Mark Viduka

Baggio

Guest Knightrider

Viduka would be an excellent signing for 2-3m, especially for Europe where the slower pace of the game and more time on the ball suits him ideally. He's lazy but gifted and at that price would be decent enough given he'll score 10 or more goals and set up a few not to mention provide us with an additional outlet.

What he said.

How quickly some people's opinions have changed. :rolleyes:

Everyone should drag out their old comments tbh.

i think i remember saying he is a fat lazy bastard very lazy and letting boro down to the point i thought they might go down- that was at xmas

and what a difference a month makes all of a sudden in the second half of the season he was pure class and really thats when I saw him as a true bargin signing especially on a free.

How quickly some people's opinions have changed. :rolleyes:

Everyone should drag out their old comments tbh.

i think i remember saying he is a fat lazy bastard very lazy and letting boro down to the point i thought they might go down- that was at xmas

and what a difference a month makes all of a sudden in the second half of the season he was pure class and really thats when I saw him as a true bargin signing especially on a free.

I've admitted for the last two weeks i've done a total u-turn on Viduka with SA coming in, and especially getting him on a free.

I was also right though that selling Milner for him was a bad idea, i'm just glad we got the best of both worlds for a change.

I was definitely against it; not totally surprised by that. The main reason for that was because the rumoured fee was £5m or something, and Milner was off.

If that was the case this season, i'd still be against it.

But it's not the case - we're getting him for nowt and Milner is still here. I'm dead chuffed.

I was definitely against it; not totally surprised by that. The main reason for that was because the rumoured fee was £5m or something, and Milner was off.

But it's not the case - we're getting him for nowt and Milner is still here. I'm dead chuffed.

Great minds like.

In summary, here is what he said:-

- good week

- Viduka gives everyone a lift

- he's a great talent, can get goals and lots of experience.

- More than just a goalscorer

- Liked him since his Celtic days

- Great business for the club

- NUFC had a disapointing season, part of his remit to change that and sort injury record

- Hopes the Viduka signing plays a part in helping Freddie recover

- Barton nearly there, hoping to complete in 2 days

- Wishes Scott Parker well in his move to WHU

- Confident he can handle Barton and his baggage

- Ashley and him met briefly at ground/facilities. Not sure what's happening financially yet as they only met for a few minutes

- Hopes more signings to follow. Hopes that there'll be another few signings starting with Defenders being the key area.

- Wouldn't mention the Ben Haim link

- Owen etc will be a strong forward line.

- good week

- NUFC had a disapointing season, part of his remit to change that and sort injury record

- Ashley and him met briefly at ground/facilities. Not sure what's happening financially yet as they only met for a few minutes

- Hopes more signings to follow. Hopes that there'll be another few signings starting with Defenders being the key area.

What the fuck are City doing?

EDIT: Though to be fair, Allardyce said the Viduka medical would be next week. So i'm expecting the Barton signing in about three quarters of an hour. :D

- good week

Also mentioned Martins & Ameobi in his forward plans as well.  :thup:

- good week

Being dicks, surely because of his release clause there is fuk all they can do to stop the transfer.

God knows mate but that's what he said. I typed as he was talking so it probably makes no sense at all. If you need anything clarifying let me know!

Good summery tbf!

The whole thing caught me off guard.

God knows mate but that's what he said. I typed as he was talking so it probably makes no sense at all. If you need anything clarifying let me know!

Good summery tbf!

The whole thing caught me off guard.

I'm just glad he came across as honest none of this wishy washing never spelling anything out crap, tied up alot of loose ends in one interview rather than when roedent took over it was all I will sign 5/6, got my targets in my sights , just wait till i get my players in etc etc. an i dont think I have heard SA speak negatively of anyone currently in the side which is always a good thing regardless what he thinks in private in public you never knock a player that way it always causes bad vibes.

- good week

Being dicks, surely because of his release clause there is fuk all they can do to stop the transfer.

I thought that earlier but then thought they know he is going to go so surely its best to complete the transfer asap and have the money in the account. You must get a decent amount of interest on £5.5m.

Great minds like.

Gerraway man. :lol:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36763.50

Sam Allardyce has told Sky Sports News that Joey Barton's transfer to Newcastle will go through in the 'next couple of days', and that a defender is now top of his wish-list at St James' Park.

The Magpies swooped to sign Mark Viduka on a free transfer from local rivals Middlesbrough on Thursday, but the North East club were also expected to have already tied up a deal for Manchester City midfielder Barton.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470814&CPID=8&clid=43&lid=3&title=BARTON+DEAL+NEARLY+DONE

Newcastle have agreed a £5.5million fee with City and Barton has chosen to shun West Ham and join Allardyce's side, but unspecified hitches mean it may be a couple of days before the controversial midfielder is confirmed as The Magpies's second summer signing.

"I think it [the Barton deal] is nearly there," said Allardyce on Sky Sports News.

"We were hoping it was going to be completed but it hasn't quite yet, maybe in the next couple of days we will have clinched that to add to what will have been a very, very good week."

Newcastle are also interested in Allardyce's former charge at Bolton, Tal Ben Haim, as they look to strengthen a defence that has failed to inspire confidence over the past 12 months.

Paris Saint Germain's David Rozehnal is also believed to be under Allardyce's gaze and the new Magpies boss admits signing a new defender is now his main priority.

"Obviously there are a lot of contacts we have made, the target of a defender is obviously key now," Allardyce added.

"We need to get that one and we need to strengthen the back four for the start of the new season. Strengthening the defence will be my key area now."

Allardyce is also working hard to keep hold of those players he feels can make a significant contribution next season, and to that end has been holding talks with both Kieron Dyer and Michael Owen.

Owen in particular has been the subject of considerable speculation over his future, but Allardyce is hopeful that the talented duo will both be keen to remain on Tyneside and play a crucial role in his new-look side.

"I was pleased with the response from both players," Allardyce told the club's official website. "Hopefully it has given them some encouragement so that they are looking forward to coming back to pre-season training in July.

"I was selling my ideas for the future to them and I hope they want to buy into that

Good news.

I thought viduka was fantasstic in the world cup a year ago, especially the game against brasil, pulled their defenders all over the place and generally ran em ragged!!

Great bargain on a free...

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=mark-can-take-big-al%2Ds-mantle%26method=full%26objectid=19266676%26page=2%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Viduka said 'no' to Boro

Middlesbrough chief executive Keith Lamb has admitted even an "outstanding" offer could not keep Mark Viduka at the Riverside Stadium.

The 31-year-old Australian signed for derby rivals Newcastle after rejecting a new deal on Teesside.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate had been desperate to retain Viduka's services as the final year of his existing contract ran down, but now faces the task of replacing last season's leading scorer.

But Lamb insists his club could have done little more to persuade Viduka to stay.

He said: "We made Mark what we consider to have been an outstanding offer to stay with us.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

"Of course, we are disappointed he didn't accept that offer, but we understand that Mark felt he needed a fresh challenge.

"We wish him and his family well in the future."

Southgate will now look for a replacement, and while he knows that will be intensely difficult, he is confident he will find the right man.

He said: "We have to move on as a club. It is a regret for me, but we did everything we could to try and keep him.

"We made him an excellent offer, but sometimes players feel they need a new challenge and something different.

"We missed him when he was out with a broken foot, and then from Christmas on he was a real talisman for us.

"There were some afternoons when he was almost unplayable for the opposition."

Mark Jensen, editor of United fanzine The Mag, is delighted with the deal.

He said: "When you hear what Middlesbrough fans are saying about Viduka coming to Newcastle, it says a lot about him as a player.

"He was the difference between them finishing in a respectable position in the table instead of really struggling in a relegation battle, and they are not happy at all about him leaving.

"When you compare it to last season, when in Antoine Sibierski we took a player Manchester City no longer wanted, this season, we have taken Manchester City's best player and pretty well Middlesbrough's best player.

"That is what we have to aim for, to be taking the best players away from other teams. That is how you are going to improve."