Chimbonda

Dogmatix

He's a good player.

He's also a cunt, as proven by past behaviour, but I would take this shit in The Sun with an enormous side order of salt.

Nothing is happening in this transfer window. They need to find something to write about.

I don't really understand this if it's true. What would make Keegan identify that one of our priorities is a new right back after only a week and a half at the club, and having not yet seen Beye play? I could understand if Chimbonda was 20-25 years old but he's the same age as Beye and more importantly not as good.

i think chimbo is actually better than beye. if he had been a nufc-player and not such a c*** as well, we would all have agreed on that point. based on his last quotes, he comes out as hes just in it for the money, and adding his general behavior, ill rather have myself a lousy w*** than having him here.

No way. Why are we intent on replacing our good players.

Riise for Enrique, Chimbonda for Beye. This is plain ridiculas. Chimbondas a good player but he's no spring chicken and he's attitude is questionable to say the least.

PASCAL CHIMBONDA has claimed that he is on the verge of a move to Newcastle United.

The Tottenham Hotspur defender has been unsettled at the amount of transfer activity for players in his position at White Hart Lane following the capture of Chris Gunter and the failed attempt to sign Rangers' Alan Hutton.

The Sun claims he bragged to friends: "Kevin Keegan has approached me and they've offered me more money.

"I am definitely leaving Spurs. It's all about the money. I don't care about the final, I don't care about the cup."

2. It'll boil my piss so much if we pay £8m for him, when Wigan got him for £500k a few years ago - it shows the rediculous inflation of transfer fees.

Not really.  Arsenal paid £500k for Anelka and sold him for £22m.  It's just how things work.  If a player is bought for cheap but turns out to be really good, you can't expect his value to stay the same.

2. It'll boil my piss so much if we pay £8m for him, when Wigan got him for £500k a few years ago - it shows the rediculous inflation of transfer fees.

Not really.  Arsenal paid £500k for Anelka and sold him for £22m.  It's just how things work.  If a player is bought for cheap but turns out to be really good, you can't expect his value to stay the same.

thats the thing, I might be deluded, but I wouldn't say Chimbonda is that good.  Perhaps I'm arseing Beye too much, and am just bitter about this.

I thought the fee was £4m?

Its not a bad signing for that price, but he's the biggest dickhead in the prem by a long stretch.

4m Where did you hear that price?

Well if it's 4m......................

Beye is brilliant, but just as good at CB.  Chimbonda is more of a Keegan right back.  He is faster and will bomb forward down the wing more often.

Beye and Faye/Woodgate (if we get him) would be a class CB pairing.

How many times has he played a centre back?

I can think of one game. Regardless if he played well, thats not a good enough arguement for moving argueabley one of our best players out of position.

IMO it would make more sense to move one of them onto the right wing.