Milner

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I like him but i'm a bit torn. Assuming no wingers come in during the window, which i can't imagine, i think i'd prefer a Zoggy left/Duff right combination - simply because both are must haves in the team at the moment. Duff's regained his pace too and if we're gonna be playing carpet football, then we ought to have them in i reckon.

I think Milner's good though. His goalscoring record stands at 10 in 90 which isn't scintillating, but it's a marginally better ratio than Gillespie and Ginola, and you can say what you like about his end product, he's a good finisher - no question.

Torn.

I like him but i'm a bit torn. Assuming no wingers come in during the window, which i can't imagine, i think i'd prefer a Zoggy left/Duff right combination - simply because both are must haves in the team at the moment. Duff's regained his pace too and if we're gonna be playing carpet football, then we ought to have them in i reckon.

I think Milner's good though. His goalscoring record stands at 10 in 90 which isn't scintillating, but it's a marginally better ratio than Gillespie and Ginola, and you can say what you like about his end product, he's a good finisher - no question.

Torn.

I'd love to see Gillespie and Ginola's assists compared to Milner's though.  :lol:

Torn.

I'd love to see Gillespie and Ginola's assists compared to Milner's though.  :lol:

Aye, you're absolutely right. They'd probably piss on Milner's. I was just talking about his finishing though in fairness; just after watching the goals again from last night. He can cut in and finish from either side and it's a very good trait to have.

Personally think he's an excellent option to have in the squad. First team, probably not.

The Proffessionals, ie Pearson, Beardsley and Keegan too (according to Beardsley) were very impressed with the trio last night, especially the way they played after going down to ten men. So was I.

Given this, I believe that we will try and maintain this system, given that this midfield trio seem to have brought about our best attacking football for a while, but a DM will be used to help out.

The worry is that Keegan will think that one (or two) of Butt, Smith, Barton or Emre are good enough for this role when they aren't. Faye might be, but he isn't here right now.

All in all though, I think there may be a real temptation to pretty much stick with what we've got, but to give our wingers more attacking emphasis than Allardyce would have allowed if we were playing Gateshead.

The Proffessionals, ie Pearson, Beardsley and Keegan too (according to Beardsley) were very impressed with the trio last night, especially the way they played after going down to ten men. So was I.

Given this, I believe that we will try and maintain this system, given that this midfield trio seem to have brought about our best attacking football for a while, but a DM will be used to help out.

The worry is that Keegan will think that one (or two) of Butt, Smith, Barton or Emre are good enough for this role when they aren't. Faye might be, but he isn't here right now.

All in all though, I think there may be a real temptation to pretty much stick with what we've got, but to give our wingers more attacking emphasis than Allardyce would have allowed if we were playing Gateshead.

Hold on. Kevin Keegan is manager?

I don't think it's fully sunk in. Kevin Keegan is Newcastle manager. At the present time.

Right now.

:undecided:

Hold on. Kevin Keegan is manager?

I don't think it's fully sunk in. Kevin Keegan is Newcastle manager. At the present time.

Right now.

:undecided:

I know what you mean, I feel like I have stepped into an alternative world. Keegan never left, and Manchester United still have to go to Middlesbrough.

He still has time on his side, but we haven't really seen any improvement from him since he came back from Villa. He still has the same limitations now as he did when he first came.

Keegan will obviously give him a good run in the team though.

He's our best right winger by a mile. I think he'll flourish under Keegan.

But, because he's not an ex-big club player who's former boss we can pretend didn't want to sell him, or a foreign import we've convinced ourslees the big clubs would want, for some reason sections of the Newcastle fans don't rate him.

There are even those who reckoned Dyer was a better right winger, but they are cunts who don't know their arse from the holes they talk (shite) out of, so fuck them.

I'm not a big Milner guy, but funnily enough I imagine he will be one of the players to benefit a hell of a lot from working with Keegan. Since he came through he hasn't had any talented, skilful or attack minded coaches around him to tidy and sharpen up his game. It will be interesting to see how he develops from here.

I like James idea. However it will have to mean a very talented DM being brought in. One who can really pass the ball and who is very good at protecting against the counter attack, as Duff, Milner and Zogg will be encouraged to get forward.

Could be really exciting.

But, because he's not an ex-big club player who's former boss we can pretend didn't want to sell him, or a foreign import we've convinced ourslees the big clubs would want, for some reason sections of the Newcastle fans don't rate him.

There are even those who reckoned Dyer was a better right winger, but they are cunts who don't know their arse from the holes they talk (shite) out of, so fuck them.

He's our only right winger, though, isn't he?

I think he'll only improve, personally, and I love his attitude.

There are even those who reckoned Dyer was a better right winger, but they are c***s who don't know their arse from the holes they talk (s****) out of, so f*** them.

He's our only right winger, though, isn't he?

I think he'll only improve, personally, and I love his attitude.

He is apparently one of the guys who always gets in early and stays after training.

The difference now is he will be able to spend these extra hours working with a manager who knows a thing or two about attacking play. First time he's had this opportunity.

I'd prefer to play all three and stick a very good DM behind them, or alternatively drop a striker and play two average DM behind them.

It would have to be with 2 other midfielders alongside Zoggy.  We'd get raped by better teams otherwise.

Dont think he should last too long in the first team, i dont think his movment is very intelligent, and his pace lets him down when hes too far away from the box, also when he cuts 9 time out of ten he will slow down play by doing his shimmy thing. If we are after a playmaker, then we need our outlets to be equally as good.