Steve Curry (Daily Hate) labels NUFC as 'Joke'. Are we?

Jay Jay Sea

Let them talk about us, it doesn't make a stitch of difference.

The fact remains that we have an outstanding owner who wants exactly the same as the fans of this club want, he considers himself to be a fan as well.  He has appointed a manager that 99% of Newcastle fans are happy with and we are starting to turn a corner to enter a positive phase in our history. 

Yet we are still receiving the brunt of the media attention and they are resorting to spouting shite to maintain the rollercoaster that sells their sorry rags.

Liverpool have two American morons at the helm who don't give a flying fuck about the club, they are doing all they can to unseat their manager (one who the fans really like and respect) and they are constantly courting rumours that they are selling out to Saudi's or any other party who shows half a spec of interest. 

The papers touch on this but, never really lay into Liverpool people about it, like it or not there are loads of similarities between Geordies and Scousers in terms of mentality and way of life, granted we aren't all bindippers etc but, grass roots we are very similar.  I would rather meet a scouser on holiday than a bloody cockney!!

All this is doing as far as we are concerned is keeping our profile high and once Keegan gets us playing well, which I am sure he will, and we start to win a few games all those people who believe the papers are going to be very surprised!!

Peterborough.  It's a fucking shithole.  A boring-as-bollocks piece of urban blight ringed with dismal chavvy suburbs that make the 'lesser' parts of the north-east look like Beverly Hills.

If you hover your mouse over his name at the top of the article you can send him an e mail to let him know that his opinion is worthless in our "poor Geordie folk" opinion and maybe we can politely ask him what the fuck he is thinking of by passing comment on something that has nothing at all to do with him and his shithole of a town.

Dear Mr Swann,

I am a Newcastle United fan and live in the lovely city of Newcastle-upon-Tyne.  When visiting a Newcastle fansite, newcastle-online.com, I noticed that someone had posted a link to an article written by yourself on 22nd January 2008, entitled "King Kev ruler of Cloud Cuckoo Land".  Fair enough, I thought, as I began to read the article.  However, as I began to lose interest at more negative waffle written about our recent re-appointment of Kevin Keegan, I noticed that you write for the Peterborough Evening Telegraph.  This somewhat confuses me.  Forgive me for being your run-of-the-mill thick Geordie, but I can't grasp the idea of you, in a local newspaper, slating a football club and a man who you have very little understanding of, and who your readers are more than likely to have little interest in.

It appears to me that you have been a sheep, and followed the rest of the London tabloids into giving us a real battering and insulting our fans.  I particularly like your statement, "Kevin Keegan has been appointed manager of Newcastle, seemingly on the basis that they once beat Manchester United 5-0 when he was in charge".

Here you are showing your lack of knowledge about our football club.  If you knew anything about Newcastle, you would know that Keegan gave us our most successful spell in the past 15 years, and when your team is playing the most dire, defensive and downright boring football you have ever seen, you know that a man like Keegan, with his experience and personality, can give you a massive lift.

We know that there were other candidates.  Many of us can see that he perhaps wasn't the best man for the job.  But he's been appointed by our owner, and so we are going to back him (although you're probably waiting for us to turn on him).

So my message to you is to ask you to back out of our business and stop writing such absolute drivel about us in a paper that isn't going to be read by any of our fans.  If you ask me, I'd call it cowardly.  So please, go back to reporting on what you're readers want.  Write some bollocks about Peterborough United rather than Newcastle United.  After all, we aren't a big club apparantly.

Yours Sincerely,

Matt

Dear Mr. Swann,

I have read your article today entitled “King Kev, Ruler of Cloud Cuckoo Land” as it has been posted on a Newcastle United Fans website.

I am beginning to seriously tire of the London based press who have recently jumped on the bandwagon that has become the fortunes of Newcastle United recently.  Your article has to be one of the most ridiculous ones I have had the misfortune to read and I question that why, as the chief sports correspondent of a Peterborough based local newspaper you would consider that an article that is blatantly ill informed and biased should have any appeal to your readership, after all the fortunes of posh Peterborough United bear no interest to me in any way shape or form!

I would like to pick you up on a couple of points of I may:

i) “Kevin Keegan has been appointed manager of Newcastle, seemingly on the basis that they once beat Man Utd 5 – 0 while he was in charge.” – Ok, that was in 1996 and while it was one of the greatest matches for a Newcastle fan to watch and remember it was one of the last matches that Keegan presided over in his first term as manager at Newcastle and only one match in a period of seasons that is generally accepted to be one of the best times in recent memory to be a Newcastle fan.  Nothing since has come close to the good times Keegan brought to our club as a player and a manager.

ii) “The only certainty is that it will end in tears…” – That is a certainty, yes?  Could you tell me what the lottery numbers will be this weekend please Mystic Meg?

iii) “The row of Muppets that sit in the Sky studios…” – These, your journalistic colleagues, have universally approved the appointment of Keegan.  These are football experts, men who have played the game at the highest level and have an acute understanding of the game.  This is something you seem to lack in spades!

To be honest I could go on but, I doubt you will read this letter properly anyway. 

The only further comment I would like to make is that you clearly think that the Geordie public would be better served by living in their own Geordie nation, something that was offered in the form of a North East Assembly and was soundly rejected by referendum.

Next time Peterborough don’t have a match on a Saturday come and check us out, I think you will find that once Keegan has had a little time to sort out the players into the way he wants to play that you may be forced to eat your words along with a number of other far more eminent journalists than yourself.  Alternatively, maybe you would care to write on the plight of Liverpool currently, a club with far more pressing concerns than that of Newcastle and possibly of marginally higher interest to your readership.

Yours faithfully,

Mark Pinkney.

Ran out of toilet roll so will request at work that we get Peterborough-based local papers in. What a douchebag. Jimmy and Timmy from South Park have chatted more sense between them.

All this media hatred just increases my desire to will us to win, so I can sit back and laugh as they all proclaim "Keegan returns Newcastle to glory, as we predicted" or something along those lines.

How any twat from the Daily Express can describe our club as a joke is beyond me.  The Daily Mail, as has been so correctly pointed out, supported fucking Hitler, and is now a hateful-little rag that buzzes around the wealthy and double-barrel-named cocksuckers like flies around fucking shit.

The Daily Express last week ran on its front page, ITS FRONT PAGE,  a story about someone who heard someone else call Diana (that fucking thick layabout who captured our hearts) a whore.  Amidst a global environmental disaster, world financial meltdown, a never-ending war in the middle-east, and probably another needless stabbing on our streets, the Daily fucking Express deemed that bit of tittle-tattle worthy of its front page. 

How any twat from the Daily Express can describe our club as a joke is beyond me.  The Daily Mail, as has been so correctly pointed out, supported fucking Hitler, and is now a hateful-little rag that buzzes around the wealthy and double-barrel-named cocksuckers like flies around fucking shit.

The Daily Express last week ran on its front page, ITS FRONT PAGE,  a story about someone who heard someone else call Diana (that fucking thick layabout who captured our hearts) a whore.  Amidst a global environmental disaster, world financial meltdown, a never-ending war in the middle-east, and probably another needless stabbing on our streets, the Daily fucking Express deemed that bit of tittle-tattle worthy of its front page. 

Last week? She's been on their front page practically every day since about 1980.

Was there not some daft stat that Diana had been mentioned or referred to in over 100 front Daily Express headlines  during the last three years? Sure i read it somewhere.

Does anyone apart from that crooked shop owner, give a monkeys anymore!?  :knuppel2:

The Mail and Express are awful papers, I'd buy the Mirror or Star over both of them. Or the Sport for that matter, to see which aliens have crash landed on the moon this week.

Whatever they think of us, we're obviously helping them shift a good few papers.

As people have pointed out, we seem very news-worthy for supposedly not being a big club.

I bet if they're wrong and we start getting to finals, they'll be printing souvenir pullouts with NUFC plastered all over them. Hypocrites. Fk them all. Hope they get to eat a large slice of humble pie.

As that Millwall song goes, "No one likes us, we don't care".

In the late 60s/early 70s, Leeds were hated by the southern media - players like Bremner and Giles(who were really talented)were slated as dirty, cynical bast---s, and Leeds generally for their 'cynicism & time wasting' etc. etc..When Arsenal started to challenge them, they had a REALLY dirty swine(Peter Storey) in midfield, but there wasn't much said about THAT..!!

I have already said that, had I been Mort, I would have named the sports journalists who had slated the club with snide remarks over the past few weeks at KK's Press conference, and BARRED them from SJP for the foreseeable future - I don't WANT us to be the country's 'second-favourite team' , I want them to hate us because we win first and entertain our OWN fans ... I don't care if we play like Leeds did away from home - STUFF them all, we do need a siege mentality both of the pitch and in the Dressing Room..

Knock Knock

Who's there ?

Newcastle United

There we are a joke.

Seriously these people in the media really have no idea, I much prefer the owner of the club to give a toss and be in with the fans, than like the Yanks an l'pool who dont seem to give a shit. Will be interesting what the people who have slagged us off of late will have to say if we beat Arse at the weekend.

Well constructed e-mails in response to his article, lads, but unfortunately you'll leave him ultimately smug and satisfied at getting a bite from the fans. It's the stuff of journalistic fantasies to have incited such a response.