Fave KK memory?

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

God, it feels great being able to talk about KK without some fucker saying "get over it" or "in the past".  :coolsmiley:

For me it was his LOVE IT rant. That wasn't our manager in that booth, but every one of us who were all thinking the same. He gets slagged for that and I've even heard people say they were embarrassed by it but not me, no different to me or you saying the same on a pre match thread. Anyway that rant summed it all up for me.

Footballing wise there were so many, but I'll go with Cole's 40th against Villa when we beat them 5-1. Cole being a big hero of mine.

7-1 vs Spurs.

With some luck it couldve been 15-1. Never ever seen a side produce so many chances, With such good fullbacks going forward, and an absolutely outstanding Rob Lee in the middle. Class Game.

(also my brother is a Spurs fan :) )

I got a few.

I've met him and shook his hand. Nice guy. Jealous? :p

Footballing for us the 3-4 Spurs game was magic. Doing the Rags for the first time in my memory was the best tho. Thats without the entire 2001/02 season, which was just rediculous. Left some great memories here.

For Newcastle I enjoyed the 5-0 win over Manchester United for some reason.

In more real terms there was a great game between City and Newcastle back in the day, 3-3 draw, Albert got 2 for yous, Niall Quinn got 2 for us...my favourite ever City player Uwe Rosler got our other one, and having just found a video of it on the interweb, seems Tino Asprilla got his first Newcastle goal in that game too...classic stuff - fat lot of good it did either of us tho.  :idiot2:

And also obviously the commentary on Leonardo's elbow.  :laugh:

7-1 at home to Leicester.

Was a totally new feeling for me as a Newcastle fan. Was the ultimate result at the end of a season that none of us imagined would/could happen having been so close to despair just 12 months before.

Plus, I actually saw a Newcastle captain lift a trophy.

Hard to pick one moment alone but that day was just one huge smile for me. Everything just clicked. Speaking to a Leicester fan at work this week who was there that day and he said the Leicester fans couldnt believe the attitude and response from the Newcasltle fans towards them. Just a perfect footballing day (loads of goals, 2 hat-tricks, the sun shining, trophy, no bother, plenty of beer and a true sense that something was happening)

The 'Love it' rant (hence the profile name).

Some people (usually non-NUFC fans) think he'd lost it. I say he'd found it! Most people (including the neutrals) would have loved it if we beat them. I even had a makem telling me yesterday that Keegan was just showing his passion and that he cared with that rant.

It took Keegan coming back for me to finally be able to find a photo of it on the internet for my profile.

ive said it before, i'll say it again

newcastle 3 - 0 west ham

stats not far from

90% possession

30 shots on target

60 shots in total

tino asprilla 25 of those shots

total football man. dying to see it again.

always keep an eye on sky channel 442, theyve been playing our games from 96 today

The 'Love it' rant (hence the profile name).

Some people (usually non-NUFC fans) think he'd lost it. I say he'd found it! Most people (including the neutrals) would have loved it if we beat them. I even had a makem telling me yesterday that Keegan was just showing his passion and that he cared with that rant.

It took Keegan coming back for me to finally be able to find a photo of it on the internet for my profile.

Or you could just have used my sig. Which I've had for eons. Like since...forever.  :parky:

Best non-football memory was meeting and talking to him, he was just so down to earth and easy to talk to.  Football wise, Leicester 7-1, the atmosphere that day was special and the game itself couldn't have been better, what a day.

Gillespie scoring at Elland Road; my first game, we won, the Geordies singing 'Who the fuck are Man Utd?' and the Leeds fans joining in, the infamous rant afterwards, waiting with my mum outside to see a glimpse of him, and he waved etc. :smitten: