Mark Viduka

Baggio

Guest teepee

viduka for 1m plus 40k wages would amount to about the same as nugent for 5m on 15k wages over a three year period......

Guest Geordiesned

Boro Director has said in Woodgate press conference that Viduka is going nowhere and will stay at Boro this season.

Hope we're not wasting our time trying to persuade Boro to sell a player that they don't want to sell and who none of us actually want anyway!

This time last year freddy shepperd said that James Milner is going nowhere, within a few hours he signed for Villa on loan and we got nobby back. The lesson to be learnt is that CHAIRMAN TALK SHITE FOR MORE MONEY!

Lamb simply wants the toon to up their price, i suspect we will.

on an up point Malbranque is out for 10 weeks, even though, spurs have still signed him.

Seemed like a made replacement for Milner, but maybe Roeder actually believes Dyer will be able to play more than a couple of matches this season and sees him as the replacement, either way he is wired if he doesnt get some kind of replacement in.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Viduka would have been a great signing. Lamb sounded extremely confident Viduka was staying, he would look like a right ass if this changed

I keep forgetting Dyer, probably justifiably, but you never know - he might do a job for us this season on the right.

Only if Solano or Duff get injured.

You'd have Nobby ahead of Dyer (hypothetically at full fitness)?

We need another striker with Owen out, Ameobi unfit and Luque crap.

never a truer word spoken.

but by the same rationale, we need at least two new defenders with babayaro, bramble, carr and ramage all crap.

Depends on the team we are playing surely, and whether we are home or away.

Duff can play there well enough, Nobby is more creative and will stick a decent cross in, something Dyer cannot, but Dyer will open up the field and get in behind the defenders.

Depending on the team we are playing it would be good to switch, the chances of Dyer being fit enough to be considered often are certainly more than questionable though.

I keep forgetting Dyer, probably justifiably, but you never know - he might do a job for us this season on the right.

Only if Solano or Duff get injured.

You'd have Nobby ahead of Dyer (hypothetically at full fitness)?

Depends on how confident i was on Dyer getting injured again. I wouldn't want to completey disrupt the team by playing Dyer once every twenty matches. If both players are fit then Dyer is a bigger threat to defences.

Guest mr quimbys beard

To me defenders are our priority, 2 top class central defenders are a must for this season otherwise we can forget about winning anything, we were promised new signings before deadline, clutching at straws now i think.

According to tyne-talk, Steve Gibson has stated Viduka will not be leaving Boro at Woodgate's unveiling press conference, with 'quotes to follow'..

Good! The last thing we need is another stop-gap, expecially one that can't even get into the Boro side (a Boro side that lost 4-0 at home to Portsmouth three nights ago).

Use the money to fund for new defenders.

According to tyne-talk, Steve Gibson has stated Viduka will not be leaving Boro at Woodgate's unveiling press conference, with 'quotes to follow'..

Good! The last thing we need is another stop-gap, expecially one that can't even get into the Boro side (a Boro side that lost 4-0 at home to Portsmouth three nights ago).

Use the money to fund for new defenders.

for the record, he played against pompey (not that it matters like!)

Viduka is staying at Boro, he doesnt even come into any equations, if people want to feel better, pretend it was just a smokescreen for the player we are going to sign.

At least that will keep you going through the day, pick up the pieces tmrw..

Since it's a choice between Viduka and no one I think I'd take Viduka right now

I'd take no one. We've got four strikers that are sufficient unti January. Use the Milner money to buy defender(s).