Kevin Keegan's Black and White Army 0-0 Bolton - 19/1/08 - Reaction from Page 18

James

Owen, you are w***!

Owen out -_-

Yet you're not even watching the game. Right....

No, but i can hear it on the radio... im an Owen critique, i've yet to see him fufill some kind of striker role.

Half Time... Shearer On

we've got to appreciate that Zoggy and Roz arent recognized central midfielders........and that obviously affects our game.......thats nobody's fault.

n'zogbia's playing as if he's used to the central role...rozenthal's playing like he's hardly used to a football

Disagree, N'Zogbia is running with the ball too often. Roz looks comfortable.

Charlie needs to push up more. Duff needs to move, so does Milner. We just need more pace in our team atm. I would consider sending Kazenga on for Ameobi and let him have a free role behind Owen.

It's good to see that Given's no longer just hoofing it up but trying to get us to play football. Not the best of starts but it's alright, there's still 45 minutes to go.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Our wingers haven't looked the best, probably a knock on from the long ball game the team is used to.  Keegan will turn that around.

We're not getting much from centre midfield, and the build up looks very laboured. No pace up front doesn't help.

I'd put Duff in the centre and Zoggy on the left.

I hope we score first, because I can't see us breaking them down if they go ahead.

Nothing too surprising, really.  You get the sense the players are playing under a bit of pressure, and with the complete lack of options available, it's going to be hard to create much.  Bolton have come to stop us from playing, and they have done.

Guest Brendan_Rice

We're not getting much from centre midfield, and the build up looks very laboured. No pace up front doesn't help.

I'd put Duff in the centre and Zoggy on the left.

I hope we score first, because I can't see us breaking them down if they go ahead.

Would give us a bi tof width, I would like to see that myself.  Would Duff be able to hold onto the ball in midfield though?

Last fifteen minutes was woeful. But it's nice to see us actually trying to pass the ball between us though, there's been some decent passages of play but we're struggling to really overcome Bolton's tight pressing game. They've got three men around N'Zogbia/Duff/Milner every time they've got the ball.

Crying for a centre-midfielder who can play. Begging for one.

Megson came knowing exactly what he had to do. Cram ten players into the defence, slow us down, gum things up, kill our momentum. Wait till we make a bad pass (inevitable due to our lack of organization) and go on the counter attack.

So far he's succeeded, keeping us completely quiet till half time. Fans are subdued, players lose their belief, and it's no longer a forgone conclusion that we'll win. It's up to Keegan now to instill some belief back into the players at halftime.

Steinsson and Gardner in particular are having monster games, completely shutting down our flanks. Thank God they're all absolutely horrible on the attack or I'd be worried that they'd nick a goal before FT.

oh and Carr and Ameobi... you may be the messiah kev but there are limits mate

He can't really play anyone else. Beye and Martins are at the African Nations' and Viduka's injured.

As for Owen you can't blame him for alot, he's barely had a kick.

I'm not blaming him. I'm just saying even Jesus could only manage wine from water not gold from sewerage. I don't know if there's any saving Ameobi but maybe attaching electrodes to Carr's nether regions and activating every time he tries a pass longer than 5m will limit his destructiveness.

Last fifteen minutes was woeful. But it's nice to see us actually trying to pass the ball between us though, there's been some decent passages of play but we're struggling to really overcome Bolton's tight pressing game. They've got three men around N'Zogbia/Duff/Milner every time they've got the ball.

Crying for a centre-midfielder who can play. Begging for one.