Mark Viduka

Baggio

Since it's a choice between Viduka and no one I think I'd take Viduka right now

I'd take no one. We've got four strikers that are sufficient unti January. Use the Milner money to buy defender(s).

We've got two crocks and a crap player who doesn't want to even be here leaving us with a new player unproven in the league and a youngster who will only be here for 4 months. Yes we need defenders but if you don't score goals, you don't win matches.

I think we can buy another striker in January when we've recouped time and money. I think we have sufficient cover upfront until the next transfer window - and our most pressing needs are at the back. If we were going to buy Viduka today; why did we even bother with Rossi?

I think we can buy another striker in January when we've recouped time and money. I think we have sufficient cover upfront until the next transfer window - and our most pressing needs are at the back. If we were going to buy Viduka today; why did we even bother with Rossi?

So we can have strikers. Luque is crap and I would rather he does not play, Owen is f***ed for the season and Ameobi is always struggling for fitness which leaves us with Martins and Rossi with possibly Ameobi. Three strikers would leave us playing 4-5-1 sometimes. Wth Viduka we'll have four strikers and we'll play 4-4-2 more times, including in Europe. If we don't sign another striker, we'll be left with just Ameobi and Martins as our forwards for European games.

Guest Knightrider

Viduka would be an excellent signing for 2-3m, especially for Europe where the slower pace of the game and more time on the ball suits him ideally. He's lazy but gifted and at that price would be decent enough given he'll score 10 or more goals and set up a few not to mention provide us with an additional outlet.

Duff can play upfront aswell, and let's not TOTALLY rule out Dyer. I know he's worth forgetting, but you never really know. We can cope striker-wise until January. Let's face it, in the UEFA Cup - we've got the Tallinn games and the group stage to concentrate on. WE're hardly going to need five strikers in the squad for those games.

I would discount Luque, he doesn't want to play, Roeder doesn't want him to play, we don't want him to play. Duff or Dyer upfront is not how Roeder would play it. He'd make it 4-5-1

Viduka would be an excellent signing for 2-3m, especially for Europe where the slower pace of the game and more time on the ball suits him ideally. He's lazy but gifted and at that price would be decent enough given he'll score 10 or more goals and set up a few not to mention provide us with an additional outlet.

best post in this thread

We dont have anyone very capable of holding up the ball and imposing himself physically though.

We need someone that is big and strong that can dominant in the air and on the ground, whilst we do have Martins, Shola, Rossi, Duff, Dyer, Luque maybe even Emre or N'Zogbia that could do scratch jobs up front, none of them are great foil for any other.

Whilst Viduka isnt great he would bring precisely what we need, although he is NOT coming, hopefully someone in that playing style will.

I certainly think he would give us some much needed physical presence. If shola isnt playing then we lacking in that department. Having said that Nugent would be a much better long term signing.

May i reiterate that when lamb said Viduka is staying, what he really meant was " we want more money". Remember Fred last year said that Milner was going no where and about six hours later he was a villa player on loan.

we can't get Bridge until this LB situation at Chelsea is sorted out.

However, Chelsea know that at any second Cole could be theirs if they bid the money asked. I believe, they may get rid of Bridge to help fund the Cole situation. My point is that they could get rid of Bridge before Cole joins them, fingers crossed.

Id be more than happy with Bridge/Neill both would improve either flank and Neill can cover CB aswell, looks unlikely though.

Sounds suspiciously like Luque. Who should really also excel in Europe. Although he would bring alot more to the table in terms of strength, physical prescence and holding the ball up.

Id be more than happy with Bridge/Neill both would improve either flank and Neill can cover CB aswell, looks unlikely though.

Sounds suspiciously like Luque. Who should really also excel in Europe. Although he would bring alot more to the table in terms of strength, physical prescence and holding the ball up.

Viduka can score goals in Europe for English teams though

What we need desperately is a central defender.Why don't we offer Chelsea 6£mill for Gallas?

I agree. This is more the standard i expect Roeder to be after.

Arsenal must be offering more than 6M.

And would he even come?  Who has the #13 jersey anyway?