Updated: Keegan & the group of players he inherited (their futures?)

Guest Knightrider

I'm going to reserve judgment personally as it's too early to tell at the moment which players exactly will be here to stay and which will go. I have doubts about a good number of them though.

That about sums it up..

Smith has to go. Definitely has no skills that adds up to the team except shouting to referees and get booked.

Also, Owen should move on if he can't settle peace with Keegan.

Not to mention Duff. Clearly not a player he used to be.  cant run, cant dribble, cant pass, cant defend, cant cross, cant shoot. he's now just a shadow of a player who used to be one of the greatest wingers in the league

Think Ameobi could have a spot untill we buy some target striker if he continues to play like yesterday. Not that I like him but we need some height in the front.

Oh.. and Pearson should fxxx off. Just dont think he has what it takes to support Keegans' weak point ; strategy

As long as Smith gets shipped out I'll be happy. What a mong.

Don't think Rozehnal has a glittering future here to be honest. Want Barton gone just to get shot of the embarrassment factor, also think Ameobi is pointless.

Keep everyone else as football is a SQAUD GAME nowadays and they're all, at least, competent players. Except Smith. Sell sell sell sell sell sell.........

Guest battyleespeed

I am guessing Butt and Geremi are one of the first ones to go. They don't have the pace and stamina anymore to hold their own in 4-4-2 formation whereas they were still okay in Sam's "compress the midfield" 4-5-1/4-3-3 formations. Have a feeling Keegan won't like Geremi's playing style anyway.

N'Zogbia will probably be given fairly free role down the left flank and he will blossom just like every other winger under Keegan before.   

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Knightrider

Decided to resurrect this thread now that we're a few games in.

Anyway...

I've been quietly impressed by Damien Duff since his return to injury, he looks stronger, sharper and quicker and now that KK's here I can see him at last having some kind of impact at the club, if not the remainder of this season then certainly the next because he has good technical ability and close control, vital components in the pass and move philosophy that KK will look to implement next season fully. Yes he dilly dallies but today especially, he had no choice due to poor movement or to be frank poor quality around him (Carr in particular). This dilly dallying when it comes like this is actually intelligent hold up play and good assessment of options. This Duff, fit, lean, sharp and hungry in a more slicker pass and move team will shine you imagine. He so far from the side looks the best bet to succeed under KK to me.

How about you, which players do you think will make it, or not?

there a whole bunch who are playing under there abilities. there are a whole bunch who are not good enough.

we need a win to kick start us. I'm expencing a game tho against manure. the'll be up for it, i hope.

i really hope so, they better have a grudge against them, payback for the 6_0.

Whatever happens in the run up to the end of the season, a mass clearout is needed. I think only the likes of;

Given

Harper

Beye

Taylor

Faye

Enrique

Milner

N'Zogbia

Owen

have futures at the club. Everyone else not good enough.

Milner is no where near good enough to be first choice, and he won't be prepared to be a squad player, so he should go.  Might raise some decent money from his sale, which can't be said for a few of the rest, so he'd be one of the first I'd look to get rid of.

Whatever happens in the run up to the end of the season, a mass clearout is needed. I think only the likes of;

Given

Harper

Beye

Taylor

Faye

Enrique

Milner

N'Zogbia

Owen

have futures at the club. Everyone else not good enough.

Would add Duff,Oba and maybe Emre

Milner is no where near good enough to be first choice, and he won't be prepared to be a squad player, so he should go.  Might raise some decent money from his sale, which can't be said for a few of the rest, so he'd be one of the first I'd look to get rid of.

I am 100% sure we will get relegated this season if we offloaded Milner. Wake up please.

I am 100% sure we will get relegated this season if we offloaded Milner. Wake up please.

You think Milner is the sort of player who can keep us up?  Go back to sleep please.

Milner was our best man today - at least he put some effort in and tried to go past his man. Put so called bigger name players to shame.

What has he contributed so far this season though?

Milner is forever trying to go past his man, but can't, because he's simply not good enough.  He has neither pace nor "a trick" to get him the extra yard to do something useful with the ball.  On the rare ocassion he does get that extra yard, his crossing/passing is usually piss poor anyway.

In terms of value to the team, compared to amount of money we could sell him for he should be first out of the door.