Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

Guest johnson293

I'll be a bit disappointed if this doesn't come off now, after the comments that were coming out earlier today (advanced talks, etc).

But deep down, the fee always bothered me - not just paying another £7m for a potentially injury cursed player (again), but also giving that money to the smoggies!

Having heard Keegans comments, he does seemed resigned to the fact that it wont happen, but perhaps its a bit of gamesmanship, and one last serve of the ball, back into Woodgate's court.

Wait and see what happens, I suppose!

At the end of the day, if he's chosen Spurs, it's because they're a team on the up and a team in European competition.

We've got to alot more before we get back there.

Team on the up?

What are we like?

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

At the end of the day, if he's chosen Spurs, it's because they're a team on the up and a team in European competition.

Team on the up?

What are we like?

Yes

SHI*E

Team on the up?

What are we like?

Yes

SHI*E

Go away you sad little boy.

Guest johnson293

so he failed a medical here but has passed one at spuds. how does that work?

Its all rumour that he's passed a medical at Spurs, or that he failed one here.

But, if he has failed a medical, then the club has done the right thing to pull the plug - Remember how long it took him to make his Madrid debut after failing a medical for them!

We need him in the team, and if it looks like he may be unavailable for a few weeks, then whats the point of signing him?

Boro might end up stuck with him yet, if he doesn't (want to) move to Spurs.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

We need Kim Källström from Lyon. He is the one, he is the solution. Belive me when i say it, it`s for no reason Barca want him.

And thats why he would never join Newcastle.

F*** this, im utterly disappointed that Woodgate won't be joining us :(

Why wouldnt he come, no other english clubs want him, and i dont see him going to barca.

Why dont give it a try. Wouldnt harm at all.

I need to edit, if we were to put a bid on him off course spurs would be there too, but thats a whole nother story.

You are overrating "Kongo Kim". He was once a great talent but he hasen't become the world class midfielder we all thought/hoped he would become. He is more suted for a midtabled team in La Liga or the Serie A IMO. If NUFC could get him for a smal fee it might be worth the gamlbe otherwise Keegan should be looking at other targets.

How can you say he is overrated? Kim is excellent in Lyon, he hasnt got his qualitys out in the national squad but thats because he hasnt been used proper.

He is massive at Lyon.

Massive? No. Essien was "massive" for Lyon. Källström does a job but he is far from outstanding or dominanting. As I said, worth a shot if Keegan could get him for a smal fee but otherwise it's to much of a gamble.