Berbatov

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think alot of foreign youngsters will know about Keegan but that isn't nessacerily a great thing. I think Keegan's real pull is when he meets the players.

I dont think we will see many players have talks with KK then knock us back.

People asking if young players will know Keegan, of course they will.  He didn't leave Newcastle 11 years ago and hide in a cave, he went on to manage 2 other clubs and the national team.

A Division 2 club in their promotion season, a Division 1 club/Mid-table Premiership side, plus an unsuccessful England campaign.

Yes they will know him, but the biggest pulling factor of Keegan is the good old days, and we may find that this pull has diminished in some demographics, particularly under-21 foreigners.

We'll have to wait and see.

As I asked before. How many U21 foreigners has KK ever signed though?

Just the one for NUFC, but that is not to say that he won't want to get a high profile player in the future, as players are emerging at much younger ages than they did in the past, ie Rooney, Ronaldo, Fabregas.

Exactly, he's never gone for young kids.

Did you even read beyond the bit in bold?

Tbh James, because I think it's largely irrelevant anyway I don't see it as an issue. The three players you mention are truly exceptional exceptions to the rule though, where they have come good so young. Basically I see Keegan signing proven players because that's what he's always done.

£26 million thats stupid, get david villa in for that, and he is way better.

David Villa won't come here (not that Berbatov will).. plus Berbatov is more of a playmaker, which is what we need most right now.. Villa is more in the Owen mould

Yea I know he never would, he is a playmaker to an extent I watch la liga every week on the telly box, villa creates stuff but he is a mix of owens finishing and martins pace. Valencia wouldn't sell him for less than £40mill.

Anyways back on topic, saying as berb will never come here who else could we get that is a similar play making mould ?

Guest stanjames

£26m for a 10 goal a season striker just shows how daft the game has become .

How much would Shearer be worth in his prime?

hes got a bit more than that... he gets team goals, he is involved in 98% of tottenham's goals and this is why they have scored so many since he arrived

Just throwing up a random comment... what about an Owen or Martins + cash trade for him?

I think he could be tempted to come here, its whether he would be enthusiastic enough to help force the buy price in to our affordability bracket.

I love berba here and I don't care how much we pay. 26 36 or for that matter 66. I just love great players and he is one of it. I wonder why people worry about much about other people money.

I don't know, its a funny question, you shouldn't, but then you still do.

Fair enough under FS as you knew he was fuking us over and putting us more into debt, but under Ashley we shouldn't worry at all.

I think its the fact you don't want to be seen paying over the odds for players, especially average ones.

£26m for a 10 goal a season striker just shows how daft the game has become .

How much would Shearer be worth in his prime?

10?

he got 23 last season and has 13 already this season

Even Le Sib got a few in Europe. Pretty obvious he means in the league.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Under Keegan at least we can console ourselves that he will aim very high where players are concerned. I don't think we are in a position quite yet to attract such high calibre players of course but if he gets us moving again, not only will we become more of an attractive option but a lot of players will want to play for Keegan. Top top players home and abroad.

Be warned, there are now many players, particularly abroad that wont know a thing about Keegan's last spell at the club.

His profile has diminished a bit since then.

James, give your head a shake man.

Really, Rozehnal said he didn't know much about Keegan.

Rozenhal doesn't know too much about defending, in fact he doesn't really know much about football fullstop.

Seriously though, say there is a 19 year old Frenchman out there, wanted by numerous clubs. His agent tells him he could work for Kevin Keegan at Newcastle United.

Unless Keegan has turned us to gold again, I can't quite see Keegan having the same pull he once did, as such a player will have no knowledge of the great things he did.

This is where I see Shearer havin a role at the club. Selling the clubs to players.  He played a part in getting Owen in and I think he could get more in as well.

£26m would not get you David Villa.

10m would i know

You don't know a lot if you think £10 million would get you David Villa.

He's obviously joking

I wouldn't be so sure.

i'll give bender the benefit of the doubt. If, though, it turns out that my generosity has been abused- someone very soon will be receiving a hospital bill of exactly that amount of money.

:razz: (the smiley doesn't negate the fact that i'm deadly serious)

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Do you honestly believe you would get Berbatov? :lol: He wont leave us except for a team that is challenging for major trophies and by that I mean the champions league and the domestic title. Throwing a hundred grand a week at him wont help him either; he isnt motivated by money and never has been, or he would have left leverkusen/us earlier.

And to clear this up. He didnt support Newcastle. He liked Shearer. That was it. If he had been playing for man utd, he would of 'supported' man utd. he has no feelings for the club. Its like Bergkamp. He didnt support tottenham. He supported hoddle. This quote applies for Berbatov too btw, just change the idol and club;

"Main thing was that I was a big fan of Glenn Hoddle. When you wanted to see Hoddle play you watched Tottenham. People often assume I'm a Spurs fan but it's not true. I was a fan of Glenn Hoddle, not of Spurs," Bergkamp once said."

I honestly see no reason why he would leave us for you. At the moment, we are really no more attractive than you or you us in terms of attracting players.