Fave KK memory?

Guest Knightrider

Beating Spuds 2-1 at WHL with Pedro getting a last minute winner in our first season up.I was in the Spuds end,well side,and celebrated fully amongst the whinging Cockneys.When i read The Mag after,about a month later,The writer of the report said that because he saw loads of fans celebrating Pedro's goal,that it had been disallowed,but we took their end over.They had battered us for nigh on 90 minutes to make them feel even worse.

The "Love It" rant and the Man U 5 -0 game for me; I shouted myself horse during both. The Leciester 7-1 was a special feeling as well. As was the Grimsby game when we finally clinched it, I was on the pitch (after sitting with the Grimsby fans) and it felt great when King Kev and the team came out again to thank the fans.

All special times that I'll never forget!

That 7-1 Leicester game was played on a Sunday as I recall and it was the last result I needed to win 160 quid on my fixed odds coupon for a quid bet. All the other results had come up on the Saturday. It was 6-0 at half time so I knew It was safe. What a great day. we even had Lindisfarne playng to us above the leazes terrace before the game as the framework for the new stands were just being put up then. The stage was mounted on it.

A Happy day that was indeed.

Doug

Guest Brummiemag

5 0 against Man U, the Kev "love it" rant, the Asprilla corner flag celebration to name a few! I am so excited about the future with this club, yes ive had a few beers but this is the first time in 10 years that ive felt so optimistic!! I still cant quite believe he's come back and I wish I was there tomorrow but I will be there next week at Arsenal for the FA Cup and I have just have this sneaky suspicion that we will get a result!!

I can't pick one as there's so many, so I'll just type away for a while:

The Leicester 7-1 game, like others have said was pretty special. Fab atmosphere, great result, goals galore. David Kelly was my hero back then, and this was his last game for us. He got a hat-trick, while the man who ultimately replaced him, Andy Cole, got 3 as well.

Cole's 40th to break the record for most goals in a season against Villa. Never has a goal been celebrated as enthusiastically as that one until Shearer scored past Portsmouth for number 200. The Villa game was made even more remarkable as I'd bet my mate that Bracewell (Who basically never scored) would score Newcastle's first goal. And he did. :)

The first Liverpool 4-3, even though I only watched it in the student union bar, was very memorable. And of course humping Man U 5-0 will live with me until my dying day.

Rob Lee's 'goal' from 70 yards against Brentford - With his left foot - That was disallowed to give US a free kick.

Cole's hat-trick against Liverpool.

Signing Shearer.

Ginola, in one of his first games for us (Possibly his debut, and possibly against Middlesborough? - My memory may be failing me all these years later!), being stuck on his own goal-line with a boro player in front of him. "Just hoof it out!", thought everyone. But no, he just dropped his shoulder, shimmied his feet and left the smoggy on the ground as he strolled off up the pitch with the ball. I knew then I was seeing someone special.

Going away to QPR. They beat us 3-0 with all the goals coming in the opening 20-30 mins. The atmosphere was already fantastic but every time they scored, we got louder. When the 3rd went in the whole Newcastle end was jumping up and down like lunatics, it was just so surreal. After the match I was walking round the ground and I heard 2 QPR fans talking about our support, one said to the other "F#cking hell, if that's what they're like when they get beat I'd hate to hear how much noise they'd make if they won". Made me feel so proud. :)

Right, bored now. Could type all night but there's some stuff that springs immediately to mind.

forgot about signing Shearer (how the fook could I do that!) - I was in A Level Maths at school, my mate run in and told me - got on my mobile (anologue Nokia jobby that used to cost me as much as I earnt stacking shelves in Kwik Save!) and rang my Mum to confirm it was true.

Fucked Maths off after that and went home to watch Sky :)

forgot about signing Shearer (how the fook could I do that!) - I was in A Level Maths at school, my mate run in and told me - got on my mobile (anologue Nokia jobby that used to cost me as much as I earnt stacking shelves in Kwik Save!) and rang my Mum to confirm it was true.

f***** Maths off after that and went home to watch Sky :)

Funny how people remember things like that. I always used to laugh when my mother said everyone could remember where they were when they heard JFK had been shot but I can tell you exactly where I was when Andy Cole was sold.

And like you, I was in A Level maths actually! I didn't f### off home though, but I got no work done that day. Just moped around thinking "WHY?" and feeling sorry for myself.

Yes i do love the bloke, and am pleased he has been appointed, but is anyone else not sick of hearing about him ?

Well here's a little hint: If you see a thread with Kevin Keegan's name on it, don't open it. Hey presto, problem solved. Leave the rest of us to have some fun while we can, after all it won't be long before we're doing sh#te and everyone's calling for him to be fired! :D

Dammit Nobby, you've got me rooting round now looking for the Mick Lowes / Radio Newcastle commentary of those goals that's floating round somewhere in this room.

I'm making a right racket and the Mrs is bound to wake up and come charging in here demanding to know what the hell I'm doing "at this time of night"! :D

Beating Spuds 2-1 at WHL with Pedro getting a last minute winner in our first season up.I was in the Spuds end,well side,and celebrated fully amongst the whinging Cockneys.When i read The Mag after,about a month later,The writer of the report said that because he saw loads of fans celebrating Pedro's goal,that it had been disallowed,but we took their end over.They had battered us for nigh on 90 minutes to make them feel even worse.

Ooh...possibly that one for me too. I took a minibus from uni as I ran the football supporters club at the time. Other memories were sitting on my dads shoulders and grabbing KK's jacket as he walked in the players entrance before a 1-0 defeat away to Burnley in his spell as a player...I didn't think he'd noticed me but he turned round, smiled and said, 'Hello son..'.

One final one is probably the day I knew his first spell as manager was going to be special...a 3-1 home win over Portsmouth when Quinn came in and got 2, I think Kelly got the other. We played some magnificent flowing football that day and the folowing day there was an editorial in a national tabloid saying that if you hadn't already you really had to go along and witness the Keegan revolution at St James...it was full of superlatives.

The Adidas adverts. One where he's got white hair, looking really old and a walking stick pinning up a team-sheet, and Peter Beardsley sprinting upto it and saying, "Thanks boss", as he hobbles away...class.

And maybe more appropriate than ever now :D

Yes i do love the bloke, and am pleased he has been appointed, but is anyone else not sick of hearing about him ?

Well here's a little hint: If you see a thread with Kevin Keegan's name on it, don't open it. Hey presto, problem solved. Leave the rest of us to have some fun while we can, after all it won't be long before we're doing sh#te and everyone's calling for him to be fired! :D

It's my opinion mate, i'm enitlted to it. And Ok, i've taken your adivce on board, and hey presto, it seems to have worked.

Asprilla signing for us in the snow, making his debut unexecpectedly and destroying boro single handedly with 20 minutes to go

After Faustino Asprilla had made his Newcastle debut in 2-1 win at Middlesbrough, Keegan said:

"By the end he was knackered-o. I think that's the Spanish for it."