Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

Done deal, Southgate just delivered him at the training grounds:

http://www.mfc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/cc/8/0,,1~3410124,00.jpg

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7858/woodgatebackll0.jpg

Bugger.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Should have made him have an unhappy face, but still. :lol:

Woody's wage demand will be massive, more like both us and Spurs will not agree to what he wants, he will have two offers on the table and will be trying to play us against Spurs in a wages offer row.

If that is the case let him rot at the Boro..

There would be no point in doing that at all, Spuds point blank refuse to pay over £45,000 a week to anyone.

If this happens I wonder exactly what the Spuds fans will say?  Earlier he was a s*** mercenery with no interest in Football, known to be a money grabber and not fit to tie Dawsons shit laces :lol:  No doubt now history will be re-written as Woodgate being a great lad who is not interested in money and is happy being paid £3.50 a week if it means playing for the mighty Spuds.  Oh and also he'll now be the second best defender in the country, second to the best defender of all time, Ledley King :lol:

So Spurs are offering the same wages as us then. Cant see why he would accept lower wages to live in a more expensive part of the country further from home.

So Spurs are offering the same wages as us then. Cant see why he would accept lower wages to live in a more expensive part of the country further from home.

doesn't really matter, the money he will be on though, does it ?

If anything, from a financial point of view, he would buy property down south and make more money selling it on when his contract is finished.

Its probably a wish to live in London, whatever his reasons and whatever we think about Tyneside, he's got a point. Unless we hit high levels again he might think he has a better chance of getting back into the England team if he played in London ? He can move back up to smoggieland or the North East when his career is over.

I have a feeling we are better of not signing Woodgate, we need someone who is on top of their game. Not a player who is just looking at a place to make as much money as possible at the end of their career.

He wouldn't be going to Spurs if it was about the money. Keane, King and Berbatov are on around 45k a week which is apparently 20k less than he was on at Boro

Guest thommo78

The more worrying thing to me was that in the BBC interview Keegan didn't talk with his usual optimism when talking about signings. Not trying to read to deep into things but he basically deflected the question saying "we already had quality" and that our enquiries had come to nothing! Maybe keegan finding the transfer market a little harder these days or atleast selling the "Newcastle" dream to potential recruits hardr this time around! Jan is not a great time but the summer will be no different if we don't show signs of being a team that can challenge for Europe by then. As people were saying in the match thread...Keegan has a lot of work to do, I just hope he realises how big a job it is!

The more worrying thing to me was that in the BBC interview Keegan didn't talk with his usual optimism when talking about signings. Not trying to read to deep into things but he basically deflected the question saying "we already had quality" and that our enquiries had come to nothing! Maybe keegan finding the transfer market a little harder these days or atleast selling the "Newcastle" dream to potential recruits hardr this time around! Jan is not a great time but the summer will be no different if we don't show signs of being a team that can challenge for Europe by then. As people were saying in the match thread...Keegan has a lot of work to do, I just hope he realises how big a job it is!

We can still attract some quality in the summer, that I'm sure of. Look at some of the players Citeh bough, especially with how they were doing.