not balme NUFC for this transfer, however they should have got assurances from Chelsea before hand.

I dont think one Newcastle fan would have been pleased if we splashed out 3 mil on a foreign left back only for Bridge to become availible at the 11th hour and go to Spuds.

This is the only dissapointment i have with the deadline day deals. We tried to call Middlesboroughs bluff and it backfired spectacularly, with us ending up with Antoine the great!!!

The Bridge transfer was always a priority but unfortunately was out of our hands. I am sure Roeder was confident on this deal as was Bridge howver with the Cole deal dragging on so long it was in the end impossible. I do not balme NUFC for this transfer, however they should have got assurances from Chelsea before hand.

I dont think one Newcastle fan would have been pleased if we splashed out 3 mil on a foreign left back only for Bridge to become availible at the 11th hour and go to Spuds.

I do:

From The Sun:

Chelsea had hoped to offload Wayne Bridge, 25, to Newcastle.

But the move collapsed when Newcastle insisted he join initially on loan until Christmas with a view to a permanent deal in January.

I do:

From The Sun:

But the move collapsed when Newcastle insisted he join initially on loan until Christmas with a view to a permanent deal in January.

if that is true - it is absolutely schocking! the player we've been after for ages, available for at very reasonable fee - fuck you freddy

there really cannot be much cash left

Guest sicko2ndbest

I do:

From The Sun:

I did read this, however, i am sceptical. If we had signed Bridge this transfer window would have been seen as a success, and public satisfaction would have been assured, something Freddie craves. 3 million for public satisfaction is alot cheaper than the 17 he spent last year

I know Freddy is a clown, but this would be a new low if it were true

Guest aclennell

Just so when the window closes and no one has signed i can be the first to say

SHEPHERD OUT

£70m spent in 2 years and that's what you come up with.  :lol:

Jesus wept!

Aye, but the money hasn't been spent wisely. We seem to get sucked into a last minute spending frenzy towards the end of every transfer window. What do we think of the purchases of Luque and Boomsong, to name just two?

Shepherd is directly responsible for this shambles!

In that case, blame Souness & Roeder. Shepherd can't be blamed for backing his managers.

No blame Shepherd he appointed those two in the first place. I like Roeder as a person and know he loves the club but he is not the person to take this club forward and neither is Shepherd.

I did read this, however, i am sceptical. If we had signed Bridge this transfer window would have been seen as a success, and public satisfaction would have been assured, something Freddie craves. 3 million for public satisfaction is alot cheaper than the 17 he spent last year

I know Freddy is a clown, but this would be a new low if it were true

It's something to do with the takeover. If we had sold Milner, we would have got Bridge. Freddy wants as much money as possible for when the club gets taken over. I just hope it happens soon to give us a new era.

His contract is up at the end of the season so you'll prob sign a pre-contract agree-ment with him coz i doubt we'll offer him another contract to be honest.

He's a class player when he can be arsed just lacks motivation,he'd be class if we had a speedy little player along side him.Yakubu for some reason doesn't like playing along side anyone,he always plays better upfront on his own.I think Viduka would be a class signing for you lot (although i hope not)

Guest Alan Shearer 9

We could do better, it's sad that he's the current object of the club's affections.

Shows how far we've gone down.

after we just signed Martins and Duff ffs, get a grip

We could do better, it's sad that he's the current object of the club's affections.

And Sibierski and Bernard. And been rebuffed for Lucas Neill. Lucas fucking Neill.

We remain small time. Even more so if we go for Viduka again.

And Sibierski and Bernard. And been rebuffed for Lucas Neill. Lucas fucking Neill.

is that the same lucas fucking neill that the 5 times european champs and current f.c cup olders were rebuffed for???

Guest elbee909

is that the same lucas fucking neill that the 5 times european champs and current f.c cup olders were rebuffed for???

Can't help but feel that if Barca really wanted him for anything other than backup, they would have him now.

Not really, when everyone is fit he'd be back up to Owen and Martins.

Decent player who can come in and do a job when needed.

In January I'd rather we splashed a few million on a younger striker, a good young target man. Even when Owen and Martins are both fit, it's going to be very difficult to accommodate them in the same team. Viduka may be a stop gap until June but I think this will be his last productive season and we would have to buy someone else in the summer anyway. We'd be buying him for 5 months, yet we'd probably have to give him an 18-month contract or more (and his wages are said to be pretty high indeed). With Owen, Martins, Ameobi and a young target man we'd be sorted for years to come, with Viduka we'd have the same problem a few months later of needing yet another striker. I haven't included Luque in that list as I expect him to be sold in January to fund a new striker and I hope that striker is not Viduka.

I can't believe Roeders not giving up on him. WTF! Somebody tell him we DON'T want that Fat Aussie overhere!  :wullie:

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_objectid=17671977%26method=full%26siteid=50081%26headline=return%2dto%2doz%2d-name_page.html

Would you rather take Viduka or Tristan?

Clearly, Roeder believes Newcastle need a THIRD sick note waving tosser on the clubs books contributing nothing and TAKING umpteen thousands a week while being hardly complimentary about us to their friends.

Yeah, they've never bought a pup, have they.

I've never read anything remotely positive of yours. If he isn't good enough for you then who would you suggest we buy? You keep on saying we're an average team so who do you expect us to buy? Ferreira? Frankly, he's a good player and I'm sure people like Benitez and Roeder who know loads more about football than you seem to think so too.

I've never read anything remotely positive of yours. If he isn't good enough for you then who would you suggest we buy? You keep on saying we're an average team so who do you expect us to buy? Ferreira? Frankly, he's a good player and I'm sure people like Benitez and Roeder who know loads more about football than you seem to think so too.

So Benitez hasn't bought any pups?

SAF has bought soem bad 'uns. All managers have, it happens.

Lucas Neill would have been one of them.

So Benitez hasn't bought any pups?

SAF has bought soem bad 'uns. All managers have, it happens.

Lucas Neill would have been one of them.

And you know this how? The guy is a proven premier league player. I don't understand how you can't see that, he's been consistent in the premiership and had a good world cup. Who do you think Roeder should have gone for then? Please enlighten me.