Jermain Defoe & Shaun Wright-Phillips

Guest microbar

Guest LucasUnger

just bring in as many fast players we can get :)

defoe swp=yes

hey lads we've got a blanque cheque ;)

get in every one whos available. i'm lovin it.

if kk plays zoggy in the middle. where should we put deco? 3-1-4-2??

just bring in as many fast players we can get :)

defoe swp=yes

hey lads we've got a blanque cheque ;)

get in every one whos available. i'm lovin it.

if kk plays zoggy in the middle. where should we put deco? 3-1-4-2??

No Deco thanks, Van der Vaart instead! :)

Why would SWP leave Chelsea now that he is getting a game?

Having the money is one thing. Convincing the players to come is another thing.

Still, you can imagine what it is like for football journos in this dull-as-fuck-nothing-happening window to suddenly get something else to create stories about.

Why would SWP leave Chelsea now that he is getting a game?

Having the money is one thing. Convincing the players to come is another thing.

Still, you can imagine what it is like for football journos in this dull-as-f***-nothing-happening window to suddenly get something else to create stories about.

Exactamundo.

Jermain Defoe is bordering on unrealistic? There are three better striker than him at the club already.

i just cannot figure this one out - who is the third?

owen and martins... and then?

Viduka. He will need to be replaced soon but currently i would rather have him in the team than Defoe.

What did Viduka do, since his arrival... Yeah I know about his ability to hold the ball up, but it's very ineffective. I am disappointed with him so far...

5 league goals in 11 starts isn't bad for a 32 year old on a free transfer.

Anyway, it was just the 'bordering on unrealistic' comment i was disagreeing with. For the money we'd have to spend on Defoe there are plenty of better strikers available.

Defoe hasn't got enough IMO. Micheal Owens a good enough striker to get us 20 goals (should he stay fit). We need either a powerhouse who can cause problems physically and chip in with the goals (Ashton) or a creative striker who can create something out of nothing and create from deep, ala Gudjohnsen. If Defoe was a direct replacement of Owen then i would understand it but wouldn't advise it.

As for SWP, he would be an excellent addition, exactly the sort of player to get us out of our seats.

However, right sided players and strikers should not be top of our wanted list. Attacking midfielder please.

Defoe hasn't got enough IMO. Micheal Owens a good enough striker to get us 20 goals (should he stay fit). We need either a powerhouse who can cause problems physically and chip in with the goals (Ashton) or a creative striker who can create something out of nothing and create from deep, ala Gudjohnsen. If Defoe was a direct replacement of Owen then i would understand it but wouldn't advise it.

As for SWP, he would be an excellent addition, exactly the sort of player to get us out of our seats.

However, right sided players and strikers should not be top of our wanted list. Attacking midfielder please.

League goals???

Nay chance.

The chances of us singing an unknown player of Ginola's quality out of the blue is very slim. With the growth of the internet, more coverage of overseas leagues than ever before, Championship Manager, Football manager, televised U21 International games etc. we are more aware of world footballers than ever before.

Guest johnson293

News just breaking according to TalkSport that we are confirmed to be in for Deco.  Bah another defensive midfielder. ;)

wind up??

Could be what the wink was for.

News just breaking according to TalkSport that we are confirmed to be in for Deco.  Bah another defensive midfielder. ;)

wind up??

Could be what the wink was for.

or the wink would be because he says he is a defensive midfielder