Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

Martin Jol  (xx.xx.xxx.xx)  10:01:08 PM  Posting in Keegan: Woodgate is not coming to NUFC.

Oooh, oooh, I can't wait!

Worth waiting for?  Maybe not.

You've let me down, you've let yourself down, and you've let the entire Spurs ITK community down.

But he did have the first part of his medical today.  Hope that helps rectify matters! O0

Guest kingdawson

Think he'll be rotated tbh. Will definatly get the majority of games BUT players like Dawson and Kaboul will also be getting some time on the pitch.

Kaboul as cover for Cerny?

?

OH MY GOD, WE WILL NEVER SIGN ANYONE AGAIN AND WE WILL GET RELEGATED! WHY HAVEN'T WE SIGNED ANYONE YET? WHY? WHY IS THERE NO PRESS CONFERENCE. OWEN IS s***, SIGN DIEGO, SIGN VDV!

IF WE DON'T SIGN MODRIC WE WILL GET RELEGATED IMO! IMHO! WHY HAVEN'T WE SIGNED ANYONE? I HATE THIS WAITING, I HAVE REFRESHED THE PAGE AND WE HAVENT SCORED OR SIGNED ANYONE. CARROLL FTW!

:lol:

Think he'll be rotated tbh. Will definatly get the majority of games BUT players like Dawson and Kaboul will also be getting some time on the pitch.

Kaboul and Dawson ought to be made to just sit in the stands, watch King and Woodgate and learn how it should be done.  Both of those are better than Terry.

But he did have the first part of his medical today.  

Part 2 is looking at his medical files, which are being transported from the Boro to the bright lighst of London. The 4  artic trucks should arrive at some point tomorrow at White Hart Lane.

Guest kingdawson

Kaboul and Dawson ought to be made to just sit in the stands, watch King and Woodgate and learn how it should be done.  Both of those are better than Terry.

King is, Woodgate definatly isnt. Its weird as i had the exact same debate with people over at GG about this yesterday.

The Mail are now saying a Spurs offer of £7m has been accepted!!  Not happy tbh if it's true.

Spurs and Middlesbrough agree £7million fee for Woodgate

Last updated at 23:09pm on 24th January 2008

Comments

Tottenham have had a £7million offer for Jonathan Woodgate accepted by Middlesbrough, who have given the defender permission to talk with the London club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=510225&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

Wonder if we'll match that now or not?  If Ashley wants to give Keegan a blank cheque,  it'd seem a bit silly not to use it to outbid/match another clubs offer for a supposed target.  If given the choice,  i'd like to think Woodgate would choose us.

No doubt in my mind that if he did have the choice, Woody would choose Newcastle.

££££££££££

No, location.

Northern lad, played for Newcastle before, wouldn't have to move.  If he did have the choice I can't think of one good reason why he would opt for Spurs.

That's what I thought then, it's still what I think now.  Absolute staggered that he's turned Newcastle down.  Delighted he has, but staggered nonetheless.

So whats happened in the last 48 hours to make you go from being unhappy about bidding to being delighted he's turned us down for you lot?

Easy why he'd turn us down. He's been here before. Spurs are a good club where he'd get a regular game when fit.

He'd get regular games at SJP if fit.  If he was fit he would be a nailed on starter at either club tbh...... or if he wasn't, he should be.

You're a better team than us at present and he might not want to go somewhere he's played.

I thought he would be happier playing for a manager he knows, plus the fact that he wouldn't have to move.  I don't know if he has kids but I was thinking of schools etc.  Guess I was wrong though.

King is, Woodgate definatly isnt. Its weird as i had the exact same debate with people over at GG about this yesterday.

When he got called back up to the England squad while at Boro there was plenty of mongs on GG saying Dawson was better than him. :lol:

Guest kingdawson

When he got called back up to the England squad while at Boro there was plenty of mongs on GG saying Dawson was better than him. :lol:

He's obviously better than Dawson but still massively overrated. People like to cling on the things players did in the past as some sort of evidence that their still good players.

The Mail are now saying a Spurs offer of £7m has been accepted!!  Not happy tbh if it's true.

Comments

Tottenham have had a £7million offer for Jonathan Woodgate accepted by Middlesbrough, who have given the defender permission to talk with the London club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=510225&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

Wonder if we'll match that now or not?  If Ashley wants to give Keegan a blank cheque,  it'd seem a bit silly not to use it to outbid/match another clubs offer for a supposed target.  If given the choice,  i'd like to think Woodgate would choose us.

No doubt in my mind that if he did have the choice, Woody would choose Newcastle.

££££££££££

No, location.

Northern lad, played for Newcastle before, wouldn't have to move.  If he did have the choice I can't think of one good reason why he would opt for Spurs.

That's what I thought then, it's still what I think now.  Absolute staggered that he's turned Newcastle down.  Delighted he has, but staggered nonetheless.

So whats happened in the last 48 hours to make you go from being unhappy about bidding to being delighted he's turned us down for you lot?

I, like many on the Spurs forums, were assuming his injury record from Real had continued with Boro.  I had no idea he had stayed as fit as he has, hence my initial apathy.  On top of that, the first choice CB was Jarque but he picked up an injury ruling him out as an option for this window, Garay was next but seems there would be work permit problems, Woodgate was an option but I don't know whether he was even 3rd choice.

What is obvious is that Spurs need more experience at the back than they have currently, I personally was hoping for Garay.  But I know Levy won't pay £12/13m for a player to go on loan for a couple of years while he gets work permit qualification.  Abramovich might but Levy wont!

Comments

££££££££££

No, location.

I, like many on the Spurs forums, were assuming his injury record from Real had continued with Boro.   I had no idea he had stayed as fit as he has, hence my initial apathy.  On top of that, the first choice CB was Jarque but he picked up an injury ruling him out as an option for this window, Garay was next but seems there would be work permit problems, Woodgate was an option but I don't know whether he was even 3rd choice.

What is obvious is that Spurs need more experience at the back than they have currently, I personally was hoping for Garay.  But I know Levy won't pay £12/13m for a player to go on loan for a couple of years while he gets work permit qualification.  Abramovich might but Levy wont!

Bollocks. You thought he wasnt going to join so you down played him & now it looks like he is signing so you big him up. I would do excalty the same  & so would most football fans.

Lol, where has that come from? Terry is an excellent defender who has been onthe top of his game for 4/5 years now. Woodgate is a fine fine defender who on his day is every bit as good as Ferdinand. What is everyone basing there opinion on Woodgate on? This season?

He's obviously better than Dawson but still massively overrated. People like to cling on the things players did in the past as some sort of evidence that their still good players.

The nearest in ability to a fit Ledders is a fit Woodgate.  You're talking as though Woodgate is about to draw his old age pension, he's 28 ffs.

I had a proper go at my lass the other night. When it looked like we might be getting Diarra, she was playing down his attributes, saying he was leightweight etc etc.

Then as soon as he signs for Pompey she's like 'Yeah, and he's a proper player, he'll be like our Viera' etc etc

She got a proper PegasusBridge backlash for being a fickle fucker.  :lol:

Comments

££££££££££

No, location.

I, like many on the Spurs forums, were assuming his injury record from Real had continued with Boro.   I had no idea he had stayed as fit as he has, hence my initial apathy.  On top of that, the first choice CB was Jarque but he picked up an injury ruling him out as an option for this window, Garay was next but seems there would be work permit problems, Woodgate was an option but I don't know whether he was even 3rd choice.

Bollocks. You thought he wasnt going to join so you down played him & now it looks like he is signing so you big him up. I would do excalty the same  & so would most football fans.

When I first said I wasn't happy, Woodgate looked like he was going to Spurs, Newcastle hadn't even put in a bid for him.  The change of opinion is for the reason I explained to Baggio, nothing more, nothing less.

Guest kingdawson

The nearest in ability to a fit Ledders is a fit Woodgate.  You're talking as though Woodgate is about to draw his old age pension, he's 28 ffs.

He may as well be 76 with all the injuries he's had.

48 hours a go it looked like he was more likely to join us.

Directly after my post saying I wqasn't happy, the Janitor posted:

It didn't look more likely that he would join Newcastle at that time.

:rolleyes:

Why am I not surprised you contribute on GG?  :parky:

Guest kingdawson

:rolleyes:

Why am I not surprised you contribute on GG?   :parky:

Is it so hard for you to acknowledge that some people may actually not rate Woodgate as much as you?

Ferdinand is the best defender in the country.

A little under-rated by Premiership and England fans. A better defender than JT, King and Woodgate with ease.

A fit Woodgate would more than match Ferdinand, not seen too much of King to be fair. JT isnt as good as an on form Woodgate, again not sure about King.

Ferdinand is the best defender in the country.

A little under-rated by Premiership and England fans. A better defender than JT, King and Woodgate with ease.

I deliberately left Rio out of my comparisons.  I think he gets close to Bobby Moore who was the best English defender I saw on a regular basis.  I did see Duncan Edwards once who might have turned out to be the best, but sadly never got the opportunity to achieve that.