Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

Couple of years ago i would of been gutted, but this tme around im not. We have 4 good defenders i dont think its a case of our defenders not being good enough but more our defending not being good enough,. Woodgate would make a bit of a difference but he still wouldnt make us inpenetrable.

Guest MaetihS

Since KK left us then, his reputation has gone down a few notches and thus have difficulty attracting good players esp so we are no longer a top 6 or even 10 club. Man City is different as Sven is still regarded as our of Europe's top managers. We will soon have to buy players normally sought after by likes of Wigan and Westham, which is going to keep us tanking in the bottom half of the table. Newcastle is no longer considered a decent club by top players in Europe. I will not be surprised if we do not sign anyone this Jan or sign some unknown players but lets hope these are hidden gems. The truth is that times has changed in Newcastle.  

Since KK left us then, his reputation has gone down a few notches and thus have difficulty attracting good players esp so we are no longer a top 6 or even 10 club. Man City is different as Sven is still regarded as our of Europe's top managers. We will soon have to buy players normally sought after by likes of Wigan and Westham, which is going to keep us tanking in the bottom half of the table. Newcastle is no longer considered a decent club by top players in Europe. I will not be surprised if we do not sign anyone this Jan or sign some unknown players but lets hope these are hidden gems. The truth is that times has changed in Newcastle. 

OK.

If you say so.

What the hell is this myth that players sign for clubs based on the manager's reputation, not as a manager but basically whether the player has heard of them or not? :lol:

Total nonsense, even moreso when we're talking about someone from Middlesbrough.

Balls, tbh. We're talking about Woodgate, not bloody Messi.

Guest DONTOONER

Hmmm thinking bout a creative midfielder..........maybe we dont need a player like a all out attack player....deco, or deigo ...

But a holding player that can hold the play up in difficult situations, and someone who could hit good accurate long cross field passes.........

we lost those long diagonal cross fields balls when shearer, solano, robert left the club....

The players we have dont have either the leg power or the sight to pick up the players that are free on the wings..

This has greatly reduce other range of variation on the field....probably a reason why SA failed so badly...he used to have okocha that could do the range passing and spread play...

Butt obviously tries to do it but his balls often go stray or too far...

We need a player like Frab or beckham that could hit balls fast which are unlikely ....therefore i suggest carrick or Denilson who some player i dont know that has the ability to hit accurate passes as such.

We need Kim Källström from Lyon. He is the one, he is the solution. Belive me when i say it, it`s for no reason Barca want him.

And thats why he would never join Newcastle.

F*** this, im utterly disappointed that Woodgate won't be joining us :(

utter s****, having his medial on a Saturday night. :lol:

He probably will go to them but will be middle or next week I reckon.

I bet KK really wanted him but Mort would not agree to his wages..

Could be, but that's what the craic was. KK also seemed resigned to the fact that he lost out

I think its hard for us supporters to understand what happens behind the scenes in a club like Newcastle, there is so much that have to fit for players to sign a club.

But i want players who wants to commit to Newcastle as club and passion, not a player who just comes here to waste time. I hope Kev has some aces up his arm for this transfer window.

:lol:

I think its hard for us supporters to understand what happens behind the scenes in a club like Newcastle, there is so much that have to fit for players to sign a club.

But i want players who wants to commit to Newcastle as club and passion, not a player who just comes here to waste time. I hope Kev has some aces up his arm for this transfer window.

I actually misread it as "arse" at first look.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

We need Kim Källström from Lyon. He is the one, he is the solution. Belive me when i say it, it`s for no reason Barca want him.

And thats why he would never join Newcastle.

F*** this, im utterly disappointed that Woodgate won't be joining us :(

Why wouldnt he come, no other english clubs want him, and i dont see him going to barca.

Why dont give it a try. Wouldnt harm at all.

I need to edit, if we were to put a bid on him off course spurs would be there too, but thats a whole nother story.

You are overrating "Kongo Kim". He was once a great talent but he hasen't become the world class midfielder we all thought/hoped he would become. He is more suted for a midtabled team in La Liga or the Serie A IMO. If NUFC could get him for a smal fee it might be worth the gamlbe otherwise Keegan should be looking at other targets.

utter s****, having his medial on a Saturday night. :lol:

He probably will go to them but will be middle or next week I reckon.

I bet KK really wanted him but Mort would not agree to his wages..

That would be a great way to lose Keegan before he's even begun, I seriously doubt it.