Chimbonda

Dogmatix

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3076663,00.html

CHIMBONDA: I`M GOING TO TOON

Pascal Chimbonda has stunned Spurs by claiming he's set to join Newastle United.

The controversial French full-back says he's ready to accept a big-money deal to join Kevin Keegan's Tyneside revolution.

Just a couple of days after helping Spurs rout Arsenal to reach the Carling Cup final, Chimbonda claimed he's been offered a lucrative deal by the Toon.

The Sun claims he bragged to friends: "Kevin Keegan has approached me and they've offered me more money.

"I am definitely leaving Spurs. It's all about the money. I don't care about the final, I don't care about the cup."

Meanwhile Spurs boss Juande Ramos has again stated that it would take a massive offer for the club to consider selling star striker Dimitar Berbatov.

He said: "Berbatov is a great player, so it is normal there is some interest from other clubs.

"But he is happy and enjoying playing for Tottenham and we rely on him a great deal.

f****** arsehole.

EDIT - sorry, didn't realise this had already been posted

Guest RealGeordie

Just wonder when these transfer rumours - which are rubbish -  finish and we finally sign one or two decent lads for the back four and the midfield. Remember: Today it's the 25th...and since the beginning of the month the press is talking of the likes of Wright-Phillips, Carrick & Laursen. That's garbage, isn't it?

What is it with the French and being complete twats. He's not even that good, nearly 30 when he joined Wigan and been part of one of the worst defences in the league since.

i read that and couldn't help but piss myself with laughter.  Surely they can't be real quotes?  Is anyone that big of a knob jockey?  Still if we bring him in he is good and Beye could be really useful at centreback. 

They are real quotes, with the addition of 'he bragged to friends' to prevent any suggestion of tapping up.  Anyway, I understand it was his agent going to Newcastle and not the other way round.  As I said a couple of pages back, he wants a new contract or a move for the money and the suggestion that he might not play well if he didn't get it.  Some people didn't believe me then, maybe they do now.

as long as i live, as a football fan, i'll never forget him handing in a written transfer request still wearing his kit at arsenal last game of the season for wigan, after what was his breakthrough season in the PL coming from france

has there been a worse act of pure horribleness (for want of a better word) by a footballer?

as long as i live, as a football fan, i'll never forget him handing in a written transfer request still wearing his kit at arsenal last game of the season for wigan, after what was his breakthrough season in the PL coming from france

has there been a worse act of pure horribleness (for want of a better word) by a footballer?

On the other hand, you could say it gave Jewell the maximum possible time to sign a replacement. ;)

Heart of gold that bloke.

On the other hand, you could say it gave Jewell the maximum possible time to sign a replacement. ;)

Heart of gold that bloke.

right enough, he's a 21st century gentleman!

Do you think this is what Keegan meant when he said we might have to sign 'problem players'?

He's a decent player but we don't need him.

when did he say this?

we already have problem players (Barton f.e.)

bring back Bowyer and Dyer then :D